PDA

View Full Version : Cindy's Mother's Day Gift Guide

SunshineGirl
05-02-2007, 05:08 PM
For those of you still shopping, here is a repost of Cindy's gift guide:

Are you looking for that perfect gift for a mom for Mother's Day? Tricia asked our senior mom on staff (her own mom!) to help put together the perfect Mother's Day Gift Guide. (http://www.sunshinerewards.com/category_shop.php?cat=24) Together with our Sunshine Rewards Mother's Day Merchant List, you are sure to find something for mom while earning cash back. Take it from the moms at Sunshine Rewards!

"Since I've been a mom for thirty-something years, Tricia has asked me to write my favorite past Mother's Day gifts, my wish list (I think this part was to help her) and other favorite Mother's Day items. I think you would find it interesting the difference in "wishes" between her and myself, as my world seems to focus around food, how I can get out of cooking for just the two of us, and that "I feel entitled to be pampered" attitude after all the years as a mom and wife.

First, let me say that nothing over the years can ever replace those homemade cards and gifts my girls made me, but time has gone on, and now they buy them for me. In the past, my Mother's ring was a special gift, and though I've outgrown it, it still is nice to have. My SpaWish gift certificate was a favorite and I've noticed that this year, SpaWish even has a special for those Disney fans--Lake Buena Vista Special--for after a long day in Disney. The Cheryl and Co have always been a favorite and are always welcome in my house. Bake Me a Wish is a new favorite, and I can attest to the tastiness and freshness of their cakes, and the Tiramisu looks wonderful, though I’ve never had the opportunity, yet, to try it. Fragrancenet.com has the best prices and some great gift baskets for Mother's Day, and if you are looking for a nice, clean, refreshing fragrance, try Romance. I’ve recently been wearing it, and it's great. Another idea is Giftbaskets.com. Their Footsie Tootsie basket is one which we all would like to have, but will never spend the money on ourselves for.

I had never seen a Mother's Day bracelet until I visited Ice.com, and I have to say, it's absolutely the most gorgeous bracelet I have ever seen, but if it's out of your price range, the Mother's Heart is wonderful and very reasonable. My two favorites would have to be wine.com and Alazing. At wine.com, they have the Perfect Pair Gift Basket on sale. Remember when buying a wine for you mother, more is not better. We can buy all the cheaper wines we want, we just won’t splurge on the better wines, and that’s a great gift to receive. Then there's Alazing, the over 50, working mom's delight. How nice to come home and have full, delectable meals prepared, and the price right now is a real money saver. Where can you get 6 meals for $69.90, regularly $154.94? Sure to be a mom pleaser. And now, for the one thing on my wishlist, it’s the Dancing With the Stars CD which can be found at one our new affiliates, Shop ABC TV. If your mom likes to dance, wants to lose a few pounds and tone up, and you couldn’t tear her away from DWTS, especially when Mario Lopez was on, this is the CD for her.

Happy Mother's Day to all you moms out there. I hope this has made your Mother's Day gift buying a little easier and you get the gift on your wishlist."

The Cheshire Cat
05-02-2007, 05:44 PM
I just loved this email when it was sent! Really! Fantastic idea and because of it my momma is getting a very pretty bracelet we orded from Ice.com! Never would have thought of it otherwise!

missymagic
05-04-2007, 12:36 PM
great ideas...another week to become creative!!

RayaniFoxmur
05-05-2007, 07:15 PM
Very good ideas! So many places push the mother's rings and bracelets and necklaces... but it just doesn't make any sense to get them when you're an only child! At least not to me. So I never know what to get mom. I'll use some of these ideas instead, thank you!