PDA

View Full Version : Disneyland Tickets Grrrrrrrrrrrr

~Kathie
06-05-2007, 01:40 PM
I'm going to Disneyland for the NFFC Convention in July. I figured I would use my SR balance to get a Disney gift card for my park tickets. I'm staying outside the park so can't use the gc's for the hotel.

I can save $40 by buying tickets @ Disneyland online. So I went there today to check it out and try to figure out the best deal......online DOESN'T accept Disney gift cards!!! :confused: How dumb is that???

I sent them an email. They said I can use the Disney gift cards at the Park but can't get the online discount. :cry: :cry: :cry:

I looked at our rewards options and none of them are for a gift Visa/MC or AMEX. Guess I'll have to just pay for them and use the Disney GC for something else. That $40 discount is too good to pass up.

SunshineGirl
06-05-2007, 01:43 PM
What a pain. Why in the world wouldn't they take them?? Seems to me like they are passing up money.

kimntrent
06-05-2007, 01:50 PM
Call them. I used disney gift cards to pay for WDW tickets last year. They should run the same way. Or buy them at the disney store too.

Kim
________
Michigan Marijuana Dispensary (http://michigan.dispensaries.org/)

TXMouseChaser
06-05-2007, 02:07 PM
Can you cash out for money (PayPal)? And then that to get the tickets?

~Kathie
06-05-2007, 02:12 PM
What a pain. Why in the world wouldn't they take them?? Seems to me like they are passing up money.

I agree Tricia. They are in their own world. I love Disneyland.....but for somethings, like this they are still in the 1960's.

Call them. I used disney gift cards to pay for WDW tickets last year. They should run the same way. Or buy them at the disney store too.

Kim

I did email them. They didn't tell me I couldn't use the gift cards at the gate. I just can't use them online to save $40. I live on the East Coast so buying at the DS is not an option for Disneyland tickets.

I'm going to have to bite the bullet and pay for it. I might as well use my Disney Visa to get Rewards points.

I'm hunting around to see who has the best deal. So far, no one can beat that $40 off. Mouseavers Ticket broker can by $6 but they want $10 to ship and DL shipping is free. I'll check AAA next but I'm not booking hotel or car so may not get a deal.

I have AAA, AARP (and no I'm not THAT old :rotfl:), Entertainment Club, Disney Visa, DVC. DVC only has a discount on an AP and I'm only going to be there 6 days so not worth it.

Any other suggestions LMK!
Thanks!

~Kathie
06-05-2007, 02:15 PM
Can you cash out for money (PayPal)? And then that to get the tickets?

I have a Business account so any payments/monies I get I am accessed a fee. That's a good idea though. I'll have to check and see what the fee would be. If it's only a few $$, it might be worth it. Thanks for the suggestion!

Mandi
06-05-2007, 03:19 PM
Do you have TDS near you? Their ticket prices are the same as disneyland.com and they DO take giftcards. I purchased a ticket for my daughter who turned 3 recently and used giftcards there.

~Kathie
06-05-2007, 03:31 PM
Do you have TDS near you? Their ticket prices are the same as disneyland.com and they DO take giftcards. I purchased a ticket for my daughter who turned 3 recently and used giftcards there.

The $40 off is an online special. With it a 5 day parkhopper is $189. Was that your cost at TDS? Disney Stores on the East Coast don't sell Disneyland tickets..........at least they didn't a few years ago. Does anyone know if they do now??

I am going to take TXMouseChaser's suggstion and use PayPal.

Thanks for all the suggestions! That $40 discount is hard to pass up.

Mandi
06-05-2007, 05:49 PM
Yes, that's how much they were here. And here in AZ we have both DLR and WDW tickets.

If you haven't cashed out through paypal yet, it couldn't hurt to call TDS and check.

jl8595
06-05-2007, 06:27 PM
Kathie,

The Disney Store near me in CT only sells WDW tix. I've never seen DL tix...maybe give them a call anyway - can't hurt. Your plan to cashout through Paypal and order your ticket online sounds like the smartest plan to me. Good luck!!

Lori

OregonGirlie
06-05-2007, 08:20 PM
Check out Costco.com or Costco stores.

Also weirdly enough our Safeway sells tickets, not sure if they have a deal or not.

~Kathie
06-05-2007, 10:28 PM
I called a friend who is a CM and TDS on the east coast Don't sell Disneyland tickets. Guess more people from the west coast go to WDW than east coasters going to DL.

The nearest Costco is in New Hampshire, about 2 hours north. I'd spend the $40 in gas. We have BJ's and Sam's Club. I'm not a member of Sam's Club. I am a member of BJ's........no Disneyland tickets.

I transferred funds to my PayPal account this afternoon. I have $$ in my Paypal account already, so I used what was there and made up the difference from SR to keep the PayPal fees down.

I'm going to get a Target GC for supplies (water, snacks) for our hotel room at the Crowne Plaza. It's right across the street from our hotel.

The money I had in my Paypal account would have gone into my checking account and I would have used my debit card (from that checking account) at Target so it will work out.

Thanks everyone for your suggestions and help. Love you guys!! :hugs:

Mandi
06-05-2007, 10:56 PM
Well that's a bummer they don't sell DLR tickets where you are. :( Oh well, I'm glad you got it all figured out at least. :)