PDA

View Full Version : UGH Brittany offends Disney!

ligrumpygirl
02-18-2008, 09:15 PM
While looking through one of the magazine sites I noticed a cover of BLENDER magazine that had Brittany Spears on it. There is a set of Mickey Mouse Club ears upside down full of cigarrettes in it. GROSS and UPSETTING! It is bad enough that she is associated with Disney but to disgrace them more is unbelievable!!

mia214jia
02-18-2008, 09:29 PM
No doubt the girl needs help! However I dont think she cares what she is doing right now. And Blender will put anything in thier mag to spark readers.
Hey Thanks for the Bday greetings!

Kycha
02-18-2008, 10:24 PM
And Blender will put anything in thier mag to spark readers.

That is true. I subscribe to that magazine(I have no idea why) and there is a little blurb to the side of the photo that says "This cover image is a composite photo. Britney did not pose for the picture".

On another subject, has anyone seen Lindsay Lohan's nude pics? She is recreating Marilyn Monroe's last photo shoot. Someone should have told Lindsay to keep her clothes on. They don't look good.

PartiesByCatharine
02-19-2008, 03:16 PM
Maybe she'll actually stay in rehab this time... who knows!

mia214jia
02-19-2008, 04:32 PM
No I have'nt seen the Lohan pic... I heard about it this morning on the TODAY show gossip. But I didnt get to see or hear anything more about it because DS3 decided he didnt want to watch TV back it thier room and wanted to watch "SuperWhy" on mine. In which he has to have his Blankie tied around his neck so he can "fly" around the room looking for ABC's. :rotfl:
I have a VERY small window to get in my morning news and gossip. :) Oh well.

sunshinesis!
02-19-2008, 09:03 PM
No one can argue that Brittany hasn't gotten an award for "mother of the year". But to assume that ALL Disney patrons are non-smokers by your terminology is rather presumptious. May be your personal view of smokers or the cigarette display using Mickeys ears and I get it!!! Kids don't need exposed to it for many reasons. However, others are spending their money in there too, no matter what their smoking preference.

sunshinesis!
02-19-2008, 09:08 PM
:) No one can argue that Brittany hasn't gotten an award for "mother of the year". But to assume that ALL Disney patrons are non-smokers by your terminology is rather presumptious. May be your personal view of smokers or the cigarette display using Mickeys ears and I get it!!! Kids don't need exposed to it for many reasons. However, others are spending their money in there too, no matter what their smoking preference. Just thinking about being more open minded toward others lifestyles.:)

ligrumpygirl
02-19-2008, 10:32 PM
I have to disagree with your comment. My comments had nothing to do with smoking or not smoking. What I thought was how horrible it was that they were using the Mickey ears as an ashtray...as a DISNEY fan. Disney did a lot to start her career and she has continued to disgrace them. Again, my point was as a Disney fan - not as a stand for or against smoking.

mia214jia
02-20-2008, 07:37 AM
I have not seen the pic of Brit. in Blender. Nor do I look at Blender. But I have heard about all the press the girl is getting along with Lohan. My statement did not say anything about smoking :) It was only stating that Blender will put anything in thier mag to get a rise out of someone reguardless of what people think. I think they wanted show her being like that because she was a DK on WDW show. My apologies to anyone who may have thought my opinion was geared to "smokers" and other lifestyles.