PDA

View Full Version : What Sore Losers

sunshinecindy
02-04-2008, 09:49 PM
One day after a shocking loss to the New York Giants in Super Bowl XLII, Patriots quarterback Tom Brady and wide receiver Randy Moss have announced they will not play in the Pro Bowl game in Honolulu on Feb. 10.

I am quite sure they'll have some type of excuse like an injury.

mjjmbnmm
02-04-2008, 09:54 PM
I was thinking the same thing, neither looked like they have any kind of injury, except their pride, but then again there's alot of players who have dropped out, I don't know why they even bother with the pro bowl anymore, everyone wants to be elected, but noone ever wants to play in it. If they don't want the free trip to Hawii, I'll take it.

chipndale
02-04-2008, 10:02 PM
I will take the free trip to Hawaii if they don't want to go. They sure didn't look injured to me at the end of the game. Maybe an injury to his ego. :rotfl: He sure didn't have a problem throwning that 50 yard pass.

askomsky
02-04-2008, 10:03 PM
How sad, bc they looked pretty "heathly" to me in the last 30+ seconds of the game last night. I agree everyone wants to be elected but no one wants to play. Whatever happened to committment????

wdwabby
02-04-2008, 10:08 PM
well, I guess they learned it from their coach who couldn't be bothered to remain on the field for the end of the game.

The Pats made such a huge deal during the season about how much integrity they had and how humble and classy they were. Well, it's easy to be all those things when you're winning .... the truth shows when you're faced with adversity. It's really too bad.

LuvMyBoys
02-05-2008, 10:08 AM
Can I just say how NOT surprised I am by this? :rotfl:

If there is one player that I CANNOT stand it is Tom Brady. Couldn't stand him at ALL when he was at U of M. Arrogant, snotty little crybaby.

Sorry vent over! :angel:

nicholfamily5
02-05-2008, 11:03 PM
While I agree that it looks really poor on their part, I am pretty sure that TB has backed out of all but one ProBowl. I don't think it has everything to do with the loss, though it admittadly looks poor.

From what I have been reading they both pulled out due to ankle injuries. Seeing how Brady spent the week prior in a boot, it seems fairly plausible to me that he would prefer not play in a game that means nothing.

And personally I don't think he is an arrogant sore loser. That game sucked eggs for all Pats fans, but Brady has always been the first to admit his own faults before his team mates. Fact is, our team just didn't play well the other night, period. I think so many people thought this game was in the bag, that we are now considered to be sore losers because we were so stunned at losing the game the way we did.

I am in no way condoning coach B's actions. I think he is acting like a big baby.

Fact is, the Pat's still played an incredible season, one that I am not likely to forget. Fans in NE are definately a force to be reckoned with, but that 's part of the reason why so many players want to play here. Agreed, things can be taken too far, but that happens everywhere, whether you are a steelers fan, colt's fan, or I don't know...bears fan.

Anyway.
30 seconds after that game ended I was moving on and looking forward to Spring Training. That's when the fun REALLY begins.

nicholfamily5
02-05-2008, 11:15 PM
Not to be a pain, but......

List of Players Backing out of ProBowl

Brett Favre, Green Bay
Walter Jones, Seattle
Patrick Kerney, Seattle
Tommie Harris, Chicago
Lance Briggs, Chicago
Tom Brady, New England
LaDainian Tomlinson, San Diego
Willie Parker, Pittsburgh
Randy Moss, New England
Antonio Gates, San Diego
Jonathan Ogden, Baltimore
Jason Peters, Buffalo
Jason Taylor, Miami
Jamal Williams, San Diego
Bob Sanders, Indianapolis
Troy Polamalu, Pittsburgh

And we still have some of the best players in the league still attending:
Asante Samuel
Mike Vrabel
Vince Wilfork
Dan Koppen
Logan Mankins
Matt Light (one of my favorites...such a big teddy bear)

If they are such sore losers wouldn't all or most drop out?

sunshinecindy
02-06-2008, 07:13 AM
Not to be a pain, but......

List of Players Backing out of ProBowl

Brett Favre, Green Bay
Walter Jones, Seattle
Patrick Kerney, Seattle
Tommie Harris, Chicago
Lance Briggs, Chicago
Tom Brady, New England
LaDainian Tomlinson, San Diego
Willie Parker, Pittsburgh
Randy Moss, New England
Antonio Gates, San Diego
Jonathan Ogden, Baltimore
Jason Peters, Buffalo
Jason Taylor, Miami
Jamal Williams, San Diego
Bob Sanders, Indianapolis
Troy Polamalu, Pittsburgh

And we still have some of the best players in the league still attending:
Asante Samuel
Mike Vrabel
Vince Wilfork
Dan Koppen
Logan Mankins
Matt Light (one of my favorites...such a big teddy bear)

If they are such sore losers wouldn't all or most drop out?

While I don't think the entire team are sore losers, I often see the big mouths are, and for Tom Brady to go to a news conference and literally laugh in Plaxico Burress face, which is what he did when Plax (who I don't like) said they would win and the score would be low, thats bold boasting and arrogant. Hes not as good as he thinks. When his line isnt' there to protect him, he can't do it, and it showed in the SB. Hes not mobile and hes not quick thinking. Hes just not as good as he thinks he is. And his morals suck. Besides that, the team as a whole is awesome, but I hate when one or two team members ruin the name (and a cheating coach) for the rest. When the Steelers got their new coach, before practice even began, he cut Joey Porter. It sort of irritated me at first, but I understood. He was the team big mouth, and the new coach was having none of that, no matter how good a player he is. Course, this is just my opinon as a Steelers fan looking at another team. A lot of those you mentioned that dropped out of the Pro Bowl are/were already on the injured list, some were even out for the year. I think they name the players to quick, personally, because the last few games are usually the most brutal and a lot more injuries. But hey, they don't ask what I think, so it doesn't matter.

Love the draft, Love training camp. Wish I could go to both. I have been to training camp several times in the past and its a blast. Unfortunately, too far away for that now, and have no desire to see the Bucs training camp. Though, I wouldn't mind seeing their coach up close and personal. LOL

LuvMyBoys
02-06-2008, 09:25 AM
While I agree that it looks really poor on their part, I am pretty sure that TB has backed out of all but one ProBowl. I don't think it has everything to do with the loss, though it admittadly looks poor.

From what I have been reading they both pulled out due to ankle injuries. Seeing how Brady spent the week prior in a boot, it seems fairly plausible to me that he would prefer not play in a game that means nothing.

And personally I don't think he is an arrogant sore loser. That game sucked eggs for all Pats fans, but Brady has always been the first to admit his own faults before his team mates. Fact is, our team just didn't play well the other night, period. I think so many people thought this game was in the bag, that we are now considered to be sore losers because we were so stunned at losing the game the way we did.

I am in no way condoning coach B's actions. I think he is acting like a big baby.

Fact is, the Pat's still played an incredible season, one that I am not likely to forget. Fans in NE are definately a force to be reckoned with, but that 's part of the reason why so many players want to play here. Agreed, things can be taken too far, but that happens everywhere, whether you are a steelers fan, colt's fan, or I don't know...bears fan.

Anyway.
30 seconds after that game ended I was moving on and looking forward to Spring Training. That's when the fun REALLY begins.

I wasn't trying to rip on the Pats....just Tom Brady. I really hated him at U of M and that never lifted, it won't....I just can't stand the guy.:)

The guy could win 10 Super Bowls and be MVP every time and he would still be a crybaby loser in my book, kwim??? I'm sure everyone has some player/politician/celebrity that they feel that way about.

So my dislike of him and my comments are irrational. I know that, but boy do I love to see him fall flat on his face! :angel:

SunshineGirl
02-06-2008, 09:33 AM
I have to defend my beloved Steelers...Willie Parker missed the playoffs with his injury and Troy Polamalu is having surgery. :p

That said...as much as I didn't want to see the Pats win because I don't want anyone to break the Steelers SB records.... Brady is hot. I sat and watched his interview with Terry Bradshaw on mute because I didn't care what he had to say but just wanted to watch him talk. :rotfl:

(am I terrible????)

LuvMyBoys
02-06-2008, 09:40 AM
I have to defend my beloved Steelers...Willie Parker missed the playoffs with his injury and Troy Polamalu is having surgery. :p

That said...as much as I didn't want to see the Pats win because I don't want anyone to break the Steelers SB records.... Brady is hot. I sat and watched his interview with Terry Bradshaw on mute because I didn't care what he had to say but just wanted to watch him talk. :rotfl:

(am I terrible????)

Wow that post made me queasy, thanks a lot Tricia! :rotfl:

chipndale
02-06-2008, 10:03 AM
While I don't think the entire team are sore losers, I often see the big mouths are, and for Tom Brady to go to a news conference and literally laugh in Plaxico Burress face, which is what he did when Plax (who I don't like) said they would win and the score would be low, thats bold boasting and arrogant. Hes not as good as he thinks. When his line isnt' there to protect him, he can't do it, and it showed in the SB. Hes not mobile and hes not quick thinking. Hes just not as good as he thinks he is. And his morals suck. Besides that, the team as a whole is awesome, but I hate when one or two team members ruin the name (and a cheating coach) for the rest. When the Steelers got their new coach, before practice even began, he cut Joey Porter. It sort of irritated me at first, but I understood. He was the team big mouth, and the new coach was having none of that, no matter how good a player he is. Course, this is just my opinon as a Steelers fan looking at another team. A lot of those you mentioned that dropped out of the Pro Bowl are/were already on the injured list, some were even out for the year. I think they name the players to quick, personally, because the last few games are usually the most brutal and a lot more injuries. But hey, they don't ask what I think, so it doesn't matter.

Love the draft, Love training camp. Wish I could go to both. I have been to training camp several times in the past and its a blast. Unfortunately, too far away for that now, and have no desire to see the Bucs training camp. Though, I wouldn't mind seeing their coach up close and personal. LOL

I too was upset when Joey Porter was cut from the team. But I do agree he has a loud mouth and the Steeler organization does not put up with that kind of stuff.

Any time you want to visit in August and go to Steeler training camp, just let me know. I will have a glass of wine ready for you and a place to stay. I go to camp often. Love my Steelers!

andrea2289
02-06-2008, 10:09 AM
One day after a shocking loss to the New York Giants in Super Bowl XLII, Patriots quarterback Tom Brady and wide receiver Randy Moss have announced they will not play in the Pro Bowl game in Honolulu on Feb. 10.

I am quite sure they'll have some type of excuse like an injury.

I wish I got paid bigillions of dollars to behave this way :cry:
Big babies!

SunshineGirl
02-06-2008, 10:39 AM
Any time you want to visit in August and go to Steeler training camp, just let me know. I will have a glass of wine ready for you and a place to stay. I go to camp often. Love my Steelers!

Sunshine Tour in PA this summer? :love:

chipndale
02-06-2008, 10:59 AM
Sunshine Tour in PA this summer? :love:

Sounds like fun. Make sure you plan for some extra evening hours at a few bars the player frequent after their evening meeting.

mjjmbnmm
02-06-2008, 01:26 PM
O.k I'm going to put in my 2 cents, I don't know if they are sore losers or not, but I have a hard time believing that they are really hurt. Brady was in a walking cast a week before the palyoffs, but on the injury report for the super bowl he was on there for his shoulder not his ankle or foot. Also if it's that injuryed maybe he should stop going to night clubs with his girlfriend. As far as Moss goes, he has done nothing but cry and complain his entire carreer, I mean he's screamed at his players, throws his helmet at people, has thrown water at refs and himself admitted that he takes half the plays off, because if the call isn't for him then he doesn't care. Granted all this was back when he was with the Vikings, but I doubt he's changed that much. Lastly I feel that all players that were elected should play if they are able. O.K. that's just my point of view.:)

speechteachri
02-09-2008, 09:19 AM
OK, my $.02 for what it's worth....

I am a HUGE Pats fan, and I was sorry to see the game end the way it did after such a great season! Having said that...I am NOT a fan of Tom Brady or Randy Moss. While I do think they are great players, Brady is not a very good role model morally in his personal life, and every interview I've ever seen with Randy Moss he just seems really cocky. That said...I DO think there are players on EVERY team that fit both of these descriptions, but the fingers get pointed at the Pats team members because of their winning season. That is human nature, I guess, to down the top team.

I am, though, a fan of the team as a whole, and will continue to be regardless of the loss. I am not a fair weather fan.

Now...on to Spring training.....Go Sox!!!:cooldance:

lanny76
02-09-2008, 11:08 AM
Saw something on Yahoo sports this morning about an online petition that some Pats fans created calling for an investigation into the last 1:40 of the game, insisting that somehow there really should not have been so much time left on the clock for the Giants to score their touchdown. I looked at it and it sounds like sour grapes - I mean, so the clock was stopped after NY got a 1st down on 4th down, but that is normal after a 1st down. This petition claims that time should have been running, but I don't think so.
Anyway, it is sort of a goofy thing - but there are actually people who signed it all seriousness. Some of the later signatures are from people making fun of the petition.
So here's a few more sore losers, I guess! Not everybody takes it well when their team loses apparently. They should remember there really are more important things in life.