PDA

View Full Version : Using a WDW merchandise card?

Shadey55
01-31-2008, 01:57 PM
Hi everyone - since you all were helpful as far as the disney trip planning info, I thought I'd ask another question. I bought a "disney merchandise gift card" off of ebay (I know, I know, I won't do it again).

Anyway, I purchased this thinking I could use it for tickets. The thing is, it is like a normal gift card, but says "WDW Merchandise Card." It says on the back it can be used to puchase merchandise at WDW or at a flagship store in NYC. I tried calling the 800 number on the back of the card to find out what "merchandise" actually is...is it a soda, a park hopper, a t-shirt?? The customer service people didn't seem to even know what I am talking about. I did however verify that there is $260 on the card that will not expire.

Does anyone know what this type of card is and what it can be used for?

m 'n c
01-31-2008, 05:21 PM
do you still have the ebay listing with the card's picture? Maybe someone would know by looking at it? I am clueless as to what a merchandise card is.

bartleby1
01-31-2008, 05:51 PM
I vaguely remember there being two different kinds of gift cards a while back. One you could only use in the disney store and one you could use in the parks? I can't remember all of the details on them though. Could this possibly be one of the old gift cards?

Shadey55
01-31-2008, 09:25 PM
Sorry, I can't find the listing on ebay any longer. Basically it is a red card with a white outline of the mouse ears...and it says "Walt Disney World Merchandise Credit." The back mentions "You may use this card only at participating WDW Resort owned and operated merchandise locations, including the World of Disney New York Store." I guess I really just need a list of "participating WDW merchandise locations?"

Kycha
01-31-2008, 10:43 PM
Well, it sounds like it isn't a gift card at all. I found this after doing a google search:

http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showthread.php?t=163056

It appears that the Merchandise Credit is for merchandise that was purchased and then returned without a receipt. So, my guess would be you can only use it to purchase merchandise at a resort merchandise location or maybe World of Disney at DTD. You probably are not going to be able to use it for food or drinks in the parks or resorts. HTH.

Shadey55
02-01-2008, 01:04 PM
I wonder if I'll be able to use it for tickets? What is WDW merchandising? Is it a place I could call? Maybe they would know?

m 'n c
02-01-2008, 01:55 PM
I think this will help from the link Kycha provided:

I just found a Disney receipt from my January trip, and on the back is the return policy. With regard to your situation it reads: If no original receipt is presented when the item is returned, you may make an exchange for item(s) of equal or less value at the then-current price or you may elect to receive a WDW Merchandise Credit for the then-current price of the item. The WDW Merchandise Credit may only be used at participating WDW Resort owned and operated Merchandise locations and is non-refundable and not redeemable for cash, gift cards, Disney Dollars, or theme park admission tickets.

Hope this helps...good luck.

Shadey55
02-04-2008, 09:25 PM
Thanks everyone for your help! I've decided that I'll use this card for Christmas shopping. Hope everyone wants something from Disney! :santa: