PDA

View Full Version : Wishes or Illuminations???

fordisneyap08
02-20-2008, 12:49 PM
Hi:) I'm not sure if we will be able to see both while we are in WDW. If we were only able to see one which one would you recommend?? My boys are 7 and 5 so we were leaning toward Wishes but it's not until 10:00pm on the night we could go-- What do you think? Thanks:)

jl8595
02-20-2008, 12:56 PM
I have girls, so I don't know if their opinion is similar to your boys, but they MUCH prefer Wishes. They love Tinkerbell flying down from the castle and I think the show and music is more appealing to kids. Not that Illuminations isn't appealing - my girls loved it too - they just preferred Wishes. Not sure if that helps, but those are my thoughts!

m 'n c
02-20-2008, 01:07 PM
I would so do Wishes over Illuminations. Wishes has all the songs and fireworks going and the castle changing colors. Illuminations just has the countries lighting up with a globe in the water. Illuminations is still a great show but it would be boring compared to Wishes for your boys.

bbangel
02-20-2008, 05:29 PM
No contest for me...Wishes.

Magical JenK
02-20-2008, 05:35 PM
Illuminawhat? :confused: :rotfl:

Hands down Wishes! I've seen Illuminations twice & I just wasn't as impressed. Now Wishes on the other hand...I :heart: !!!

JOLAROCHE
02-20-2008, 06:30 PM
My son is now 14 but as he was growing up 4,9,11,12 it was always wishes for him

fordisneyap08
02-20-2008, 09:08 PM
Wow!! It sounds like Wishes wins hands down!!:) We were leaning that way but we weren't sure because of it being at 10:00pm. My boys are very early risers and I'm not sure they can last that long. I guess I will just have to talk them into a nap that day--yeah right.:rotfl:

3dog2kidmom
02-20-2008, 09:25 PM
Illuminations takes my breath away, but Wishes makes me cry. I think my kids prefer (8 & 10) prefer Wishes.

wdwabby
02-20-2008, 10:11 PM
Wow!! It sounds like Wishes wins hands down!!:) We were leaning that way but we weren't sure because of it being at 10:00pm. My boys are very early risers and I'm not sure they can last that long. I guess I will just have to talk them into a nap that day--yeah right.:rotfl:

take a little side trip to Goofy's Candy Co in the afternoon ... they'll stay up! ;):rotfl:

chipndale
02-21-2008, 10:17 AM
Wishes! Although we usually see both, my kids prefer Wishes over Illuminations. As for getting them to stay up, my dd6 is a early riser and it has been difficult for her to stay up. A nap - not going to happen. I try to take the kids out of the park in the afternoon and just go back to the resort and have some quiet time. Then when we go back in the park, we get some sugar snacks - cotton candy. Once Wishes starts my kids are wide awake and really enjoy the show. Enjoy

luvdisney
02-21-2008, 02:39 PM
When we go in August we are not going to try to go to Illuminations (I don't even think that we will be going to world showcase this time). When I took 3 of my kids 2 years ago we watched it but they really didn't like it that much (they were 13, 11, and 7). We are going as a grand gathering , 11 of us, and we will be going on the Magical Fireworks Voyage :cooldance: We will have to try and get my DS5 and my sisters DS7 to take a nap that day but we are not going to hold our breath for that to happen.

mjjmbnmm
02-21-2008, 06:22 PM
Well my family must be odd, because we by far perfer Illuminations over Wish's. We could care less if we see it or not, but we never miss Illuminations, we even stake out our spot an hour to an hour and half ahead of time.

eaglesdare
02-21-2008, 08:01 PM
illuminations is winning in my book. only because i have done wishes and need to do illuminations now.

bartleby1
02-21-2008, 09:54 PM
I'm not going to be much help because I love them both and can't imagine not seeing both of them on a trip.

However, I have to say I'm a little surprised that most people find wishes to be so much better. My kids love both of them. Actually, my oldest DD, who doesn't get overly excited about very much (she's very calm and even keel), was actually jumping with excitement at illuminations one year. I think it was when she was 5. I will NEVER forget how excited she was because it is probably the most excitement that I have EVER seen out of her! And last year, my younger DD who was 2-1/2 yrs old, stood on a bench watching illuminations and got more and more excited as the music intensified. She was yelling "YEAH, YEAH, YEAH" and punching her arms in the air while jumping to the music. Again, a moment I will never forget. I think I watched her more than I watched the show, lol!

I honestly don't know which show we enjoy the most. Does that help your decision at all?:rotfl:

kerry34
02-28-2008, 10:18 AM
Illuminations is really neat, especially if you have a really good view, but if I had to choose and with kids factoring into it, I would go with Wishes. In my opinion it is truly what the Disney "magic" is all about. Honestly, it brings tears to my eyes and my 15 yr old daughters as well. There is just something about it that I cannot explain that brings out such happiness.

noperdud
02-29-2008, 03:26 PM
we did the wishes cruise when we went in dec of 06 it was on of the best parts of the trip if you do it you son will just love seeling them on a boat

Alice28
03-03-2008, 11:08 PM
Wishes!!!!!!

crystal2485
08-07-2008, 01:21 AM
I know I am way late on this but I had to give my 2 cents :D after spending a summer working at MK you would think that one would grow tired of hearing the music everynight, but not me lol, I couldnt wait till wishes started I would be dancing and singing while I was working lol. Did I mention that I also purchased the soundtrack to wishes, I still put it in my cd player and sing along and picture the fireworks :blush: and I worked there in 06 i believe. I have to see wishes when I go to Disney, It is my favorite hands down, I recommend it to everyboyd. illuminations is nice too but as someone else said wishes is just so magical, especially standing on mainstreet so the fireworks are centered behind the castle, ok now i really really want to go to MK, and i think my pass just got un blocked out but i just moved temporarily out of state :(

speechteachri
08-08-2008, 06:19 PM
Another vote for Wishes here. I wasn't overly impressed by illuminations.

Having said that...my very fav. is Fantasmic at MGM!!!! Awesome!