PDA

View Full Version : What time can you get Meal bookings

JOLAROCHE
01-29-2008, 09:11 PM
I know that you can book most meals 180 day out but what time of day does the dinling line open in the A.M.

Hedy
01-29-2008, 09:13 PM
7 AM to 10 PM EST.

m 'n c
01-29-2008, 09:19 PM
Whatcha booking? Is your 180 days coming soon?

JOLAROCHE
01-30-2008, 05:06 PM
Yes my 180 days is Feb 12 and thank you for the information.

Magical JenK
01-30-2008, 06:46 PM
Yes my 180 days is Feb 12 and thank you for the information.

Very fun! Do you know what you're going to book yet?? Yummmmm Disney food! Gotta love it!:p

JOLAROCHE
01-30-2008, 08:35 PM
Here is the story. We were going to go in December just after Christmas and stay at a timeshare. Then my husband was going to change his job. I felt bad for him because I knew he would not be able to get Christmas so the 40%off coupon arrived in may email. I called and could not get the Contemporary but I go AKL instead. We have never stay there. I thought it would be fun for my dh and my ds nd his friend who has never been to disney. So here I thought I had all this time and now I have to book on Feb 12th my meals. Here is the list
Casey's Corner lunch DS
Crystal Palace dinner
The Mara at AKL breakfast
Prime Time ds has never eatent there lunch
Mama melrose dinner
Chef Mickey breakfast ds favorite place
fast food Epcot
Garden Grill dinner
Mara breakfast
fast food AK lunch
Rainforest dinner I have gift cards
Boma breakfast wanted to try something AKL since never have before
Mexico fast food lunch
The land dinner
Crystal palace breakfast
fast food MK not sure where
Chef Mickeys dinner

If you have any suggestions I would love to hear them but this is what I am thinking so far
:cooldance: :cooldance: :cooldance: :minnie:

3dog2kidmom
02-03-2008, 09:45 PM
Here is the story. We were going to go in December just after Christmas and stay at a timeshare. Then my husband was going to change his job. I felt bad for him because I knew he would not be able to get Christmas so the 40%off coupon arrived in may email. I called and could not get the Contemporary but I go AKL instead. We have never stay there. I thought it would be fun for my dh and my ds nd his friend who has never been to disney. So here I thought I had all this time and now I have to book on Feb 12th my meals. Here is the list
Casey's Corner lunch DS
Crystal Palace dinner Yum!! We all loved this!
The Mara at AKL breakfast
Prime Time ds has never eatent there lunch
Mama melrose dinner We've eaten here twice - delish!
Chef Mickey breakfast ds favorite place
fast food Epcot
Garden Grill dinner Good characters, but the food wasn't our favorite. Liked CM and CP better.
Mara breakfast
fast food AK lunch I wanted to try Flame Tree -- it looked really cool!
Rainforest dinner I have gift cards We have been there for breakfast & lunch and both were good.
Boma breakfast wanted to try something AKL since never have before
Mexico fast food lunch
The land dinner
Crystal palace breakfast
fast food MK not sure where
Chef Mickeys dinner We loved dinner here

If you have any suggestions I would love to hear them but this is what I am thinking so far
:cooldance: :cooldance: :cooldance: :minnie:

I would definately recommend Yak & Yeti. I think it was one of the best meals we had and I loved the decor as well. If you can't do a TS here, they have a counter service section too. If you do a TS, you can probably share 2 meals with appetizers & desserts between 4 people. We shared 2 adult and 1 child meals between 4 and still left quite a bit uneaten.

LCS3
02-12-2008, 12:31 PM
Boma is an excellent choice! They have loads of choices. From traditional African food to some all american favorites. We really enjoyed the variety of hummus and fresh fruit. Well, really we enjoyed all aspects of this restaurant!

Crystal Palace and Chef Mickey's have been our favorite character meals for years! Both have yummy food. Nothing to experiemental either! We usually eat lunch at CP and dinner at CM.

We didn't care for Garden Grille, but it's been a few years since we ate there. Overall we just thought the meats were too tough, fried or breaded.

We also didn't care for Yak and Yeti. My DH got Dim Sum app and thought the flavors were too over powering. I got the potstickers, they were average. Then we got a side of cooked veggies, which was really just sliced peppers and carrots. Def not worth the $5! DH ordered the beef and broccoli, he said it was okay, again too much sauce. I ordered the chicken lo mein, which was noodles, those sliced peppers and carrots again and a couple of fatty pieces of chicken. We just didn't think it was worth the money. If you want to do an Asian type restaurant I would suggest Japan in Epcot. Yummy food in all their restaurants, we like Teppan Edo the best though! I do have to say that the decor and atmosphere at Yak and Yeti was really great!

3dog2kidmom
02-12-2008, 11:29 PM
We also didn't care for Yak and Yeti. My DH got Dim Sum app and thought the flavors were too over powering. I got the potstickers, they were average. Then we got a side of cooked veggies, which was really just sliced peppers and carrots. Def not worth the $5! DH ordered the beef and broccoli, he said it was okay, again too much sauce. I ordered the chicken lo mein, which was noodles, those sliced peppers and carrots again and a couple of fatty pieces of chicken. We just didn't think it was worth the money. If you want to do an Asian type restaurant I would suggest Japan in Epcot. Yummy food in all their restaurants, we like Teppan Edo the best though! I do have to say that the decor and atmosphere at Yak and Yeti was really great!

I guess it truly is a matter of taste... since this was one of our favorites. I thought the dim sum appy was outstanding, as were the ahi tuna and the lettuce wraps. DS and I shared the steak & shrimp and DH had the crispy mahi mahi -- both excellent. We will make this a regular when at AK.

m 'n c
02-13-2008, 10:09 AM
My parents love Garden Grill. Its been about 5 years since I've eaten there but I will be making an ADR there for Sept when my 180 comes up. I"m looking forward to eating there again.

For epcot fast food you really need to go to Germany or England. Both are excellent and the boys will love it. If you still have room for an ADR Biergarten might be an option for dinner. They have live entertainment throughout dinner.