PDA

View Full Version : YEA!! Got my ADRs!!

Mom2aPrincess
02-24-2008, 03:43 PM
I'm so excited! I checke my email this morning when I woke up and had an email from my TA that she was able to book all of my dining wishes for our trip in August to celebrate Cameron's 8th birthday!! :cooldance:

We'll be eating at:
Hollywood & Vine (we like this one and LOVE Fantasmic so it's a recurring choice)
Coral Reef (one of my favorites and so far both trips we've been able to sit by the window)
Chef Mickey's (this one is Cameron's favorite so we're going on her actual birthday for dinner)
San Angel Inn (our vote for a new restaurant to try. We decided on this one last trip as we rode the boat ride in Mexico)
Tony's Town Square (another new one that Becka, my dd16, and I wanted to try)
Ohana's Breakfast (this was Cameron's 2nd pick so we'll end the trip here with an early breakfast)

I have one day free and I'm trying to decide where to eat that day. We tend to get bored standing in character lines, but LOVE to meet characters so my first instince is to plan a princess meal for that day as Cameron loves the princesses, BUT we're also going to do the Behind the Seeds tour and I thought eating at Garden Grill that day (where you eat the vegatables you learn about in the tour) might be a fun experience. Decisions, decisions. I may book both and make a decision later....:rotfl:

Hedy
02-24-2008, 04:13 PM
Sounds great! I was able to get my one ADR for my August weekend this week (50's primetime).

Mom2aPrincess
02-24-2008, 04:50 PM
Congrats! I want to try 50's one day.

m 'n c
02-24-2008, 05:29 PM
I vote Garden Grill. Its a character meal with Mickey, pluto, and chip & dale. It is my mom's favorite restaurant out of all the Disney restaurants. The food is fairly good and its one of those all you can eat family style meals.

arob414
02-24-2008, 07:48 PM
Do ya'll always make ADRs? I made them for the Luau but we have always kind of winged it for the other places. We usually eat our bigger meal at lunch but away from the routine time to avoid crowds. If we were going to eat in a sit down, we would make reservations first thing when we got to the park. However, that was before the dining plan, which we aren't going to use. DD10 won't eat that much, at the Rain Forest she usually eats the free appetizer that comes with our membership. We will be there 10 days and don't eat alot of big meals to begin with and are very flexible.

m 'n c
02-24-2008, 07:56 PM
Predining plan my family would "wing it" but since the dining plan, I have read you have to make ressies so Mike and I did for our last trip and we are going to do it again this time. I think it just depends on the type of place you are trying to eat at, the time of year, and time of day.

ligrumpygirl
02-24-2008, 09:25 PM
We'll be eating at:
Hollywood & Vine (we like this one and LOVE Fantasmic so it's a recurring choice)
Coral Reef (one of my favorites and so far both trips we've been able to sit by the window)
Chef Mickey's (this one is Cameron's favorite so we're going on her actual birthday for dinner)
San Angel Inn (our vote for a new restaurant to try. We decided on this one last trip as we rode the boat ride in Mexico)
Tony's Town Square (another new one that Becka, my dd16, and I wanted to try)
Ohana's Breakfast (this was Cameron's 2nd pick so we'll end the trip here with an early breakfast)

I have done H&V (breakfast) - it was ok. Coral Reef - we are doing that in April - can't wait. CM - always a favorite. San Angel - We LOVE this place! Tony's and Ohana's Breakfast never been. You sound like you have some great places!!

Sounds great! I was able to get my one ADR for my August weekend this week (50's primetime).

LOVE LOVE LOVE 50's PT!

Do ya'll always make ADRs? I made them for the Luau but we have always kind of winged it for the other places. We usually eat our bigger meal at lunch but away from the routine time to avoid crowds. If we were going to eat in a sit down, we would make reservations first thing when we got to the park. However, that was before the dining plan, which we aren't going to use. DD10 won't eat that much, at the Rain Forest she usually eats the free appetizer that comes with our membership. We will be there 10 days and don't eat alot of big meals to begin with and are very flexible.

We always make ADR's. I hate getting shut out. I am not a happy camper when that happens!!

Mom2aPrincess
02-24-2008, 09:43 PM
I vote Garden Grill. Its a character meal with Mickey, pluto, and chip & dale. It is my mom's favorite restaurant out of all the Disney restaurants. The food is fairly good and its one of those all you can eat family style meals.

Thanks for the vote. I think I'm going to make reservations for both it and Akershus (sp?) and then make a decision closer to the date (or let one of the girls decide)

We do the dining plan so we eat a sit down meal each day. I've read that it's close to impossible to get reservations that day (and I tried for the entire time we were at Disney in December (19-30) for a breakfast OR dinner to Chef Mickey's and was never able to get one! So I do make ADRs for sure.

I have done H&V (breakfast) - it was ok. Coral Reef - we are doing that in April - can't wait. CM - always a favorite. San Angel - We LOVE this place! Tony's and Ohana's Breakfast never been. You sound like you have some great places!!

Thanks. I'm excited about trying San Angel and Tony's. And I do LOVE Coral Reef. I've read so many bad reviews, but it is truly my favorite non-character meal!

zoodoyle
02-24-2008, 10:02 PM
Those sound like great choices!! I made my adr's for the second time today (redid our whole schedule so I had to switch some things around!!). We are also going to Coral Reef, Hollywood and Vine (new to us so I'm excited to see you give it good reviews!!), Crystal Palace, Boma, RFC and Hoop Dee Doo. We'll also be there in August, but the week after you I believe :sunshine:

Mom2aPrincess
02-24-2008, 10:13 PM
Those sound like great choices!! I made my adr's for the second time today (redid our whole schedule so I had to switch some things around!!). We are also going to Coral Reef, Hollywood and Vine (new to us so I'm excited to see you give it good reviews!!), Crystal Palace, Boma, RFC and Hoop Dee Doo. We'll also be there in August, but the week after you I believe :sunshine:

Thanks. We did like Hollywood and Vine. We tried both it and Mama Melrose Fantasmic Packages in December. When I asked the girls which one they wanted to go back to (if either), neither hesistated in saying Hollywood and Vine.

I would have liked to have planned ours to start the 10th, but with back to school, that wouldn't have worked out! Not sure, if you are interested, but I'm also trying to get an August Photopass Share group together so we can share the cost of the Photopass CD. We did that here with some other SR'ers in December and it worked out great. I've already got one other person signed up.

pbhall13
02-26-2008, 07:53 PM
your ADR's look great.........I still haven't tried Coral Reef.........almost booked it for our upcoming March trip, but opted for Teppan Edo (haven't been there since 2001) so I thought my girls would be entertained! My girls also love the breakfast at Norway with the princess'. they would not like the lunch or dinner........I agree with them on the breakfast and I don't like breakfast food!

We are eating at Kona's, Teppan Edo, and cinderella's gala feast (new for us) and girls wanted to try it.....

My mouth is watering thinking about the Kona meal!!

Pamela

luvdisney00
02-27-2008, 07:18 AM
Your ADR's look really yummy! I like to make the ADRs not just out of necessity, but because we all know where we are going and we look forward to it rather than ending up disagreeing about where to eat when the day comes.

We love Ohana, Coral Reef, CM, and Garden Grill. San Angel looks so pretty when you go thru the boat ride, but since I'm allergic to green peppers, we don't do Mexican. I've always wanted to try Tony's but have never fit it in, I've heard good thing though. The Princesses were great at Ashkerhaus (sp?), but I thought the breakfast food was a letdown. It was a lot of $$ for what they offered, but with 3 girls, we were there for the princesses anyway. Are you looking at lunch? Maybe that's better food. My next trip I want to try 1900 Park Fare for Princesses. We loved CRT, but we've done it twice and that's enough.

I'm curious about the FDP though. I thought we'd try MM, but you make H&V sound tempting. I'm just in the very early stages of trying to plan a trip for this year so I'll have to look into that, but I'm excited for you. Making ADRs makes everything seem so much more set.