PDA

View Full Version : Email Address Confirmations

SunshineGirl
06-05-2007, 03:10 PM
With the rise in fraud in rewards programs, each site is undergoing certain processes to ensure the continued success of the industry. Today Sunshine Rewards is performing a routine check of registered email addresses. Per our terms, if we attempt to send you an email to the address registered in your account and it is unable to be delivered for 7 days, your account will be disabled.

Throughout the afternoon, our system will begin performing a check on returned email from the last month. If email was returned from your email address for more than a week, your account will be disabled. You will need to visit the Contact Us page and send us an email from a legitimate email account to have your account reactivated with a new email address. the account will then be reactivated and restored with all of your credits, including anything that is pending.

Thank you for your cooperation in this. It is in everyone's best interest that we do what we can to ward off possible fraud.

lrsellars
06-06-2007, 11:26 AM
Will you post a message here when you've sent the email confirmation? I use my email address (the one that SR has) everyday so I don't think I'll have a problem but I just wanted to check. Thanks for all the hard work!!!

SunshineGirl
06-06-2007, 11:38 AM
If you can still log into your SR account, you are good. :) If you try to log in and it tells you that you are not active, you need to contact me.

mom2dea
06-06-2007, 01:55 PM
Ok I have a problem ....

A few days maybe 1-2 weeks ago this was disscussed , I have used the same e-mail address for 2 1/2 yr Never not been able to get e-mail but Now I can not get nothing from Sunshine . I use Yahoo and you and Sunshine guy was saying thats Tons of Yahoo e-mails were bounsing . So what do we yahoo users do cause this was not a problem even 3 weeks ago but has sence become one .

Thanks for any help

Sarah

SunshineGirl
06-06-2007, 02:03 PM
Do you have anything besides yahoo? Like a gmail? I'm betting that someone here could give you a gmail referral. I don't think that we got bouncebacks yesterday on the yahoo addresses. But we do pretty frequently. They pretty much always assume that if you send email out in bulk, it is spam.

mom2dea
06-06-2007, 02:07 PM
Its just wried cause I was never bounced till about 3 weeks ago and have been with the site sence Jan so a few month and no bouncing . Can I add you to an address book and that help ?

BTW I did get yesterdays e-mail but I just checked on the site and did not get June 1st e-mail .

Sarah m

SunshineGirl
06-06-2007, 02:11 PM
I think it happened as a result of that person/computer who used our Contact Us form to send out so much spam. Up until that point, we had no problems. But when all of that spam went out from our server, yahoo made is such that our emails are now a low priority for delivery. So if we send out too many at once during a busy time, our emails just get queued up with yahoo and never even make it to your mailbox. Yesterday I tried sending just 5 emails at a time over many hours and it seemed to have helped. But it may not always depending on how busy the yahoo servers are.

~Kathie
06-06-2007, 02:25 PM
You no longer need an invite to get gmail. Anyone can get it.

mom2dea
06-06-2007, 02:53 PM
My main problem Is I would never check another e-mail address I literly use this one for everything I have 2 others (both yahoo) that I have opened just this past month for freebie offers that i could not get to go threw but other then that thats the only e-mail provider I have . Being pregnant with #4 just keep my head on my shoulders is good right now to add another e-mail address would be fine but I still personal would never get the e-mails cause I would never check it .

I hope I don't sound like a pain I just hate that my e-mail will effect rather I can make money on Sunshine .

Sarah

SunshineGirl
06-06-2007, 03:01 PM
You won't actually lose any money because you can always find the paid emails in the Member Zone. You just won't find the unpaid emails there, which usually have a lot of announcements. But not anything you wouldn't find on here anyway. I wonder if SunshineGuy could change the script so that even the unpaid emails would show up in the Email Links in the member zone?

mom2dea
06-06-2007, 03:24 PM
hmmm that would be great if he could . So do I assume at this point I will be geting the boot without a new e-mail added ? If so I want to take care of it befor that happens .

Sarah

SunshineGirl
06-06-2007, 03:27 PM
Oh goodness, no! We are not removing anyone who has a yahoo email address. In fact, those were not the ones that we were dealing with yesterday. The ones that we inactivated were ones where the hosting company actually responded to us that the mailbox no longer exists. If we just couldn't get through because of the spam address, we didn't do anything. We're only removing those with completely dead email addresses.

Sorry to scare you!!

coastalgirl
06-06-2007, 03:58 PM
I found both of my SR e-mails in my bulk folder. I hardly look in there, but today I did. Wanted to make sure I got my email!!
I had one from Monday and Tuesday in there! Marked it as NOT SPAM and added the address to my address book!! Maybe that will help as I am a yahoo user also!

mom2dea
06-06-2007, 04:01 PM
OHHHHHHH ok no longer scared ! See big fat pregnant women over here was having a small hormonal attack over just the thought of no more Sunshine ! LOL

Sarah

speechteachri
06-06-2007, 04:05 PM
Will it be a problem if I change my SR e-mail contact address during this period? I think all my SR e-mails have been going into my bulk folder at yahoo lately, and I want to make sure I am getting them regularly, so I would like to change it over. If I do change it over to my g-mail account, will it invalidate any offers?? I do not want to use the g-mail account for offers, because I also use it for my person stuff. Does all that make sense??

Thanks!

ItsmeSunnyV
06-06-2007, 04:06 PM
OHHHHHHH ok no longer scared ! See big fat pregnant women over here was having a small hormonal attack over just the thought of no more Sunshine ! LOL

Sarah

LOL:rotfl:

SunshineGirl
06-06-2007, 04:12 PM
You can change your email address at SR to anything that you like, and you do not have to use the same one for your offers that you sign up for. Especially the freebies.