PDA

View Full Version : 50's primetime cafe?

Hedy
01-27-2008, 09:14 PM
Anyone take wee ones here recently? I'm considering taking the nephews in August, but haven't been since I was 9 (but I liked it).

ligrumpygirl
01-27-2008, 09:25 PM
We went last year...DD6 LOVES it...especially when I get in trouble for something. Once it was for tattling another for having my elbows on the table!

The food was good..the chicken nuggets are the real thing....yummy!

PS We always go for lunch around 11:30am and get right in!

bellanlivismom
01-27-2008, 09:27 PM
I was there for the first time in March. We went for lunch. We (4 adult women) Loved it. We had so much fun. the food was good too. I liked it enough to add it to the dining list for my family this summer.

monorailsilver
01-27-2008, 10:29 PM
We like it here too.

I have only been twice so far-once in the late 90's & another time in 2005. We didn't get ribbed either time which is fine by me but we still enjoyed it.

m 'n c
01-27-2008, 10:34 PM
We went in 2006 and food was ok server wasn't very good but I wouldn't judge the entire place by him.

wilsonfamily4
01-28-2008, 12:23 AM
We went one year ago, Jan 2007. Truthfully I thought the food was good but it was packed and we waited about 30 minutes for our ADR's. The server wasn't that great and our booth was in a poor spot. This is the only dinner we did that we will never go back for. But MGM doesn't have that many options.

eaglesdare
01-28-2008, 09:03 AM
my son 9 and myself ate there in april/may 2007 and we both really liked it. the food was good and our cousin was cool.

when the greeter was calling our names he said "i know you can hear me, don't make me come out there and yell!" it was funny.

jl8595
01-28-2008, 09:04 AM
We've taken our girls (preschool & elementary school age) twice - Aug '06 & Sep '07. We LOVE it. The food is decent (for the price - it's fairly inexpensive for a table service meal) and the atmosphere for the kids is a blast. My girls enjoy picking out their dessert using the view finder toy (or whatever that thing is called!). My absolute favorite is the cheese appetizer...soooo good!

wilsonfamily4
01-28-2008, 12:23 PM
We've taken our girls (preschool & elementary school age) twice - Aug '06 & Sep '07. We LOVE it. The food is decent (for the price - it's fairly inexpensive for a table service meal) and the atmosphere for the kids is a blast. My girls enjoy picking out their dessert using the view finder toy (or whatever that thing is called!). My absolute favorite is the cheese appetizer...soooo good!

What is the dessert finder? Never heard of that. I think after reading all your reviews that we must have just had a really bad waiter and that ruined our experience.

bs4free
01-28-2008, 08:35 PM
Ahh the Dessert finder, is like an old viewmaster viewfinder! with a slide reel of none other then the desserts that can be had at the 50's PrimeTime!

We went for the first time in sep 2007 with my DB(13) and DS(11) they liked it we were on the DDP! My Steak was OVER DONE! would have make them fix it but the others were almost done with meal and looking towards dessert and we needed to get going for Fantismic (not the Fantismic dining package) just planed a ADR so we had time, but had to wait about 20 minutes to get table was packed, had a fun server that knew when to play/ribb and when to know it was not a good idea or time! ALL in all not one of my Fav's for dinner at WDW but again not too many options at MGM now DHS

3dog2kidmom
02-03-2008, 09:50 PM
But MGM doesn't have that many options.

Primetime is the only restaurant I've read about that I don't think we'll ever try. It just doesn't appeal and I think the antics would annoy me.

We have, however, eaten at Sci Fi, Brown Derby, and Mama Melrose at the Studios and loved every one. I've been to MM twice and we'll probably re-do Brown Derby or Sci Fi (best for themeing if not the food) next time, depending on whether or not we want to get a Fantasmic dinner package.

LCS3
02-11-2008, 10:24 AM
We enjoyed it. My DD5 loved when Mommy and Daddy got into trouble. The servers are purposfully "rude". Our server called herself "The Babysitter" and we got into trouble A LOT! We had great fun with it all. The food was okay, some items were super yummy, some just okay. Mama Melrose and The Brown Derby are by far our favorites for food at MGM or Hollywood Studios!

luvdisney00
03-04-2008, 05:38 PM
We really liked it (my DD's are 12,10 &5) last summer. We had a good server, but the waitress at the next table was hysterical. The woman didn't like her food and didn't want to eat it and she got yelled at and the waitress tried to come over and feed her (literally!) DD's were hysterical and we all got in on it. Then the 2 waitresses in our section got into a loud fight about who was too bossy and the kids in the section were all egging them on. We had fun interacting with the tables around us and the food was very good.

The food is really more casual than most other table service meals and definitely less expensive, so not the greatest bang for your buck on the dining plan. We used this as our OOP meal since we used 2 credits for CRT. I would reccomend it for the fun atmosphere.

nolacindy
03-05-2008, 11:36 AM
DH and I went in Febuary, it was my 3rd time and his first. Lunch seemed a little more low key than dinner, not quite as crowded. We both loved what we got, potroast for me and fried chicken for him, the table next to us was very rowdy so it was fun to watch them get yelled at. As we were leaving we saw a whole table with napkin hats on :rotfl: Its a fun atmosphere and the prices are not bad. I definitly would go again.

Magical JenK
03-06-2008, 01:26 PM
DH & I went last Sept for dinner. I thought it was fun & the food was good. DH didn't care for it much. Although, the interaction w/our cousin was pretty limited...which was probably best. Other servers were really fun to watch. I loved the ambiance of it most I think. It was pretty fun. Here are some photos, including the me w/the view finder finding my dessert! That was cute!

http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b7d739b3127ccebccdbd1f3da400000026100EbuHDhq1Zsb http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b7d739b3127ccebccdbdaf3d1400000026100EbuHDhq1Zsb

http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b7d739b3127ccebccdb2767d5200000026100EbuHDhq1Zsb

pbhall13
03-07-2008, 08:52 AM
haven't been in over a year, but my girls like it..........the menu is nothing to be desired for for what I like, BUT the girls always have fun.........it is a cute atmosphere and kids usually get a kick out of it.

Pamela