PDA

View Full Version : Entertainment Book

SunshineGirl
06-04-2007, 04:34 PM
If any of you do not yet have a 2007 Entertainment Book, they just started a promo where if you order the 2008 book, you get the 2007 book for free.

I'm not a big coupon person. I'll always use discounts online, but I am not a physical coupon clipper. But I bought a book since we sell them on the site. Saturday night the girls wanted Pizza Hut. I happened to see Pizza Hut on the cover of the book. I pulled out a coupon for 19.99 for a "family meal" or something. It was 2 medium pizzas with 3 toppings each, 2 orders of breadsticks, and 4 drinks. I thought "guess that is a good deal." When the bill came and they had not applied the coupon yet, it was $36!! So we saved $16 off of the one meal. And there is another coupon just like it in there.

I've become an Entertainment Book believer. If I can make my money back on 2 coupons alone (not to mention the Rental car ones I plan to use in Florida), I consider it a pretty good deal.

speechteachri
06-04-2007, 05:43 PM
I love the entertainment book. I only ever use a few coupons out of it, but I always get my money's worth, especially because I usually get one for free from out PTO at school for Teacher Appreciation Week!

Wendi63
06-04-2007, 10:17 PM
I purchased the Entertainment book through Sunshine Rewards back on May 18th. I received it with no problems but have never received credit. Since I have not really done any shopping other than this through SR, I'm not sure how long that it takes to get credit for a purchase. Can anyone enlighten me on what to expect and when to file a trouble ticket with purchases?

Thanks,
Wendi

ChickiePants
06-04-2007, 10:28 PM
I kind of had a similar thing with Travelocity where at first I thought it never credited, but I went back through my history and found that it WAS there, just stuck between some other stuff. It stays pending for like 3 weeks, though. I was thinking of ordering the Entertainment Book myself. My dad always gets them and uses a lot of the coupons. Only thing is, we live in a littler town and the nearest book to us is for Green Bay. I'm trying to figure out if it's worth it, you know... :angel:

zoodoyle
06-04-2007, 11:08 PM
Just checked it out for my area....and it's sold out :( Bummer.

ChickiePants
06-04-2007, 11:11 PM
It said that about my area too at first, but when I went to "see all areas" it said I could have it shipped in about "2-3 weeks" (as opposed to other areas in the state which said "Now"). I don't know what's up with that, but I was thinking about trying it anyway. It's a good value for my boyfriend and I who are trying to save $$.

Soccer Princess
06-06-2007, 07:45 PM
So it's $5 for the 2007 book (for s&h) and then the reg price with no s&h for the 2008 book right? It said they will continue to send the book every year though unless you cancel, which is no big deal. I think I might do this! :)

Chelley00
06-06-2007, 07:52 PM
I believe a lot of them have gas coupons in the back. Who can't use a gas coupon with gas costing more than a college education :p

zoodoyle
06-06-2007, 10:20 PM
It said that about my area too at first, but when I went to "see all areas" it said I could have it shipped in about "2-3 weeks" (as opposed to other areas in the state which said "Now"). I don't know what's up with that, but I was thinking about trying it anyway. It's a good value for my boyfriend and I who are trying to save $$.

Thanks - that's what it said for my area once I went further!! :)