PDA

View Full Version : August Photopass Share Anyone?

Mom2aPrincess
02-23-2008, 10:24 AM
I just booked our trip August 7 - 13 and after running a GREAT photopass share in December, I wanted to try again. :sunshine2:

Anyone going within the 30 day window of this trip, I would LOVE to share a photopass CD with you!! I'll purchase the CD (actually I plan to prepurchase here pretty quick) and then we'll just share the expense. After the last person is home and edits their pics, I'll order, copy, and ship everyone a copy.

I know these are popular on another disney board, but there is a lot of trust involved here and I think of my fellow SR'ers as family. :hugs:

Edited to Show Partipants (as of 4/20/08)
Mom2aPrincess August 7 - 13
lucymews August 10 - 21
catnapfan August Aug 25 - 30

lucymews
02-23-2008, 12:03 PM
We'll be there August 10-21. If that fits in, I'd love to join you photopass! Just let me know :cooldance: .

JOLAROCHE
02-23-2008, 12:11 PM
Can you explain how this works to me. I have just started reading about sharing photopass

thanks

askomsky
02-23-2008, 05:10 PM
Can you explain how this works to me. I have just started reading about sharing photopass

thanks

I wasn't in on one, but we did have one in Nov when we went. You can pre purchase a photopass online and it saves you about $20. I think i paid $100 for mine. Basically when you pre purchase it they send you a code that when you come back from the trip after you enter your photopass pic id's when you go to order hte cd you enter the code and it shows up already paid and I'm pretty sure free shipping.

Sharing one would be that you kick in a % of the cost (about $100 total so depending on how many sign up) now and when you go you just take as many photopass pics as you want. There is no limit at all. Actually DH had to grab an extra pass bc he and DS wasn't with us at one point for a picture. So when we came home we had 3 passes to enter in and had about 180 pics and that was just for my family.
If you had 4 families in on it you would all come home and log your pass id's into the system and when everyone is back and their id's logged in the person heading it up would then order the CD and it would ship to her. She then would burn a copy for everyone who ordered it.
From the sounds of it it was very successful the last time and had I known if anyone else was interested in November when we went I would have defintely jumped in on the deal!
At least I did get my pre ordered bc face it even though I took 800 pics of my own, the photopass people will take family shots and half the time get better pics then you do anyway. I think to order individual pics it's like $12 for a 5x7 so really it makes sense to order the CD.

HTH!
April

Mom2aPrincess
02-23-2008, 06:58 PM
We'll be there August 10-21. If that fits in, I'd love to join you photopass! Just let me know :cooldance: .

That sounds perfect!!

The only real time issue is that pictures expire 30 days after you enter them so we have to stay within about a month range.....We fit that easily...

Mom2aPrincess
02-23-2008, 07:00 PM
I wasn't in on one, but we did have one in Nov when we went. You can pre purchase a photopass online and it saves you about $20. I think i paid $100 for mine. Basically when you pre purchase it they send you a code that when you come back from the trip after you enter your photopass pic id's when you go to order hte cd you enter the code and it shows up already paid and I'm pretty sure free shipping.

Sharing one would be that you kick in a % of the cost (about $100 total so depending on how many sign up) now and when you go you just take as many photopass pics as you want. There is no limit at all. Actually DH had to grab an extra pass bc he and DS wasn't with us at one point for a picture. So when we came home we had 3 passes to enter in and had about 180 pics and that was just for my family.
If you had 4 families in on it you would all come home and log your pass id's into the system and when everyone is back and their id's logged in the person heading it up would then order the CD and it would ship to her. She then would burn a copy for everyone who ordered it.
From the sounds of it it was very successful the last time and had I known if anyone else was interested in November when we went I would have defintely jumped in on the deal!
At least I did get my pre ordered bc face it even though I took 800 pics of my own, the photopass people will take family shots and half the time get better pics then you do anyway. I think to order individual pics it's like $12 for a 5x7 so really it makes sense to order the CD.

HTH!
April

Thanks. That's a great explanation.

JOLAROCHE , I will in fact attempt to preorder it (if that's still an option) so the CDs will cost $100. We'll divide that by how many people sign up so if lucymews does in fact want to join in, it would be $50 for each of us instead of each of us buying it for $100 each. Then if you signed up, the cost would drop to about $33 for each of us. Does that make sense?

lucymews
02-24-2008, 09:04 PM
That sounds perfect!!

The only real time issue is that pictures expire 30 days after you enter them so we have to stay within about a month range.....We fit that easily...

Then count me in. I can't wait!!:cooldance:

Mom2aPrincess
02-24-2008, 09:22 PM
Then count me in. I can't wait!!:cooldance:

Awesome! I can't wait either! I've subscribed to TGM, made my park day plans, got my ADRs...and now this is officially started!

We've decreased our price from $100 each now to $50 each! Now if we can just find a couple more participants. :sunshine2:

lucymews
02-26-2008, 11:48 PM
I just realized both our families will be at Pop Century. Who knows, maybe we'll see each other during some pool-time during our overlapping dates! Along with DH, I have DD7 and DD(will be 5 then). This will be my first time at PC (3rd at WDW). My girls have never been there before. Thanks for bringing some pixie dust to my week!!:sunshine2:

Mom2aPrincess
02-27-2008, 10:08 AM
I just realized both our families will be at Pop Century. Who knows, maybe we'll see each other during some pool-time during our overlapping dates! Along with DH, I have DD7 and DD(will be 5 then). This will be my first time at PC (3rd at WDW). My girls have never been there before. Thanks for bringing some pixie dust to my week!!:sunshine2:

Oh how fun. We stayed at Pop in December and LOVED it. I thought I wanted to try out all the hotels, but after staying at Pop we only want to stay there. It would be great to see each other. Do you know which parks you'll do each day yet? Any dining ADRs?

One of my DDs is also 7 (she'll turn 8 while we are there). It will be my 3rd time as an adult to be there and my DD7's 3rd time and the DD16's 2nd time (she just came to live with us in August). Hope you have a great week and we find a couple more participants to get this price even lower. :sunshine2:

Mom2aPrincess
03-13-2008, 11:21 AM
Thought I'd bump this up in case anyone else has planned an August trip and would like to join in...

JOLAROCHE
04-06-2008, 08:49 PM
I have another question. How do you get the number to give to the cast memebers who are taking the pictures.

Thanks

Mom2aPrincess
04-06-2008, 08:55 PM
I have another question. How do you get the number to give to the cast memebers who are taking the pictures.

Thanks

The first time you have them taken the cm will give you a card with a bar code. Future cms will scan the card to keep them together. If you happen to forget it in the room or separate during the day, you can just get another. You can put in multiple ones online.

sammielynn
04-07-2008, 08:50 AM
I would love to share one for May, guess I will have to see if anyone wants to do that.

JOLAROCHE
04-07-2008, 06:03 PM
So if I have this right. I would give my bar code numbers to the person I was sharing the disc with and they would submit mine plus theirs.?

Mom2aPrincess
04-07-2008, 06:11 PM
Well everyone does it a little differently probably. But I give you my username and password and you input your own data because you can also add frames and crop photos and stuff of your pics on the photopass website and they are added to the cd.

Mom2aPrincess
04-07-2008, 06:16 PM
I would love to share one for May, guess I will have to see if anyone wants to do that.

Maybe you could check out this thread and see if anyone wants to join you:
Sunshine Disney Meet Planning Thread (http://www.sunshinerewardsforum.com/showthread.php?t=7620)

sammielynn
04-07-2008, 09:01 PM
Mom2aPrincess, thanks. Just posted. Will see what happends.

Mom2aPrincess
04-19-2008, 10:26 PM
Just a friendly bump for all of us August SR members. Would love to have a few join in and share a photopass CD. :)

catnapfan
04-20-2008, 10:33 AM
I've been pondering this for a while and think that I would like to join your photopass share. We will be there Aug. 25-30. I was wondering how do we go about paying for it?

Mom2aPrincess
04-20-2008, 10:49 AM
I've been pondering this for a while and think that I would like to join your photopass share. We will be there Aug. 25-30. I was wondering how do we go about paying for it?

I would love to have you join in. In the December Photopass Share we did, everyone paid via paypal or money order.

catnapfan
04-20-2008, 11:04 AM
OK- count me in. You may need to walk me through the paypal part when we get to that point. I use paypal when I buy things on ebay but don't really know how it works.

Mom2aPrincess
04-20-2008, 11:36 AM
Great. I've added you to the first thread. Looks like we're up to 3 people (me, you, and lucymews). This would make the cost about $34 for the CDs and then the shipping fee (much cheaper than the $99-$125 each).

I'll be glad to send you instructions when the time comes. I figure we'll leave it open through June or so as more people may become interested as their trip gets closer. And that will make it cheaper for all of us.