PDA

View Full Version : We decided to go again....

aknight373
01-27-2008, 12:41 PM
Woohoo!!!!!!!!!!!!

This time it will just be my sister and I instead of all four of us ( our hubbies).

We are staying at the wilderness lodge this time around also, we were didnt care for the value resorts.

I am so excited, but we cant decided if we should go in sept or oct this time.

spring
01-27-2008, 12:44 PM
Woohoo!!!!!!!!!!!!

This time it will just be my sister and I instead of all four of us ( our hubbies).

We are staying at the wilderness lodge this time around also, we were didnt care for the value resorts.

I am so excited, but we cant decided if we should go in sept or oct this time.

Awesome! That's a nice time to go, as long as you avoid Labor Day and Columbus Day weekends.

aknight373
01-27-2008, 01:30 PM
Awesome! That's a nice time to go, as long as you avoid Labor Day and Columbus Day weekends.

Thanks that is true, i didnt think of that... it seems like on the disney board that it will always be crowded whenever you go... so i am not exactly sure when...

its it really packed with free dining ? i think i might have answered my own question ..

Magical JenK
01-27-2008, 05:53 PM
Thanks that is true, i didnt think of that... it seems like on the disney board that it will always be crowded whenever you go... so i am not exactly sure when...

its it really packed with free dining ? i think i might have answered my own question ..

We've done free dining in September right after Labor Day (usually arrive on Tuesday or Wednesday) & we love going then! Longest wait we had was Peter Pan's ride & it went faster than expected (I think the sign said 50 min & it was closer to 20). We really found it wasn't too busy that time of year. When we were at CSR this year there were some days we were the only ones on the bus to the parks! (We don't go right away in the morning...)

It's still really warm that time of year (90 & humid)! LOVE it! Be sure to drink plenty of water. The first weekend after Labor Day has been Night of Joy, so MK closes early Fri & Sat nights & there are no Wishes.

Be sure to make your ADRs at your 180 day mark!!

We're hoping to stay at WL this December! I can't wait! I've never stayed there before, but it's my favorite resort, so I'm really hoping we can work it out!!

Have a great time planning your trip!!

linanglab
01-27-2008, 06:34 PM
Wilderness Lodge would be awesome! Since we are cheapies, and stay for a minimum of 10 days, it gets too pricey for us especially during busy season (July 4th week). So we have been staying at POR. Next year we will get 2 rooms at either Pop or Movies. But I would LOVE to stay at a deluxe! In order for that to happen, I would need to win a trip.

Congrats! We have not visited Wilderness Lodge yet. I have seen pics and it seems like a beautiful place!

arob414
01-27-2008, 09:14 PM
I would love to take a trip to Disney with my sister, alone. She lives in Biloxi, but even when she is living in TN, we just don't get to spend much sister time, together. Mostly, when we are together, there are too many kids around us to have really long talks.

So, talk alot for me and everyone else who has a sister they miss.

Weluvdisny
02-17-2008, 11:24 PM
We also decided to go next year. We just got back a few weeks ago and don't usually go every year but this is an exception.

Our trip this year wasn't exactly as magical as we had hoped. We took along with us a family that had never been to Disney that just didn't "get it". I had hoped to write a trip report for everyone but I just can't seem to make everything seem so wonderful when it wasn't. We hardly did anything in the parks with them (because they didn't want to do anything). We would end up going back in the parks without them because I just couldn't sit in my hotel room all day. To rest for a bit, yes, but not to sit and watch tv and not enjoy our balcony or the beautiful 80 degree weather or enjoy the hotub. I had a feeling it was going to be a tough sell when they didn't even want to talk about any part of the trip or all the plans and arrangements I had spent so much time preparing for everyone.

Here's to hoping the next trip is better. :)