PDA

View Full Version : How do you spend your Sunshine Money?

The Cheshire Cat
05-02-2007, 05:36 PM
So how do you guys spend your reward money?

Do you save it or cash out right away?

I try to save up for about $100 before I cashout!

I only cashout for disney gc or dollars and save for our yearly trip! I've paid for our dinner at CRT and yesterday I purchased our P & P party tickets which was way exciting! Usually I would have to put it on the charge card and wait for the bill to come in but NOT this time! I got to use my "Sunshine" reward money! It was so nice just knowing that it was paid for!

I love that the gc do not expire either!

I started last September saving my reward money for this years trip!

Alice28
05-02-2007, 05:44 PM
Let's see, I think I have cashed out at least $500 on SR. Most of that being Disney money,but a few Target cards as well.

For our DL trip last summer, SR money paid for about 4 counter service meals- I didn't run out of 'free' food money til our 3rd day and it was AWESOME.

For our WDW trip in March, SR paid for:
$30 worth of Basin goodies at GF
$40 at World of Disney
$70 dinner at 9 Dragons
$29 sombreros in Epcot
$35 lunch at Tusker House
$35 lunch at Alfredos
$35 lunch at Cosmic Rays
$20 worth of goodies at Mouse Gears
$15 in alcoholic drinks in Epcot
$60 in WL gift shop
$8 breakfast at WL

I charged ONE thing at WDW last time; dinner at Earl of Sandwich. We were on the dining plan the first half of the trip, had prepaid for Hoop Dee Doo, had RFCgift cards for another meal, and Dad paid for our final meal together. SR paid for all the rest of our meals! And almost all our souvenirs- we brought a few hundred in cash to cover other souvenirs and some misc. stuff. It was AWESOME. I always plan on having at LEAST $500 in SR money for my Disney trips-it helps SO MUCH with the budget! THANKS TRICIA!

disneynut
05-02-2007, 05:47 PM
Disney money. :party:
I cashed in some gift cards and disney dollar which I give the kids for b-days and the dollars came from the Easter bunny. :)
Love it here

wilsonfamily4
05-02-2007, 05:53 PM
Right now I am saving for Christmas. I went over board last year and my hubby was a little annoyed;) . This year I told him I would use all my own money and he kind of laughed. He doesn't understand the money to be made. :) So I want to show him. hehehe I will start saving for Disney as soon as Christma is over!!! I will probably still do paypal cashout for most of it, along with the DGC and DD. And a gas card to pay for the drive to the airport and back.

sunshinecindy
05-02-2007, 07:18 PM
The gift cards you get on here are wonderful for gifts for Christmas too, so don't forget that. Makes shopping easy to.

wilsonfamily4
05-02-2007, 07:26 PM
The gift cards you get on here are wonderful for gifts for Christmas too, so don't forget that. Makes shopping easy to.

When it gets closer and I know what they want for Christmas I am going to do gift cards for presents. I also want to do some smaller ones for stocking presents. Those I may have to get somewhere else. Right now I am just collecting money for the gifts that can't be gift cards. :)

SunshineGirl
05-02-2007, 08:14 PM
When it gets closer and I know what they want for Christmas I am going to do gift cards for presents. I also want to do some smaller ones for stocking presents. Those I may have to get somewhere else. Right now I am just collecting money for the gifts that can't be gift cards. :)

Don't forget about the giftcertificates.com ones or givefun.com for the small ones. You can get a big one worth $50 and then cash out there for 10 $5 cards. I used a big giftcertificates.com one last year to get $10 Borders to give out to teachers' aides at school.

sumrmist
05-02-2007, 08:16 PM
Im letting my rewards build and will cash them out at the first of next year for Disney GC's for the kids before our trip. If I have anything left after giving each kid 50 dollars worth then it will be all mine at Disney as well.

MyGoofy26
05-02-2007, 08:24 PM
Just cashed out $125 for my Disneyland trip for the Pirate premiere in a few weeks. Should pay for a few piratey souvenirs!

docsmom
05-02-2007, 08:53 PM
I'm relatively new to SR, but have already cashed out for a $50 Disney gift card and a $50 Darden Restaurant gift card which we will use on our road trip from Atlanta to WDW! We don't go until September, so will just let the balance build up and get the rest in disney gift cards before we go. Thanks Tricia!

~Kathie
05-02-2007, 10:04 PM
So far I have only cashed out for Disney Dollars.......but lots ot them!!! :rotfl:

wilsonfamily4
05-02-2007, 10:20 PM
So far I have only cashed out for Disney Dollars.......but lots ot them!!! :rotfl:

What Fun!!!!

Magical JenK
05-02-2007, 10:33 PM
Guilty of the Disney theme as well!! That's why I started, why stop a good thing!? As far as when to cash out...I try to cash out when there is a good discount. If there isn't I guess I would cash out at $50 just to have it in my greedy hands!!

I just started rewards in January & everything I've cashed out for so far I've applied directly to my package balance for our trip in September. After that's paid off, I'll use the rewards for souvieners, some meals (we're on the free dining plan) & maybe a massage or something?? :love:

Have fun earning everyone!!

3dog2kidmom
05-02-2007, 10:59 PM
Between SR, Disney Visa rewards, and a few webbies (turned into Disney gift cards through SR!), on our 8-day January trip my final bill at the end of our park stay (and we were NOT on the DDP) was about $17, and my shipboard account balance after applying rewards and gift cards was $11.

Less than $30 charged to my credit card after a very nice Disney Land & Sea vacation... and we stayed at the Poly!!

speechteachri
05-02-2007, 11:07 PM
I used to cash out for various giftcards when I first started. Now I have come to the realization that I may only get to Disney again through the help of Rewards...so I get Disney giftcards.

speechteachri
05-02-2007, 11:08 PM
Between SR, Disney Visa rewards, and a few webbies from M******* (turned into Disney gift cards through SR!), on our 8-day January trip my final bill at the end of our park stay (and we were NOT on the DDP) was about $17, and my shipboard account balance after applying rewards and gift cards was $11.

Less than $30 charged to my credit card after a very nice Disney Land & Sea vacation... and we stayed at the Poly!!

I wish M******* still did webbies. Bummer!

That's why I love SR so much...I can go for the Disney giftcards!

edited to say...Sorry Tricia, was I supposed to discuss another reward site????

I'll be good from now on, promise!

speechteachri
05-02-2007, 11:10 PM
I'm up to 20 posts, and after this one I'll be up to 21!!

:party:

(Boy I need sleep)

sunmagic
05-02-2007, 11:47 PM
I used to save all mine to pay for my Disney trips.

But *sob* we're not going back for at least a year. :(

So now I'm going to cash out for either Paypal or giftcertificates and use it to pay for our hotel at another destination.

Joni
05-03-2007, 08:33 AM
I've only cashed out for Disney gift cards - love saving for our trips!!

SunshineGirl
05-03-2007, 08:37 AM
I wish M******* still did webbies. Bummer!

That's why I love SR so much...I can go for the Disney giftcards!

edited to say...Sorry Tricia, was I supposed to discuss another reward site????

I'll be good from now on, promise!

LOL! I think that M******* is pretty much something that everyone has heard about anyway. If I'm a Mom and Pop store, they are Macy's. :rotfl:

I actually looked into the webbies at one point but they never responded to me. It may be because they were on the way "out" anyway. But as we get bigger, I am definitely getting the attention of more companies wanting to partner with us. So our rates on offers and cashback on shopping continue to go up. As well as the different kinds of cashout offers that we can do.

wilsonfamily4
05-03-2007, 10:14 AM
LOL! I think that M******* is pretty much something that everyone has heard about anyway. If I'm a Mom and Pop store, they are Macy's. :rotfl:

I actually looked into the webbies at one point but they never responded to me. It may be because they were on the way "out" anyway. But as we get bigger, I am definitely getting the attention of more companies wanting to partner with us. So our rates on offers and cashback on shopping continue to go up. As well as the different kinds of cashout offers that we can do.

GOOD FOR YOU!!!
Must feel good to get some recognition.

andrea2289
05-03-2007, 11:34 AM
I used to get stressed thinking of saving for our annual vaction and Christmas but now I am excited to se how much I can earn :clap:

I am from FL originally and lived about an hour from Disney so my family goes through withdraws if we don't go! I have thought a lot obout the DVC but just haven't bitten the bullet yet!

TXMouseChaser
05-03-2007, 02:25 PM
I used my Amazon gift card to get the last piece of my luggage I need for my trip and have gotten Disney Dollars to use as spending money.

Now I am going to save up for Disney Dollars (for my Sept trip) and gift cards to be used to buy Christmas presents!

I have only been a member for a few months and I already love it here!
:party:

saffymom
05-04-2007, 07:07 AM
I used my reward money to pay for all our table service meals on our Feb. trip to WDW. My goal now is to pay for hotel and meals. If figure if I'm paying maybe I can convince DH to stay at the Poly!:cooldance:

3dog2kidmom
05-04-2007, 07:45 AM
I used my reward money to pay for all our table service meals on our Feb. trip to WDW. My goal now is to pay for hotel and meals. If figure if I'm paying maybe I can convince DH to stay at the Poly!:cooldance:

That's my kind of thinking!! When I figured out what I could feasibly expect to earn in rewards (not to mention extra money with ebay and my home-based business), DH insisted that we budget for a verandah cabin and now he's thinking the couples spa villas are a good idea!! I don't see me stopping my "rewarding" anytime soon :rotfl:

luvdisney00
05-04-2007, 09:20 AM
I'm with you guys, only Disney GC so far. I'm saving for my July trip and so far since joining in Feb., I have earned $320.00. I am planning on surprising my 4 year old daughter with a trip to BBB and then dinner at CRT on SR! Thanks so much Tricia, I've never had so much fun earning money before!:)

Mandi
05-04-2007, 10:42 AM
I'm new(ish) to SR and have only done one cashout for $30 worth of DD. We leave in 2 days for DLR and those DD go for extra spending money for my oldest daughter. :) I'm already over $30 again and plan on saving up this time for our Dec. trip. I'll definitely be cashing out for Disney again.. probably giftcards next time. :)

Hedy
05-05-2007, 04:24 PM
Wilderness Lodge upgrade, followed by MVMCP or CP, and possibly Artist Point dinner for Mom. :)

lilianddomsmom
05-05-2007, 06:26 PM
i'm saving mine up for disney dollars for my 2 kids for our december trip to wdw. i especially think that my dd will love them.:love:

kxmeeh
05-05-2007, 07:37 PM
WE are going to our first trip to WDW in December. I figured when I started sunshine, I would have enough to pay for any meals we have booked beyond what is included with the dining plan. The money really does add up. I must admit, I don't do any of the offers. Strictly surveys and some shopping every once in a while. But I have earned 60.00 for the meals that were needed, and already have 15.00 towards bibbidy boppity boutique. The girls are also earning their own money towards BBB too though. straight a's on report cards equals 20.00 disney dollars. I was able to get the gift cards with the % back last time...I really miss that deal. they each have 60.00 towards their own packageswith 3 report cards to go before we leave. I told them 6 report cards straight a's and i will take care of the rest of the deluxe package. Boy, are they studying hard :love: