PDA

View Full Version : Service Techs for Satillite Co.

annieollendorf
02-01-2008, 09:27 AM
What is up with them? I have a bigggg, gripe! Anyway, here's the deal.....

We wanted to downgrade our satillite system when we had trouble with our DVR. That's not why we downgraded, we wanted to remove the HDtv reciever and eventually go with high speed internet. So Eric called the dish providers and explained everything and scheduled an appointment for the troubleshooter and removal of HDTV reciever, apparently you can't do this at the same time:confused: not really a big deal.

So a troubleshooter was sent out for the DVR problem and said our reciever went bad, no problem under warrenty. He ordered our reciever and also said our dish needed to be upgraded and said we had to call and arrange a time for them to do this, again not a problem.... He told me we had to rearrange the HDTV reciever removal and have the dish replacement scheduled all at the same time, because of the way their work order system was, one work order could cancel out another work order...

Well, I called Eric and explained what needed to be done, reciever replaced and dish replacement. Eric flat out told me that he already scheduled the HD reciever removal and whatnots prior to the troubleshooter arrival and was not going to call again to reschedule. I think this is where Eric made the mistake, of course men don't make mistakes:rolleyes:

Fast forward to the supposed arrival of the tech for the original HD reciever removal, who never shows. Imagine that!! So actually what the troubleshooter said about work orders cancelling out is true. Well, I told Eric this he understood and wanted to be stubborn. Come Monday morning, he finally called to reschedule everything, HUH!!!

Now fast forward to the day the installation techs arrival. His work order only said to install a reciever, not reinstall our system. Well, Eric was home when the guy arrived and explained everything that he wanted, thank god because I didn't want to do that. You should have seen the look on the techs face. I thought the guy was going to cry when he understood everything, really!!!

The tech called his company trying to get everything straightened out, but was really complaining to the company that he wasn't getting paid enough for this job.

Really the job wasn't that bad, just a little confusing at first. The guy continued to pitch a fit, flat out told Eric that he didn't want to do it and wasn't getting paid enough...yada.....yada...yada.....

OMG... he actually had to work...heaven forbid that he actually runs into something that actually required something other than the norm. Guys, Eric is a Lineman for the power company....this tech really has no idea how easy he has it when compared to Eric's job. Granted things can get crazy, but not as dangerous and bad as a lineman's job...

The tech recieved a couple of phone calls, I guess from his peers and he said he was stuck in a bad situation..... Jeez, eventually he told me he only had 3 orders for the day.

Well, that's the gist of the whole ordeal, but wait there is just a little more..

We have 4 dogs that we don't tie up, don't believe in it. All are good except for one, he will chase a vehicle that leaves our yard. Believe me, we have tried to break him of this, he will not tie up for any amounts of time, he will just go crazy. I didn't have time to stand there and hold him because I was rushed to pick up the kids from school and most people are cautious when leaving with dogs chasing them.

So, I was exiting my house when I noticed a truck stopped in the road and the Tech turning his truck around and heading back. He ran over our dog, now I can't completly blame him because the dog does chase cars it was bound to happen. There really wasn't anything we could do for the dog, he is still alive with some injuries, you can't pick him up or mess with him, he won't let you.

Can you believe all this!!! Are ya'll confused yet??

Just a little more, after coming home later that evening, I get on the internet to try for a survey.

Guess what it was about......Our satillite service provider....boy did I let them have it!!

And yess we did call our dish provider and complain about everything...

I left some stuff out, but guess just had to vent....

Why don't dish providers do customer service training for their techs? They hire these young guys that really just don't want to work and don't care. Most just don't have any character what so ever....

Unbelievable.....

Thanks for reading such a long vent

April