PDA

View Full Version : buy.com opinions??

jl8595
06-04-2007, 11:45 AM
My DH is about to purchase a new digital SLR camera. The camera store he's dealt with in the past and prefers to order from again is available through buy.com...which works out great for me since it offers 2% back through SR!! :angel:

Before he goes plunking down a big order in the next couple of weeks, I was hoping to see if folks here have had good/bad experiences getting credited, etc from buy.com. I've never ordered through their site, but I did see that SR members have rated them 3.9 out of 5 - is that good??

Thanks for any opinions...good or bad...that you'd be willing to share.

Lori :)

lenzs4
06-04-2007, 12:01 PM
We bought from them a few years ago - before I used rewards programs and got the camera in great condition, fast.... I would use them again - just do not know how it credits!

SunshineGirl
06-04-2007, 12:04 PM
I actually made 3 or 4 purchases through them at Christmas and got credit for all of them. Their affiliate manager is REALLY nice. And they just put out a new 5% off coupon that I haven't listed yet that you can use an unlimited number of times.

jl8595
06-04-2007, 12:39 PM
Thanks for your feedback!!

A 5% off coupon on top of 2% back?! :heart: That's terrific!! You'll be my new best friend Tricia!! :rotfl:

SunshineGirl
06-04-2007, 12:41 PM
A 5% off coupon on top of 2% back?! :heart: That's terrific!! You'll be my new best friend Tricia!! :rotfl:

Yea!! I could use more friends :)

SunshineGirl
06-04-2007, 12:44 PM
ACK!! I just saw that the coupon expires today! Anyone interested in buy.com should get this one fast:

Get 5% off all purchases at Buy.com! All Customer Coupon. Can be used unlimited times. Expires 6/4/07. (only excludes game hardware)

http://www.sunshinerewards.com/leads_sales.php?aid=23

speechteachri
06-04-2007, 01:39 PM
We ordered a couple of flash drives from them last October or so. I submitted a trouble ticket on it, but it is one of the things I never got credit for.

I should say though that I wasn't really knowledgable about how the whole system worked when I shopped through them, so I can't remember if I even submitted all the info needed for the trouble ticket at the time. I should research it.

Worth it to give it a shot, I'd say!

Chelley00
06-04-2007, 03:09 PM
We bought our camera, and placed 2 orders for MP3 players through them. Everything came fast and credited within a few days

Mandi
06-04-2007, 03:11 PM
I've never ordered from buy.com through SR, but I have ordered from them before. I've had a very positive experience with them everytime I've purchased. :)

jl8595
06-04-2007, 04:19 PM
Thanks again everyone for sharing your experiences. At this point, it can't hurt to try. And maybe they'll offer up another 5% off coupon in the coming weeks...:)