PDA

View Full Version : New Dancing With The Stars Cast

sunshinecindy
02-19-2008, 07:08 AM
What do you think about the new cast of dancers. Should be interesting. I like Pricilla Presley, hopefully she will do well. They sure are a divisified group. I think your going to see some good moves from Jason Taylor. Should be interesting. Too bad Max won't be on this season, he needs a break.

mia214jia
02-19-2008, 07:47 AM
My guess are Jason Taylor and Priscella too... But Im also thinking Steve Guttenberg might not be to bad either. YAYYY! I cant wait. My Dh was just satisfying my whining last night while was watching WWE too let me at least see who was gonna be on. I was disappointed to hear Max wasnt coming back.

TtownAnne
02-19-2008, 09:00 AM
I think the secret breakout dancing star will be Penn Gillette. The left-footed schlep will be Adam Carolla, and the stiff pretty girl will be Monica Seles.

Alice28
02-21-2008, 05:45 PM
I'm loving Penn Teller! I also LOVE Kristi Yamaguchi- love her.

SO SAD about Maks- he is so hot. :heart:

sunshinecindy
03-17-2008, 08:46 PM
So, what do you think so far. I was pleasantly surprised with Penns dance, though I found him to be a little obnoxious. And as gorgeous as Fabian is, I didn't see any sexy dancing there. More to come.

Mom2aPrincess
03-17-2008, 09:14 PM
The men are pretty good tonight. They've definitly had some nice moves. I'm having a hard time trying to decide who gets my votes tonight. :love:

JillyFish
03-17-2008, 09:22 PM
Enjoying it so far! Penn danced better than I thought he would. But he needs to stop trying to take over the show with his humor....that's gonna get old, fast!!! I thought Jason was great! His posture is impeccable!! Mario and Christian were pretty good. Steve did alright. He is very enthusiastic though and seems willing to learn. Adam.....well, what can you say?

Looking forward to seeing how the ladies do tomorrow night. I hope someone tells Priscilla Presley no sour pickles before the show. Geesh!!! Could she smile ONCE???? :rolleyes:

Mom2aPrincess
03-17-2008, 09:27 PM
:) Just went ahead and shot off a quick blog post (http://chattywomen.com/busymom/2008/03/17/hot-hot-hot/)on my thoughts...did a preview earlier today..

sunshinecindy
03-17-2008, 09:53 PM
I liked Mario's dancing best. Steve had the most enthusiasm and I really liked him, hopefully he will get better dancing too. And Priscilla, lay off the face lifts...your going to look like a dark haired Joan Rivers soon.

SunshineGirl
03-17-2008, 10:06 PM
I thought that the judges were a bit hard on them considering that they are just starting to learn to dance. They all worked really hard.

sunshinecindy
03-17-2008, 10:09 PM
I thought that the judges were a bit hard on them considering that they are just starting to learn to dance. They all worked really hard.

Yes, but they were consistent about it, so thats ok. I think last year they were too quick to hand out 10's, maybe this year they are going to make it a little more difficult.

Mom2aPrincess
03-17-2008, 10:10 PM

I agree with that, but I guess if you start your scores too high, then it's hard to show improvement. I know as a teacher, I am extra critical with the first few essays so that as their writing improves, I can make sure their grade improves.

Mom2aPrincess
03-18-2008, 09:51 PM
Anyone watching the women? I'm not sure I'm as impressed with them overall as I was the men last night....

sunshinecindy
03-18-2008, 09:57 PM
Overall so far I'm pretty embarassed for them. The little chubby girl did the best, lots of energy bundled up there, but she won't win. Priscilla is up, but I just can't get past her stoney, waxy face. Poor lady should have quit at a couple surgeries. Who cares she has a younger boyfriend, no need to mess yourself up trying to look young.

Mom2aPrincess
03-18-2008, 10:22 PM
Overall so far I'm pretty embarassed for them. The little chubby girl did the best, lots of energy bundled up there, but she won't win. Priscilla is up, but I just can't get past her stoney, waxy face. Poor lady should have quit at a couple surgeries. Who cares she has a younger boyfriend, no need to mess yourself up trying to look young.

Yea I liked Marissa a lot (the chubby girl). She was fun to watch. I was impressed at Priscilla's basic mastering of the technique of the dance, but had no interest in her at all....She didn't seem to enjoy herself at all. She's just there.....maybe it's all those surgeries. :rotfl: I'm so glad Kristi got the scores she did. I was most impressed with her so far. I'm anxious to see this next dance. I'm just amazed that dancing is really even possible for someone who can't hear (does that make me insensitive?). I know that I will be amazed at her dance already.

sunshinecindy
03-18-2008, 10:31 PM
Priscilla actaully did well on the Fox Trot. I don't see her getting down and dirty in some of the Latin dances though. Marlee, well, I'm impressed. You go girl...you were great. I think that Kristy is the top winner for the females though. Not only was her dance great, but they look very good together and his choreography was impeccable.

chipndale
03-18-2008, 11:42 PM
I am shocked - IMO the men out danced the women! Poor Monica!

TtownAnne
03-19-2008, 08:01 AM
Adam Corolla needs a good slap - stop shouting over the microphone when they're looking for a nice little comment from everyone!!!

Marissa has entirely too much energy for someone that small. She's like a toddler! :rotfl: And she kept stroking Tony's chest - what's up with that?

I still think Penn will be the secret dancing star, Adam will go home as the plodder, and Monica will be the stiff pretty girl.

sunshinecindy
03-26-2008, 09:16 AM
The two went home that I thought would. Good, now lets get down to some real dancing.

JillyFish
03-26-2008, 09:22 AM
Yayyy!! We don't have to watch obnoxious Penn Gillette anymore!!! :cooldance:

chipndale
03-26-2008, 03:31 PM
Yayyy!! We don't have to watch obnoxious Penn Gillette anymore!!! :cooldance:

I'll second that. I am glad to see Monica go too. I really thought that she would have been better than what she was. Now for some serious dancing.

JillyFish
03-26-2008, 05:00 PM
I'll second that. I am glad to see Monica go too. I really thought that she would have been better than what she was. Now for some serious dancing.

She was kind of painful to watch, wasn't she? I feel bad for her, but America made the right decision.

Mom2aPrincess
03-26-2008, 05:34 PM
The two went home that I thought would. Good, now lets get down to some real dancing.

Yep. I predicted these two also....

sunshinecindy
04-01-2008, 10:09 PM
How do you keep that friggin Adam Corolla and send home someone like the Gute. That sucks. Adam can't dance either, hes just loud and obnoxious.

Mom2aPrincess
04-01-2008, 10:22 PM
How do you keep that friggin Adam Corolla and send home someone like the Gute. That sucks. Adam can't dance either, hes just loud and obnoxious.

I so agree...I knew it wouldn't happen but I was so hoping that Priscella would go home.

TtownAnne
04-02-2008, 08:48 AM
Yeah, Adam Corolla has such a complete lack of manners he really shouldn't be allowed out of the house. I'm tired of listening to him holler about how awful everyone else is.

But out of the ones who left, I feel bad for Steve Gutenberg's professional dancer, Anna - she's been dropped in the first couple rounds for the last 3 seasons or so!

sunshinecindy
04-08-2008, 10:04 PM
Yayyyyy hes gone. The biggest irritation on the show next to Priscillas plastic face....Maybe she'll go next week. Shes very hard to look at, my face just hurts for her, which is a shame cause she was always such a beauty. As for Adam, there was nothing appealing about him AT ALL.

JillyFish
04-09-2008, 10:23 AM
It was time for Adam to go. But I have to say that I was impressed (and surprised) with his parting words.....very sweet and heartfelt, I thought.

Alice28
04-09-2008, 10:28 AM
I thought Adam was kind of funny- obnoxious, yes, but I used to watch the stupid Man Show with him and Jimmy Kimmel with DH....I'm used to his humor I suppose. However, it was time for him to go- he wasn't up to par with everyone else. I too hope Priscilla goes next week.

My 3 faves are Kristy, Jason and Shannon.

sunshinecindy
04-09-2008, 10:49 AM
It was time for Adam to go. But I have to say that I was impressed (and surprised) with his parting words.....very sweet and heartfelt, I thought.

Ya, I was a little surprised too, he seemed to have toned it down some. Still glad hes gone.

TtownAnne
04-09-2008, 12:38 PM
I'm glad he's gone too - he was improving only minorly at best and his comments were making his performances a joke (not that they weren't already)

Mom2aPrincess
04-15-2008, 10:03 PM
Yea!! My least favorite celebrity is now gone!!! Bye Bye!! It couldn't have happened any sooner for me!!! :cooldance: :cooldance: :cooldance:

I'm so going over to blog about this one as soon as I have a few minutes!!

sunshinecindy
04-22-2008, 10:04 PM
Well, it was Marlee's turn to leave tonight, and I've enjoyed watching her, but I figured it might be her. Even though shes got a cute little body on her, she is pretty stiff dancing, but I can understand that with her handicap. A job well done by her. I think they will really miss her. Now onto two dances next week, that will show who can handle the heat.

Mom2aPrincess
04-23-2008, 09:47 AM
Well, it was Marlee's turn to leave tonight, and I've enjoyed watching her, but I figured it might be her. Even though shes got a cute little body on her, she is pretty stiff dancing, but I can understand that with her handicap. A job well done by her. I think they will really miss her. Now onto two dances next week, that will show who can handle the heat.

Yea. I figured it was her too. I hated that to see her leave, but it was time.

savannahbetsy
04-30-2008, 03:14 PM
I missed it last night! who got kicked off?

sunshinecindy
04-30-2008, 03:17 PM
I missed it last night! who got kicked off?

bub bye Shannon and good riddance cry baby.

Mom2aPrincess
05-01-2008, 02:06 AM
bub bye Shannon and good riddance cry baby.

She was my pick to go too. I was worried though that it would be Cristian.

chipndale
05-14-2008, 08:53 AM
Can anyone tell me who got kicked off last night. I was too involved in the hockey game and totally forgot about Dancing with the Stars.

sunshinecindy
05-14-2008, 08:55 AM
Can anyone tell me who got kicked off last night. I was too involved in the hocley game and totally forgot about Dancing with the Stars.

Marissa and Tony are gone. Thats what I expected, and rightfully so. I liked her, but she isn't as good as the ones that are left. You can watch the entire episode online.

chipndale
05-14-2008, 08:59 AM
Thanks for the quick response. That is who I thought was going to be leaving also. I did like Marissa but it was time for her to leave.

m4travels
05-14-2008, 10:26 AM
I haven't watched much this season but I had no idea that they had a kids competition going on. Granted, kids are cute but, DANG, those two last night were pretty gosh-darn talented!!!

TtownAnne
05-20-2008, 11:51 AM
Anyone still watching? As much as I would like a woman to win, I think Kristi's dance last night was pretty spastic looking. So instead I am voting for Jason and Edyta to win - like two judges said last night, it's nice to see her in the finals after so many "dud" stars stuck with her, so I want her to win.

sunshinecindy
05-20-2008, 12:02 PM
Anyone still watching? As much as I would like a woman to win, I think Kristi's dance last night was pretty spastic looking. So instead I am voting for Jason and Edyta to win - like two judges said last night, it's nice to see her in the finals after so many "dud" stars stuck with her, so I want her to win.

I wasn't as impressed with Kristi last night as the judges were, but I think they are wanting her to win. I'd say she is the least improved, she didn't have as far to go as the guys did. I'd say Christian is the most improved and though I don't care for him, I hate that he has hurt his arm like that and it does hinder him. Jason, oh my my my, watching him last night, ew baby baby, my DH was like "so you like watching that", and I was "oh ya, thats NICCCCEEE" LOL I guess its pretty much down to who has the biggest following now though. Its said that Hollywood is very impressed with Jason, so we may see him acting in the near future.

chipndale
05-20-2008, 05:33 PM
Jason, oh my my my, watching him last night, ew baby baby, my DH was like "so you like watching that", and I was "oh ya, thats NICCCCEEE" LOL

And I missed last night because I had a boring Board Meeting. I guess I should have left early.

sammielynn
05-20-2008, 06:41 PM
I don't think Kristi should win. She looks so stiff when she dances and because of her background she should be able to learn these dances faster than anyone. I'm for Jason!

m4travels
05-20-2008, 07:48 PM
I don't catch a lot of celebrity sightings mostly because I'm really dense when it comes to celebrities. However, on Saturday night we were walking through the Grand Californian lobby at D'land and I'm sure we saw Kristi getting ready for an interview of some sort. There were cameras galore and white boards for reflection (?) and the bright lights were on, that's for sure! Then up pops this face that looks vaguely familiar. I wouldn't let the group stop to stare cuz we were going to be late for dinner and NOTHING keeps me from dinner.

sunshinecindy
05-20-2008, 11:03 PM
Well, Kristi won. I expected that, and Jason was very gracious, I think he expected it, but did you hear the crowd cheering for him. Unreal. I can't imagine with the following he had and how everyone was screaming for him how she beat him. I'm sure we are going to have another "it was rigged" chant like the very first season with kelly monaco.

TtownAnne
05-21-2008, 07:56 AM
Nah, but I think it's clear that there are judges' favorites and audience favorites, and once the judges start really rooting for someone the audience follows along. Kristi wasn't bad, don't get me wrong, but the judges outright SAID last night my main reason with not wanting her to win - she's been completely consistent the entire time. That's NOT the purpose of the show! The purpose is to learn new things and improve, not just work with the natural talent she already may have.

sunshinecindy
05-21-2008, 08:24 AM
I don't think shes any better then some dancers in the past, Joey, Mario (the really cute one), the Lachey boy, and others. They for some reason were all smitten with her though. Oh well, now waiting to see next seasons cast.

bajam
05-21-2008, 08:55 AM
I think one of the reasons they were smitten with her was the difficulty of the dances they did. If you watch most of the other woman, they didn't do as much. I think the men get it a little easier because the nature of the dance is for the woman to do the flashy stuff. Their pro woman up the level of the dance. This was the first time that the celebrity woman did that.

I would have been fine with Jason winning just because they had a better dance last night, but I don't think they have been better for the rest of the season.

A little OT but I have had it with Edyta's scarf, bead, drapey costumes. She seems to wear the same things over and over from season to season and week to week. The just change in color. And none of it covers much up top. A lot of times it doesn't match the dance at all. The other pro's change it up more and I wish she would, too.

chipndale
05-21-2008, 09:24 AM
I figured that Kristi was going to win but I was hoping that Jason would win. Jason graduated from a local high school and everyone around here has been rooting for him from day one. His younger brother is still in school here.

sammielynn
05-21-2008, 10:28 AM
A little OT but I have had it with Edyta's scarf, bead, drapey costumes. She seems to wear the same things over and over from season to season and week to week. The just change in color. And none of it covers much up top. A lot of times it doesn't match the dance at all. The other pro's change it up more and I wish she would, too.

That woman can wear so little of nothing and look so good. I would almost give up eating to look like that. So much skin!