PDA

View Full Version : Treehouses Getting A Refurb!!!

Mom2aPrincess
02-11-2008, 11:36 PM
Walt Disney World is surprising many by doing what nobody thought was possible: Upgrading and replacing the Treehouse Villas. For years, whenever anybody asked about the Treehouse Villas, the response was always that Disney couldn't do anything to repair or replace them because they were too close to the flood plain; while they were grandfathered in and could continue to operate as they were, no major construction work could be done on them because of their location.

This is just the first paragraph of the article that can be found here:
http://www.mouseplanet.com/articles.php?art=wd080211mg

pbhall13
02-12-2008, 12:24 AM
I actually stayed in the villas back in 1998..........we only stayed one night and then headed over to the boardwalk.......

they were nice and all, but did not feel very Disney.........great to hear they are doing some work on them.

Pamela

Mom2aPrincess
02-12-2008, 12:27 AM
Really? I can see where they aren't as Disney as the other resorts, but I think I'd do everything I could to try to stay at them at least once. The only problem I saw is they are actually too big for us (which would for sure equate into not feasible money wise) so I'd have to convince some other family members to go along...:rotfl:

kimntrent
02-14-2008, 06:01 PM
Oh excited. So excited.

Kim