PDA

View Full Version : TourGuideMike

deana
02-21-2008, 09:28 PM
LOVE LOVE LOVE Tour Guide Mike!!! I recommend him to everyone! Well worth the small price!

pbhall13
02-22-2008, 09:39 AM
I agree...........wish we could purchase it thru SR though....would love a little credit back on it even though is not a costly purchase.

I especially love to use it on shorter trips!!

Pamela

jnorth1007
02-22-2008, 09:44 AM
Apparently Tricia has been turned down for his affiliate program. Perhaps if all of us members sent him an email stating that we are members of SR and would love to see him added as part of our program then he would reconsider and all SR to use him on the site. Couldn't hurt!

Magical JenK
02-22-2008, 10:09 AM
Why do you guys love it so much? I don't know much about what it is? Is it a book? I know I've seen his ads on disboards, but that's about all I know...
Thanks

pbhall13
02-22-2008, 10:15 AM
Apparently Tricia has been turned down for his affiliate program. Perhaps if all of us members sent him an email stating that we are members of SR and would love to see him added as part of our program then he would reconsider and all SR to use him on the site. Couldn't hurt!

I just sent off an email to them.........who knows ...it cannot hurt!

Why do you guys love it so much? I don't know much about what it is? Is it a book? I know I've seen his ads on disboards, but that's about all I know...
Thanks

Jenn..it is a way to better plan out your disney stay...some of it is common sense especially if you have been to disney a few times, but when I ordered it last year for my May and Nov trip I really found it helpful...helps with knowing crowds, plan of attack etc. I know that Angela mentioned that she uses it and I think has for a while so she might be able to give you more information.

I first ordered it because I was going on a long weekend trip and thought it would be great to help maximize the little time I had. When I do longer trips I am not so worried about wasting time because we can be somewhat more leisurely, but with a shorter trip it was really invaluable.

Pamela

ligrumpygirl
02-22-2008, 10:18 AM
I use it to find out the best days to go to each park. Based on all his experience, TGM is able to tell you which days will have what kind of traffic. I have used it 2 or 3 times so far and he is right on!

linanglab
02-22-2008, 10:56 AM
TGM is great. It is like an "online book". It can be a bit confusing. You sometimes have to play around with his site to figure it out. I like it MAINLY for the best times/days to go to each park. Everything you need to know for your trip is RIGHT there....EMH's, phone numbers, information about restaraunts, rides, shops, ride closures and refurbs, etc.

I think I may enjoy it better than some because we always go during the busiest time of the year. It makes a BIG difference in knowing which park to use for each day. He has been very good for us. For going the week of July 4th, we have never had to wait more than 10-20 minutes for a ride. (Now we do use fastpasses also which helps). I do not use his hour by hour plan, because we like to do our own thing too, but if you did use it, it does work out great too (we used it for 1 morning at MK).

I also like to just look around the site. It gets me excited about my trip.

jnorth1007
02-22-2008, 11:03 AM
It also gives you so many great tips for what are the best rides to ride and what time to ride them. He gives you tips on how and where to stand/sit for parades, shows, rides, and everything you can imagine. He teaches you how to tour the parks so that you can customize your plan according to the time of year you are going, the type of people you have going and the rides you want to ride. We used it for Oct with just B and I and we NEVER waited. We also used it in December with the kids and we still didn't have to wait. It is especially useful if you go at busy times because it helps you maximize your time so that you get done what is important to you and leaves the afternoon and nights for strolling, resting or doing things that can be done anytime. I really love it and they have a great forum over there too. It is much like ours in that they don't have any flaming like on another board we know. Everyone is very friendly and helpful and you can post your plans and they will go in and help you tweek it so that you get the absolute most out of your trips. I even did a meet with them in WDW in October and they were really a fun/great bunch of people and I have several really good friends from there now.

chrissylou2
02-22-2008, 03:36 PM
I sent him a message a couple of weeks ago about how awesome Sunshine Rewards is and I never heard back from him, so I tried as well. I hope he turns around.

Chrissy

luvdisney00
02-22-2008, 04:35 PM
Put me on the list of huge TGM fans. We used his idea to plan our July trip and it was dead on. Even though the parks were really crowded, we never waited and were always moving in the opposite direction of the crowds. I would love to try in for a less crowded time of year, because I bet it would work even better. With the huge cost of a WDW vacation, it is the best $20.00 you can spend.

DisneyMa
02-22-2008, 06:11 PM
Is this for DW only? I have never used anything for Disneyland. I guess we are used to it there. I have all the numbers programmed to my cell phone and I am a major pre-planner!!

I've never heard of this.......................

jnorth1007
02-22-2008, 09:19 PM
It is for WDW only since that is his expertise. He actually owns his own VIP tour company that does VIP tours of WDW and this is his other business that gives the info to "regular" people so they can learn to tour since we can't afford $120 an hour for a tour guide LOL.

zoodoyle
02-23-2008, 05:57 PM
I've heard about this site, but never thought about it much. I've used the unofficial guide book before, and that's done well for us. But this year we are going in August, and I'm more concerned about the crowds. Add the fact that we'll probably head back to the room midday for some AC and rest, and that makes me wonder if we'll be able to accomplish all we want in our 6.5 days there. So I'm more interested in the TGM approach. If only I could get SR credit for it, then I would do it in a heartbeat! :sunshine: