PDA

View Full Version : AirTran Sales

SunshineGirl
02-13-2008, 06:41 PM
I just found roundtrip tickets from Indy to Tampa for both April and June for less than $150 each! Plus, they are running a special where if you sign up for their email service, you get a $25 coupon. I can't even remember how long it has been since I have seen deals like this on flights!!

Magical JenK
02-14-2008, 09:50 AM
Thanks for posting this! I've never considered AirTran before because I didn't think they flew out of MSP...I was wrong! Their airfare is impressive! I'll for sure have to look into it for next time!!

disney_girl
02-14-2008, 09:57 AM
That's awesome!! We usually fly Airtran to Orlando and have always had good experiences!! I looked at April for us and under $500 for 3 is awesome! Now to put a bug in DH's ear :rotfl: We have DVC and I might just have to whip out the SR savings to convince him. LOL

mjjmbnmm
02-14-2008, 01:32 PM
They do have good prices , but we flown with them twice and both times had the worst service. once they had us sit on the runway for over an hour and never told us why. never again.

SunshineGirl
02-14-2008, 01:53 PM
I did have one really bad experience with AirTran and swore them off. But then I had a horrible one with Southwest and went back to AirTran and it was fine. LOL! Sometimes it is a gamble. SG got stuck with USAirways recently and sat in the airport in Phoenix for more than 12 hours without any explanation. It's kind of a crapshoot. But I'd say I've had about the same percentage of good/bad experiences with almost every airline at this point.

sunshinecindy
02-14-2008, 05:55 PM
AirTran is my favorite to fly. SW makes me feel like being herded on like cattle. I was on a flight onetime with them and some baby had her feet in my side the entire time, kicking because breastfeeding momma insist she eat when she didn't want to. My DH was on the other side of me looing out the window the entire flight cause he was so embarrassed.

I think I've sat on the runway with every airline company there is. I blame that more on the airport then the airlines, but, an explanation is always good.

wilsonfamily4
02-14-2008, 06:02 PM
No good deals from oregon though. Darn Oregon

abcboys
02-25-2008, 04:44 PM
I got a good deal coming back from Orlando to Indy on May 10 for $69ppon Airtran. I had already gotten my tickets to there on Northwest. I hope everything goes okay. This will be a first time flying with my 3 kids 9,6,2. I keep getting scared like we will get there and be delayed hours and hours or something. Or we can't sit together and my 2 year old has to site by himself!! But that's just me. I always fear the worst.

Mom2aPrincess
02-25-2008, 11:01 PM
YEA!! I got an email today from AirTran about a sale, and found web only prices for $89 to bring us home from our August trip!! :cooldance: I booked them instantly. Does anyone know if Airtran gives you a credit like Southwest does if the price drops before your trip?

We're flying their on SW because I have a $90 credit from our December trip. Those tickets are $99 so it's like almost getting one free..And there's still the possibility of a drop and getting another credit for the future. :love:

h2odancer
03-25-2008, 09:28 PM
For our trip this April I was able to get one way tickets for $79 during a special on AirTran's website that was only available for a couple of days. :)

Mom2aPrincess
03-26-2008, 12:39 AM
For our trip this April I was able to get one way tickets for $79 during a special on AirTran's website that was only available for a couple of days. :)

Same here for our August trip. There fares seem to be comparable to SouthWest so I'm excited to have found them.

Mom2aPrincess
04-11-2008, 02:17 PM
Thought I'd Share for anyone else this effects:

- New Policies for Checked Baggage for Travel Beginning on May 15,
2008 -

ORLANDO, Fla., April 11 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- AirTran Airways, a subsidiary of AirTran Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: AAI), announced today changes in its checked bag policy.

Effective immediately, customers who are traveling on or after May 15,
2008, may check one bag free and a second bag for a $10 fee. The fee
will not apply for passengers who hold Elite status in AirTran Airways' A+ Rewards frequent flier program, or ticketed passengers traveling in Business Class. The airline will continue to allow passengers to check additional bags for a $50 fee per additional bag. As with the previous policy, weight and size restrictions apply. Passengers can also continue to use AirTran Airways' EasyFit storage bins on every flight.