PDA

View Full Version : OMG...we might be going in March!!

pbhall13
01-30-2008, 06:27 PM
I just had to let all of you know that we may be going again in March for a long weekend........and it shouldn't cost us very much!!!!! The mom of one of the boys that I tutor, they own DVC, and they have points that are going to expire at the end of March and they will not be going.......so she knows how much I love Disney and she offered them to me!!!!! I told her I would trade it for tutoring, but she said no...they would be lost if she didn't give them away and that she didn't want any money for it (I still am going to push for trading!)

So now I am looking for flights (and I have southwest credit and vouchers) and my sister is willing to come with the girls and I (and my nephew) We will only be there for 3 days and I think we will only do the MK for a day....we want to enjoy the resort and do something that we haven't had a chance to explore (campfire and movie, mini golfing)

Just had to share!!

Pamela

linanglab
01-30-2008, 06:35 PM
AAAAGGGGHHHH!!!!!! Yippee for you! I would be SOOOO excited! And to have a free place to stay! Can't beat that!

Magical JenK
01-30-2008, 06:37 PM
OMGosh! That's awesome!! Do you get to pick the resort? Which one you staying at?????

Hedy
01-30-2008, 06:38 PM
Cool! :sunshine2:

wilsonfamily4
01-30-2008, 07:40 PM
that is almost true good to be!!!! So great for you!!!! Tell us everything, what resort, when!!!!
Congrats, I guess it all in who you know:)

Iteach
01-30-2008, 07:41 PM
How fun! I can just hear the excitement in your post. Keep us posted:sunshine2:

LuvMyBoys
01-30-2008, 07:50 PM
What an awesome opportunity! How very nice of her! :sunshine: I hope it all falls into place and you guys have a great time! Keep us updated on your plans so we can envy you! :rotfl:

askomsky
01-30-2008, 08:17 PM
Can I come too????? lol

How fun!!!!!!!!!

pbhall13
01-30-2008, 10:36 PM
still waiting to hear back from her (I have been out tutoring...just got home a little bit ago). At this point I would take any resort (my first choice would be Boardwalk area, 2nd Wilderness Lodge....oh heck it doesn't really matter).

I only quickly poked around Southwest to see airfare, it doesn't look too bad!

I don't want to get my hopes up too high (maybe nothing available, etc...) but it looks a real possibility!!!

I am giddy with excitement!

Pamela

ps....thanks for sharing in my joy (most people think I am nuts for always wanting to go to WDW....they just don't get it!)

Magical JenK
01-30-2008, 11:00 PM
I am giddy with excitement!

Pamela

ps....thanks for sharing in my joy (most people think I am nuts for always wanting to go to WDW....they just don't get it!)

Oh we get it Pamela! We TOTALLY get it! That's so awesome!!

ligrumpygirl
01-30-2008, 11:03 PM
You are so lucky! I love my DVC...you will have so much fun at any one of them! Post when you know which one you will be at and maybe we can give you some things to do at the resort!

linanglab
01-31-2008, 06:55 AM
I love that giddiness that I feel when planning a trip! And to have it be only a month or 2 away! I sure hope it pans out for you. How awesome would that be!!!!!

pbhall13
02-21-2008, 01:40 PM
It is a definate..........we are going the last weekend in March........staying at the boardwalk (I just love it there). although I don't own DVC I always stay DVC by renting points! It just makes so much more sense for us money wise and room size wise! I have not stayed at Boardwalk since 1998 (we had a 2 bedroom villa) and my girls are really looking forward to it. They have previously stayed at OKW, WLV, and BCV. All were fun, but there were never openings at Boardwalk, so I cannot wait to show them around that one!

I now have to decide if I am going to stay Thursday to Sunday, Friday to Monday or Friday to Tuesday. I am debating on the airfares (I still have a bunch of southwest credit and they just released some decent DING fares today)

I already made ressies at Teppan Edo for Saturday night and Kona for Sunday. Lumpygirl....have you done the meal plan since the changes in January? WE usually do the meal plan since it is such a great deal when staying at DVC (don't have to buy passes thru disney) but curious how the changes are.

Now I am just trying to tie up some loose ends and also trying to accumulate as much money on SR to cash out before we go to pay for some things!!! Very excited!!

Pamela

linanglab
02-21-2008, 02:35 PM
I am so glad that it worked out! Now....I just need to find a long lost DVC owner relative.....Not thinking they exist! LOL

Magical JenK
02-21-2008, 03:47 PM
That's so awesome Pamela!! Congrats!! Have fun planning! Your countdown will go soooo fast!!

pbhall13
02-22-2008, 12:23 AM
Just booked our return flight home........and it was cheaper to come home on a Tuesday....got a fare of $58 return and I was able to use some of my credits on southwest to pay for that and I still have credit and a voucher to put towards our flight to Orlando...still waiting for a DING fare.

I am so happy that we get to spend the extra day (although my sister and her son will go home on Monday..she teaches and cannot take 2 days in a row) She kept telling me that in the end it would cost me more to get the extra night at the hotel, but when I figured it out, it will actually cost less than if I went home on the Monday (the fares were crazy high for that day and I have to buy 3 airfares, so it really is cheaper to stay and we won't go to a park, just chill by the pool and relax until Magical Express gets us...and my girls are not big eaters so that won't kill us...although I do have a gift card to Rainforest Cafe that we haven't used (we have one locally that I cashed in for from SR) so that could be our lunch for that day.

I love when things just fall into place........and now my dad is sad that I did not ask him, so I may need to book him a room so that he can come!! Hey the more the merrier!!

Thanks for listening......

Pamela

pbhall13
03-17-2008, 12:56 PM
here is an update:

With less than 2 weeks until we arrive at WDW we are finally all set.....

first 2 nights we will be staying at Boardwalk Villas studio with a prefered view, next night Saratoga Studio, final night (just the girls and me) at Beachclub studio.

Now i know a lot of people don't like to change resorts, luckily my girls and I don't mind.......plus there was nothing availabe at one place...even thru disney ressie's all I could get was the All star family suite and for 2 nights it was going to cost me $497 where as with the renting of vacation points it will only cost me $250 (and I like those other resorts a little better). don't get me wrong I love all the resorts, but to have the little kitchenette part is great with kids!

We are flying Jetblue down and Southwest home (thanks to all of my credits and vouchers this is costing me a big fat $0!!)

I bought one day tickets from the Florida Hospital Cancer Center (found on dis) and it ends up being $59 for the day and money goes to a good cause! we will each have 3 days of passes....still a savings and like I said it is donated to a good cause ( and for this I have visa giftcards that I was able to use for myself and the girls!)......

My adrs are set.....Teppan Edo Saturday night, Kona Sunday night and I have 2 for Monday (breakfast at Hollywood and Vine and dinner at 1900 Park Faire) Tuesday the girls and I are going to wing it...probably eat at Beaches and Cream since we will be staying at Beachclub.....girls haven't tried it yet and we will be swimming all day....we don't fly out until 8:30 that night

Now I am just waiting for my disney gift cards to arrive and those will go towards our dining plan and I bought some disney dollars for the girls for their Easter Basket.

I also mentioned to the grandparents to give the girls disney dollars instead of stuffed animals (they will get more use out of the disney dollars, they have so many stuffed animals!!)

How does it all sound?

Oh yeah...on saturday we will do Epcot in the am, go back and swim, head back over for a late dinner in Japan and walk around

Sunday....be there for opening at MK, still until about 1 (maybe do lunch there) go back to resort for swimming/nap for my nephew, then we have dinner at 7 and MK is open until after midnight....we will all head over after dinner, but my sister may take her son and my dd5 back to room at 9ish and sydney and I will close the park!!

Monday....head over to MGM for breakfast and do some thrill rides .....after noonish we will go back to swim and my sister and nephew will be picked up for airport just before 4 pm. Then the girls and I will have our dinner ressies, and then probably go back to MGM for Fantasmic (it is EMH there that night)

Tuesday....it is all about swimming and relaxing....I think I will even have a few drinks while sitting by the pool (I always say I am going to do this and I never do, this time I am going to try to remember)

Thanks for listening! Pamela

Hedy
03-17-2008, 01:05 PM
Sounds like fun! I'm curious to hear how the SW/Jetblue split goes-I'm doing the same thing in august (except SW down, JetBlue up).

3dog2kidmom
03-17-2008, 01:50 PM
Sounds like a great plan! I would love to stay at all those places... Oh there is DVC in my future at some point!!

Tell me more about the tickets throught the Florida Cancer Center. Sounds like it might be a good option for my October trip where I just need 1 one-day ticket.

Thanks!!

linanglab
03-17-2008, 03:25 PM
Pamela, that sounds like SOOO much fun! You are going to have a blast! Take lots of pictures!

pbhall13
03-25-2008, 08:20 AM
the final countdown is on!!!!!!!! I have the water from staples ordered and to be delivered on thursday (nice that the front desk will hold it until we arrive on Friday)......park tickets arrived in mail for sister, I have our magical express tags.......now I am waiting with crossed fingers, legs, arms that my cashout from SR arrives by Friday! I am pretty sure it will....hey an extra $75 would be great......I still may try to add another dinner for the night that my sister leaves and it is only the girls and I.....we are not sure what we want to do.......

I am running out to the store once dd5 goes to preschool and picking up last minute things (rain ponchos, socks, a few toiletries) and then I think I am pretty good to go!!!

I feel almost too relaxed this time.........usually I am running around like a nut, but this time I am relatively calm....maybe that will hit me tomorrow....not that I want to be a nut, but you know how the excitement builds as we get closer to any trip!

Okay.....thanks for letting me put out my thoughts!

Pamela

linanglab
03-25-2008, 08:32 AM
Oh Pamela! that is so exciting! I LOVE the final countdown days! VERY fun!

Magical JenK
03-25-2008, 09:50 AM
Fun, fun, fun!! How very exciting!! Can't wait to see photos & hear how it went!!

luvdisney00
03-25-2008, 04:34 PM
How fun!!! I love the final countdown and getting all of the last minute things together. Have a wonderful time, and have that drink (or 2) by the pool. You deserve it, as a matter of fact pay for it with SR $$ and think of all of us toasting with you. :sunshine2:

pbhall13
03-25-2008, 07:07 PM
How fun!!! I love the final countdown and getting all of the last minute things together. Have a wonderful time, and have that drink (or 2) by the pool. You deserve it, as a matter of fact pay for it with SR $$ and think of all of us toasting with you. :sunshine2:

I will gladly do that, but I am still waiting for my Giftcards........I am hoping and praying they arrive by Friday!!! I tried to make sure that I cashed out with enough time (at least 3 weeks) so I am hoping that they are just in mailing limbo!......that extra was going towards our meal plan, so it would be nice if I don't have to pay out of pocket.....keeping my fingers crossed......
But I will still be having a drink or 2 by the pool regardless!!!!

pbhall13
03-27-2008, 09:37 PM
In 24 hours I will be landing in Orlando!!!! BUT before that I unfortunately have to have an emergency root canal in the morning........can you believe it...I guess better to know now instead of being in total pain while on vacation.......honest to goodness.......I can't cut a break when I go on vacation....and I thought I would be worrying about my girls being sick and it is me who has the problem!!!

Okay whining over........now to finish the last minute stuff and I will be on my way........can't wait to report back to you all!!!!!!!

Pamela

linanglab
03-27-2008, 09:56 PM
Just wanted to say have fun and behave! Take lots of pictures!

askomsky
03-28-2008, 04:17 PM
Hey Pam! if your checking in before you leave, I was wondering if you could do me a favor??

DH just informed me that DS's penny book from Disney is now full bc everywhere we find a penny pincher machine they do all the pictures they can.

Can you pick one up for me while your down there?? I'll pay you for it plus shipping etc. If not no biggy I'll hit someone else up before they leave! :)

thanks!
April

PS I sure hope the dentist went well, or as well as a root canal can be expected... (I know their not fun!) AND that you checked the mail and found some sunshine!

pbhall13
03-28-2008, 04:21 PM
Hey Pam! if your checking in before you leave, I was wondering if you could do me a favor??

DH just informed me that DS's penny book from Disney is now full bc everywhere we find a penny pincher machine they do all the pictures they can.

Can you pick one up for me while your down there?? I'll pay you for it plus shipping etc. If not no biggy I'll hit someone else up before they leave! :)

thanks!
April

PS I sure hope the dentist went well, or as well as a root canal can be expected... (I know their not fun!) AND that you checked the mail and found some sunshine!

April........you mean the penny press book right, it is 3 fold or something like that? I will put it on my list, so hopefully the medicine won't make me forget.....I let you know when I get back if I picked it up....it is not a problem just have to remind myself!

I am off right now as we speak...just was closing down the computer......talk to you next week!!

Pamela

askomsky
03-28-2008, 05:10 PM
April........you mean the penny press book right, it is 3 fold or something like that? I will put it on my list, so hopefully the medicine won't make me forget.....I let you know when I get back if I picked it up....it is not a problem just have to remind myself!

I am off right now as we speak...just was closing down the computer......talk to you next week!!

Pamela

Yup! That's the one! I know your gone now, but have a great time and a safe trip!!!!

April

Pooh's Pal
03-28-2008, 08:53 PM
hope you have a blast Pam!