PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Character Breakfast?

Anne
01-28-2008, 01:28 PM
Hey everyone. I am looking for a couple of ideas. We are heading down in October and am planning to get in at least one character breakfast. Besides the ones at Cinderella Castle and the Princess one at Epcot (which was WONDERFUL but we did it last time) which one is your favorite? I have to girls ages 4 and 7 and we will be at the Animal Kingdom Lodge.

Thanks!

wilsonfamily4
01-28-2008, 01:31 PM
We did 2 last time, 1900 park fare and the princess one in Norway. I loved 1900 park fare. The food was good and it was so fun to go into the Grand Floridian. The characters were different then ther places. We enjoyed that one A LOT

askomsky
01-28-2008, 01:36 PM
Who was at 1900 Park Fare? Didn't hear about that one.

We did Lunch with the Princesses in Norway and I must say while the Princesses were awesome, the food was terrible! Not even my 4 yr old daughter who will eat almost anything would touch it. Mine wasn't that bad, i think i had the pork sandwich, but the girls wouldn't eat at all, thankfully it was just the 3 of us and they enjoyed the princesses.

We did Chef Mickey and that was awesome!, i would defintely go there again.

disney_girl
01-28-2008, 01:42 PM
We love Chef Mickeys' and will definitely do that one again!

mjjmbnmm
01-28-2008, 01:51 PM
We love Ohana's, we've done it three times and every time had, great food and service. they also do a parade with the kids through the resterant.

m 'n c
01-28-2008, 02:18 PM
We loved Chef Mickey's last time. They had the mickey waffles there and that was the main reason we went. I have heard good things about Crystal Palace so that might be an option.

Hedy
01-28-2008, 02:19 PM
Who was at 1900 Park Fare? Didn't hear about that one.

We did Lunch with the Princesses in Norway and I must say while the Princesses were awesome, the food was terrible! Not even my 4 yr old daughter who will eat almost anything would touch it. Mine wasn't that bad, i think i had the pork sandwich, but the girls wouldn't eat at all, thankfully it was just the 3 of us and they enjoyed the princesses.

We did Chef Mickey and that was awesome!, i would defintely go there again.

At breakfast they had the Mad Hatter, Alice, Mary Poppins and Tigger and Pooh.

faithhope
01-28-2008, 02:27 PM
We usually go to Crystal Palace for lunch
it has pooh, tigger, piglet and eeyore
we all love the buffet

JOLAROCHE
01-28-2008, 05:11 PM
Over the years we have eaten at alot of the character meals and are favorite is breakfast at Chef Mickeys

Mom2aPrincess
01-28-2008, 06:53 PM
Chef Mickey's is my dd7's favorite of all the restaurants and the most important one to her that we have to do....even more so that then princess ones.

We also loved Ohana's. We tried it for the first time over Christmas.

disneynut
01-28-2008, 07:52 PM
Another vote for Chef Mickey's for breakfast. Loved it, good interaction with the characters for the kids and me.:angel: :sunshine:

Tiggerific711
01-28-2008, 07:57 PM
We usually only do Chef Mickeys or Cape May Cafe (if we're at the Beach Club). We haven't tried Ohana, 1900 Park Fare or Crystal Palace for breakfast. I guess we should branch out a little!

bs4free
01-28-2008, 09:31 PM
Chef Mickeys' Breakfast! All you can eat Mickey Waffels WOOT!

wdwabby
01-29-2008, 10:13 AM
CRYSTAL PALACE!!!! My parents and I absolutely LOVED:love: :love: :love: this breakfast. Pooh & friends were awesome, the food was fresh and very satisfying with a wide variety. The building is beautiful as well. This is pretty much going to be a must do on each trip.

We haven't tried Chef Mickey's yet, but may consider it for the next trip.

Magical JenK
02-02-2008, 04:35 PM
We always make Crystal Palace our last morning's breakfast! I really like it there! The food is good & who doesn't love Pooh?! He's so cute!!

3dog2kidmom
02-02-2008, 04:46 PM
If you're looking for princesses I would say CRT, but otherwise 'Ohana is my new favorite. I love Stitch, Mickey & Pluto, and the food was the best of any character breakfast so far I think. We had an amazing view of the castle, the kids can participate in a parade with the characters, and the service there is really good!

ETA a few photos:

http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p223/mlhays/disney1-08part1117.jpg

http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p223/mlhays/disney1-08part1110.jpg

http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p223/mlhays/disney1-08part1106.jpg

askomsky
02-02-2008, 04:58 PM
If you're looking for princesses I would say CRT, but otherwise 'Ohana is my new favorite. I love Stitch, Mickey & Pluto, and the food was the best of any character breakfast so far I think. We had an amazing view of the castle, the kids can participate in a parade with the characters, and the service there is really good!

ETA a few photos:

http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p223/mlhays/disney1-08part1117.jpg

http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p223/mlhays/disney1-08part1110.jpg

http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p223/mlhays/disney1-08part1106.jpg

GORGEOUS!!!! I think I would do that next time!

How was CA?

3dog2kidmom
02-02-2008, 06:14 PM
GORGEOUS!!!! I think I would do that next time!

How was CA?

Well my omelet at the St. Regis was to die for, but there were no characters there so it was just okay :(

:rotfl:

fordisneyap08
02-03-2008, 09:59 AM
Glad to hear Crystal Palace and Ohana's have such good reviews!!! We have ADR's there in April:) Can't Wait:cooldance:

Magical JenK
02-03-2008, 12:24 PM
Ooh I may have to go a searching for the menu for O'hana breakfast! I may have to try that next time! Thanks for the photos!

LCS3
02-11-2008, 10:34 AM
We've done serveral of the character breakfast over the years. Our favorite remains Chef Mickey and 1900 Park Fare. It really all depends on what characters your girls want to see.

Chef Mickey's: Main Disney Characters(Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Goofey, etc...)
1900 Park Fare: Mary Poppins, Alice in Wonderland, Mad Hatter
Hollywood and Vine: Little Einstiens and JoJo's Circus
Crystal Palace: Winnie the Pooh and friends
Ohana: Lilo and Stitch
Cinderella's Castle: Princess

My suggestion would be to do Cinderella's Castle for lunch. I've heard more princesses show up and there is more "surprises" for the guest at lunch. We went this last trip and our daughter got a wand, wish star, and a picture package with Cinderella that was all included. It's also a nice air conditioned break in the middle of the day!

luvdisney00
02-27-2008, 07:24 AM
We love Chef Mickey's and Crystal Palace. I intend to try 1900 PF next trip for Princesses. Askerhaus has good Princess interaction, but the food is not what you'd expect for that kind of $. Character breakfasts are so much fun, for me they are a highlight of each trip. Happy Planning!

lenzs4
02-27-2008, 10:21 AM
I am the minority but - we do not like character breakfasts - we like lunch and dinner.
lunch - Crystal Palace

Dinner -Chef Mickey and the one in Epcot that is in the land pavillion that turns in a circle.

Alice28
03-01-2008, 12:29 PM
We've done serveral of the character breakfast over the years. Our favorite remains Chef Mickey and 1900 Park Fare. It really all depends on what characters your girls want to see.

I agree with this- which characters do your kids like to see? I have heard Norway princess breakfast is easier to get an ADR for.

There is a new one in AK- at Tusker House. It features Donald, Daisy, Mickey, Goofy and sometimes Minnie. We are trying that one next time. We have NEVER done a character breakfast! We aren't big breakfast people. :)

We are doing characterpalooza this upcoming trip- it will be interesting. Just one breakfast but 4 dinners I think? My kids will have full autograph books. :p

Mom2aPrincess
03-02-2008, 11:19 AM
Robin, we always do several character meals. My DD7 LOVES them. I've actually looked at August and in realizing we aren't doing many wondering about making some adjustments...:rotfl:

I agree with this- which characters do your kids like to see? I have heard Norway princess breakfast is easier to get an ADR for.

There is a new one in AK- at Tusker House. It features Donald, Daisy, Mickey, Goofy and sometimes Minnie. We are trying that one next time. We have NEVER done a character breakfast! We aren't big breakfast people. :)

We are doing characterpalooza this upcoming trip- it will be interesting. Just one breakfast but 4 dinners I think? My kids will have full autograph books. :p

T1nkrules
03-02-2008, 05:48 PM
Chef Mickey's is by far (so far!) the family's greatest favorite! 'Specially when Chip (or was it Dale?) "fell" into my lap--too funny!:rotfl:

The Crystal Palace for breakfast was also a favorite, but we are going to do Donald Duck's in Animal Kingdom and a Stitch breakfast at the Polynesian this time. :p

LuvMyBoys
03-05-2008, 11:16 AM
I still love the 'Ohana breakfast the best, I love the food and the characters were very good - plus can't beat the atmosphere of the Poly! :love:

We did 1900 Park Fare yesterday and the characters were Piglet, Tigger, Pooh, Alice, and Mary Poppins. So I guess they do change a bit.

The food was good, not overwhelmingly good though. I prefer the family style to a buffet though so that is a small part of it. The strawberry soup was great though!! :)

nurseminnie76
03-29-2008, 12:21 PM
For breakfast, we have done: Chef Mickey, Crystal Palace, and Cape May Cafe (Beach Club). All were good -- but if I had to pick just one, it would be Chef Mickey.

I am planning a trip with DD8 for the Sun-Wed before the SR cruise and DD has already put in her request for Chef Mickey. :love:

T1nkrules
05-24-2008, 09:18 AM
Well, my little pirate enticed us to try a few this time...we've done the Crystal Palace breakfast and loved it, Chef Mickey's and O'Hana are the best, and now I have to add the Breakfast with Donald Duck and friends at Tusker House to that. Great breakfast with a little twist and an awesome atmosphere and just fun! We certainly have enjoyed the character breakfasts this go around!

iluvamystery89
05-24-2008, 12:44 PM
we LOVE ohana for breakfast-YUMMMM!! and the characters are great-DD also loves the maraca parade around the restaurant, lol, the poly has a great atmosphere!