PDA

View Full Version : Who takes advantage of EMH?

zoodoyle
02-23-2008, 06:42 PM
I thought I had a plan for our trip in August, made my ADR's yesterday...but now I'm second-guessing myself. I was checking out a site (while considering if I wanted to do the TGM site) that gives the best days/worst days to go to each park - and of course, we will be at the "worst" park for almost every day we are there. Of course I realize this is just one sites interpretation, but I was curious -do you go to the park with the EMH, or do you avoid that park like the plague? We've always made use of the morning EMH, but not the evenings, since we have small kids who will never make it that late! But the train of thought I'm seeing now is to avoid the EMH totally, and hope everybody else goes there :p What do you do??!!

3dog2kidmom
02-23-2008, 07:12 PM
We have made use of morning EMH at the Magic Kingdom a few times, and I think at the Studios once. It was a great way to get a few things in with lighter crowds.

We did evening EMH at Epcot once and all I can say is that the lines for food (we only wanted to do World Showcase that night) were REALLY long at CS places.

DH and I are tentatively planning a quick mom & dad only getaway in early May, and plan to use evening EMH the 2 days we are there.

Hedy
02-23-2008, 07:21 PM
EMH's are great-just show up early. :)

ligrumpygirl
02-23-2008, 10:11 PM
As a whole I skip EMH days. I have done WS once but that was when DH and I went alone.

I find other parks are emptier when there are EMH...especially in the morning.

SunshineGirl
02-23-2008, 10:23 PM
We've done well with the EMH early in the morning. But the evenings do seem really crowded. SG and the girls waited in line for almost an hour each for Soarin' and something else in Epcot.

My favorite EMH is the safari in Epcot. It's still cool enough in the morning that the animals are all out. :)

Mom2aPrincess
02-23-2008, 11:20 PM
We take advantage of morning extra hours, but haven't ever even tried the evening ones, and I avoid parks with evening magic hours. I buy park hoppers though so we can do a morning extra magic hour and then when the park starts to fill up, move on elsewhere if we like.

BTW, I :heart: TGM and highly recommend you check out his advice if you really want firm good advice. I just booked us a trip for August and after putting down the downpayment, I then went to TGM and subscribed so I could plan park days (before I thought about ADRs)!

Magical JenK
02-25-2008, 10:55 AM
We've done the EMH in the evenings as DH is not a morning person! :rotfl: We very much enjoyed the EMH evenings, but it was September so maybe that's why it didn't seem too busy to us??

But for my April girl's trip we're hoping to be a Park Commando at least one EMH morning!! Neither of us have never been to a park for rope drop & we'd like to!! Just to say we have!! :p

arob414
02-25-2008, 11:17 AM
We have done the early morning one, my girls were younger and woke up way early so that was easiest. It is nice to be there, early in the am, with nearly no one around. We ate breakfast, each day, at one of bakeries before the park opened. After the hour was up we moved to a different park. This year, the girls are older, sleep later and we are going to try some late nights. Altho DD12 said WDW, at night, was creepy. That is funny because I think it is beautiful at night with all the twinkling lights and that is what creeped her out.

linanglab
02-25-2008, 11:21 AM
We use early EMH alot and get LOTS done in that 1 hour. We use our hpopers to go to another park if it gets busy. We did go to 1 evening EMH this past trip. The kids LOVED it. They were a little older this trip and they did well. It was open until 2 am. Even Splash was a walk on. After the first hour, things were not busy at all.

And our trips are the week of July 4th, so that may make a difference in crowds.

m 'n c
02-25-2008, 11:53 AM
We tried 2 years ago with both morning and evening EMH. We found the morning ones to be great especially for fantasy land in MK. We did not like the evening hours and will probably skip those this year with the exception of AK as that part closes too early normally.