PDA

View Full Version : What do you think?!

zoodoyle
02-02-2008, 01:20 PM
We are going mid-August, so it's almost time to make our ADR's. I've been trying to do some research and decide on which places to choose. I'd love to hear people's thoughts about a couple places - choosing between Garden Grill and Coral Reef, and also between Hollywood & Vine and Mama Melrose's. Anybody have any thoughts about any of these places? We've been to both GG and CR, but I can't decide which one to go back to, and we haven't been to either of the others...... :sunshine:

Magical JenK
02-02-2008, 04:33 PM
Oooh how exciting! I love planning out ADRs! I've never been to Garden Grill, so I can't speak to that at all. But I have heard its' really good food. I'd like to try it sometime!

I have been to Coral Reef & I really enjoyed it. The atmposhere & the food I really thought were great! I could have watched the tank all night long!

We haven't been to Hollywood & Vine since it switched to the characters. We were not impressed at all w/the food when we were there, but perhaps they've changed it since we've been. I know some people really like it!!

We really like Momma's & missed it this past year. But some people don't like it at all. So I guess it's all personal preference!! I'm sure wherever you decide you'll really enjoy!! Afterall it's Disney!!! :0)

Have fun planning!!

3dog2kidmom
02-02-2008, 04:38 PM
Just back, and we ate at Coral Reef and Mama Melrose. Hands down, Coral Reef has better food than Garden Grill (we ate there in '05). At CR, DH and I had the lobster soup and salad which was amazing, and the creme brulee there was to die for. We had a table right next to the aquarium and it was a really great experience. To tell the truth, I really didn't like GG that much.

This was my second time to Mama Melrose and it was great both times. DH and I shared the chicken parm, and we also had 2 flatbreads. For appies we had calamari, breads & spreads, and the tomato mozzarella stack. I think dessert was gelato. I've never been to H&V but it doesn't really appeal to me since buffets are not my favorite places.

Good luck... I love making ADRs!!!