PDA

View Full Version : ANIMAL KINGDOM Savannah VS STANDARD

JOLAROCHE
01-22-2008, 01:50 PM
Is it really worth the extra money to stay in a Savannah room or will a standard room be nice. I am taking two 15 year old boys who love animals.

thanks

bs4free
01-22-2008, 10:10 PM
Having never stayed in either i dont know that my opion would be of much help but with the Savannah you can see the animals right from your room is the added cost more the the benefit maybe, becuase i think you can view the Savannah from some of the public areas of the resort as well! I know myself it would be a treat to have a Savannah view, but i am happy with a value resort or even a value/standard room since i am not one who is big on hanging out at the resort i want to be in the parks or shopping doing something and my room is just a place to rest my head and wash up! I hope this has helped you some!

mjjmbnmm
01-22-2008, 10:33 PM
We stayed in a savannah room a few years ago and loved it, I think it's worth the money. I loved waking up and watching the animals while drinking my coffee.

PSL1013
01-24-2008, 12:02 PM
I'll give you my opinion for what it's worth :rotfl: ....I've stayed at AKL 9 times since it opened and I've never actually booked a savannah room but have been given one each time I've checked in, this used to be pretty standard practice to get an upgrade and I don't know if it's changed in the past year because I've not stayed there recently. You are also taking your chances on an upgrade so if your heart is set on a savannah and you would be disappointed if you didn't have one and you can afford one, than by all means you should book one. The really good savannah rooms (where you will see lots of animals) are waaaay out there and a pretty long walk after a long day at the parks. I've always asked to be close to the lobby if possible and I was always pretty lucky to get one close. Don't forget the restaurants and pool are off the lobby, so it is convenient to be close to the lobby in that regard. There are plenty of viewing windows to view the animals and really nice viewing areas outside in back of the lodge and around the pool that are very easy to walk to. One more thing, most of the time you are in your room, it's dark and you have the drapes closed, so you need to go to a public viewing area anyway to be able to see the animals with those night vision binoculars. HTH

Anne
01-28-2008, 01:12 PM
Thanks for the info. I am planning a trip there, too for October. I got the pool view 'cause I didn't want to be looking off my balcony at parking lot. But I figured with 2 kids and no parents this time, we will be at the parks ALOT. I couldn't justify the money for the savannah rooms if we will hardly be there.

We will check out the animals at the public areas, and if we happen to get upgraded, COOL. If not, the kids won't know the difference. They are just so excited to go!

Anne

PSL1013
01-28-2008, 01:23 PM
Thanks for the info. I am planning a trip there, too for October. I got the pool view 'cause I didn't want to be looking off my balcony at parking lot. But I figured with 2 kids and no parents this time, we will be at the parks ALOT. I couldn't justify the money for the savannah rooms if we will hardly be there.

We will check out the animals at the public areas, and if we happen to get upgraded, COOL. If not, the kids won't know the difference. They are just so excited to go!

Anne

I love the pool view, it's my favorite...I've gotten to stay in one of these views a few times and I love looking out and at least seeing "something"! Seems the times that I've gotten a savannah view, all we've been able to see are these weird birds. :rotfl: