PDA

View Full Version : Tornado touch down!

nolacindy
02-12-2008, 04:05 PM
We just had a tornado touch down where I work! I work at a small hospital that is spread out over several buildings so we never know what happens outside of ours. A bad front just came through southern Louisiana with heavy rain and hail. No one was hurt but some vehicles were damaged, a housekeeping trailer tipped over, windows busted and roofs damaged.
Thankfully everyone is ok. But it was kind of scary knowing that it was that close.

spring
02-12-2008, 04:09 PM
We just had a tornado touch down where I work! I work at a small hospital that is spread out over several buildings so we never know what happens outside of ours. A bad front just came through southern Louisiana with heavy rain and hail. No one was hurt but some vehicles were damaged, a housekeeping trailer tipped over, windows busted and roofs damaged.
Thankfully everyone is ok. But it was kind of scary knowing that it was that close.

Oh, no! How scary! I'm sure glad to hear everyone is okay. I do not live in a tornado zone, but the thoughts of one frighten me.:hugs:

nolacindy
02-12-2008, 04:12 PM
I didn't think that Louisiana was a tornado zone until recently it seems to attract them. I grew up in Indiana so this was a normal thing up there.

lanny76
02-12-2008, 04:12 PM
Oh my goodness!! How frightening. Glad everyone's OK, tho.
And how odd to hear about so many tornadoes in February - it makes me nervous about the summer months here in NE, which is part of Tornado Alley. And a forecast for an unusually active severe weather season does not help me - shiver. Tornadoes terrify me.

SunshineGirl
02-12-2008, 04:16 PM
SunshineCindy just told me on the phone that they are calling for tornadoes tonight in Florida. That really scares me because they just aren't equipped with the basements, sirens, etc. that we have in the midwest.

Sunni
02-12-2008, 04:46 PM
:hugs: That must have been so scary. I am glad to hear that everyone is ok.

bartleby1
02-12-2008, 04:51 PM
Thank goodness everyone is ok! We don't generally have tornados in Jersey, but the thought of them scares me to pieces!

Magical JenK
02-12-2008, 04:57 PM
Oh wow! I'm glad you are ok Cindy!! How scary! Tornadoes frighten me...but intrigue me at the same time!

nolacindy
02-12-2008, 05:12 PM
We just went out and walked around the grounds, lots of windows busted out, tree limbs down on cars, cars moved, fence down, trailer turned on its side. Unfortunately there was an incedent with someone but they haven't said what happened.

arob414
02-12-2008, 05:47 PM
I am so glad you are safe. We went thru this, last wk and were also safe. But, within 10 minutes of us, others lost their homes. Last night, I was helping at church with some of the relief efforts and talked with some of the people who lost their homes. It is very frightening.

sunshinecindy
02-12-2008, 05:56 PM
Oh wow! I'm glad you are ok Cindy!! How scary! Tornadoes frighten me...but intrigue me at the same time!

Ya, ask Tricia about the time she was young and was in the car with me and I chased one. They sound like a freight train. It was pretty cool. We were running right alongside it.

So far so good here. Its raining pretty bad, I'm under a tornado watch, but so far its staying east and north of me. The worst is yet to come though. I don't worry about me, I worry about my horses. If its get too bad I'll put them in the garage.

Stay low Cindy, glad all is well so far.

coastalgirl
02-12-2008, 06:10 PM
Glad to hear you are ok Cindy. I was thinking about you and Janet as they started talking about the weather over there. So far it has stayed to the north of us. We are under a watch, but not to bad here yet.

monorailsilver
02-12-2008, 08:38 PM
How scary.

My dh is in New Orleans for work & I called him at about 4 EST to see if he knew he was in a tornado warning.

Stupid me forgets he works on the warning sirens & that is why he was there.

But he did tell me that was in some Operations office or something like that.

jnorth1007
02-12-2008, 08:46 PM
We are okay over here. We got some nasty weather this afternoon and they had someone die at a hospital about 25 minutes from me but we are good. New Orleans had areas that took it pretty bad today. The strong winds caused a ship on the Mississippi to crash into two other ships and then into a river bank. Noone was hurt. I just got back from gymnastics with Grace and it is raining but the really bad weather is past us now.

sassyjk
02-12-2008, 09:00 PM
Oh my gosh!! How scary I live in a tonado area and I"m terrified I dont know what I'd do without my basement like some of you who dont have one!

I'm so terrified I once this summer emailed the Twister Sisters (on TV they have there own show if no one knows) and the one sister contacted me back to state my nightmares are normal and maybe I should go along with them on a chase and face my fears....No thanks. But I am glad to hear everyone is OK.!!!!:(

coastalgirl
02-12-2008, 10:10 PM
Oh my gosh!! How scary I live in a tonado area and I"m terrified I dont know what I'd do without my basement like some of you who dont have one!

I'm so terrified I once this summer emailed the Twister Sisters (on TV they have there own show if no one knows) and the one sister contacted me back to state my nightmares are normal and maybe I should go along with them on a chase and face my fears....No thanks. But I am glad to hear everyone is OK.!!!!:(

I could never do that. Tornadoes scare the fire out of me. Once we were in Oklahoma during Easter and the sky turned this funky color and it started to hail and every one was going into this cold dark storm shelter(just like in the Wizard of Oz) and I made dh leave. We literally drove out of the state that day. And I have not been back since.

Janet, glad to hear you all are OK. We never had any here, just north of us they had a couple touch down, but nothing bad.

Magical JenK
02-12-2008, 11:33 PM

Jessica! You crack me up! I just saw the Twister Sisters on Jay Leno a few weeks ago...I had no idea about them prior to that though!

I always dream about being caught in my car driving & a tornado is coming at me. It's so real. I wake up right before the tornado arrives. I've read that it means that I'm stressed out.

Blessing and Miracle
02-12-2008, 11:51 PM
Glad to know everyone is fine!:hugs:

nolacindy
02-13-2008, 08:49 AM
We are okay over here. We got some nasty weather this afternoon and they had someone die at a hospital about 25 minutes from me but we are good. New Orleans had areas that took it pretty bad today. The strong winds caused a ship on the Mississippi to crash into two other ships and then into a river bank. Noone was hurt. I just got back from gymnastics with Grace and it is raining but the really bad weather is past us now.

Thats the hospital I work at! It was strange because our department new nothing about what went on until about an hour after it happened.