PDA

View Full Version : Dsney sooner than expected help save

JOLAROCHE
02-02-2008, 11:51 AM
Ok we are going to Disney August 9th instead of December. I am taking my ds and his dfriend. They are going to be 15 ds has been 5 times Dfriend has never been and we are all so excited about taking someone new. We are going to stay at the AKL and I bought the 2 meals a day plan. Can you think of any ways to save money besides my favorite SR place. Or any suggestions at all. I have never stayed at the AKL. I love all your suggestions that I read on the boards so please help me.

Thanks in advance

LuvMyBoys
02-02-2008, 11:54 AM
Ok we are going to Disney August 9th instead of December. I am taking my ds and his dfriend. They are going to be 15 ds has been 5 times Dfriend has never been and we are all so excited about taking someone new. We are going to stay at the AKL and I bought the 2 meals a day plan. Can you think of any ways to save money besides my favorite SR place. Or any suggestions at all. I have never stayed at the AKL. I love all your suggestions that I read on the boards so please help me.

Thanks in advance

Did you get a discount on the room? I know that some August dates have some kind of discount available. I got a 20% off email from Disney for dates in August, apparently it was triggered by me logging into their site and putting in a vacation to price it out.

That's very cool that you guys are taking a first-timer! That should make the trip more fun! :)

wilsonfamily4
02-02-2008, 02:55 PM
This idea is not for everyone but we have gone to the envelope system about 5-6 months ago. We love it because I spend less (no more snack cravings grabbing me) at a grocery store if I carry cash in and not just use the debit card. Anyway it also generates a lot of change. We have been putting our changes into jars and when Disney time comes we will cash it in. I know we have a good amount in there all ready and we have a year left to save more.

JOLAROCHE
02-02-2008, 03:17 PM
I got a 40% off coupon email for the room. We also save all our change. But thank you for the ideas they are all great to hear:mickey: :minnie:

Magical JenK
02-02-2008, 04:16 PM
The Disney visa rewards add up fast! I use mine & pay it off every month...that 1% adds up!!

3dog2kidmom
02-02-2008, 04:32 PM
Go through your house and ebay or Craigs list anything that isn't nailed down!

Give up something and put the $ you would have spent on it in your Mickey Jar.

Do you work outside the home and buy lunch? Switch to bringing your own and put the savings in your Mickey Jar.

Does it snow a lot where you live? Send your kids out to shovel for neighbors and put the earnings in your Mickey Jar. My 10/yo has done 3 so far this week.

Just a few suggestions...

LuvMyBoys
02-02-2008, 05:55 PM
I got a 40% off coupon email for the room. We also save all our change. But thank you for the ideas they are all great to hear:mickey: :minnie:

You lucky duck!!! :cooldance: We also do the change jar, that really adds up over a few months. We also use our bottle return money to add to the jar (we have 10cent deposit in MI so that adds up).

Does your son get allowance? Maybe you could start paying him in Disney dollars for odd jobs/allowance, etc so he has his own souvenir money (if you think that he would not think that was too dorky :) ).

JOLAROCHE
02-02-2008, 06:56 PM
My son loves disney dollars. He gets them for a good report card and he got some for Christmas.

JOLAROCHE
02-02-2008, 06:58 PM
Did you see the offer for every dollar you spend over 900.00 for Jan, Feb and March you get 5 X that amount. I have been debating whether to pay off my Disney package and with air fare I figure should be over $100.00 disney rewards.

Magical JenK
02-03-2008, 01:12 AM
Did you see the offer for every dollar you spend over 900.00 for Jan, Feb and March you get 5 X that amount. I have been debating whether to pay off my Disney package and with air fare I figure should be over $100.00 disney rewards.

I did not get that offer....I wish I did though!!

JOLAROCHE
02-03-2008, 12:28 PM
That offer came in the mail on a post card. It could have been easily thrown away. Why not call and see if you can get it.. I think I would call the disney rewards place

Weluvdisny
02-03-2008, 01:54 PM
We got the offer on my DH's card that we never use so it says that ANY time (no dollar amount posted) we use it we get 5xs the reward dollars. I just hope all those gas stations and grocery stores we go to don't fall into the "other" category.