PDA

View Full Version : Can't decide about Tickets?

sammielynn
02-25-2008, 10:18 AM
We will be heading to Disney in late May. Flights are booked, condo is booked, car rental is booked. About all I have left to decide on are the tickets. Here is my problem, I just cannot decide what to buy. For the past several years we have not had to buy tickets because of our friends in Orlando. If they don't work at Disney they know someone who does and we have gotten in free for about three years. When we get in free we only have one or two days at most and many of our contacts no longer work for Disney. But this year we are skipping Universal and doing all Disney. Now back to the tickets......

I can buy three 4 day hoppers(my family must hop) for 260 each or
I can buy three 7 day hoppers with water parks and more that never expire for $402 each. The seven day tickets are $426 (total) more than the 4 day tickets but we can use them for two or three years. If I use my tax rebate (I use this sort of thing for pleasure purchases anyway) to purchase the tickets we will come out fairly well.
What would you do?

arob414
02-25-2008, 10:40 AM
I would buy the never expire ones. We haven't been since the change in tickets but we always bought more than we would use and save the rest for another trip. Kind of cost savings measure in preparation for increase in cost plus each day gets cheaper as you buy a bigger ticket.

m 'n c
02-25-2008, 10:42 AM
If you have the money and it doesn't strain the budget then get the non-expiring ones. I have often thought about it but since Mike and I's trips get longer and longer there is no real use to get a 10 day and use 8 in one trip.

Magical JenK
02-25-2008, 10:47 AM
I agree. Do the non-expiring ones if your budget allows. This way if you don't use all days (which it sounds like you won't) you can use those tickets for next time!! Have fun!!

sammielynn
02-26-2008, 08:01 AM
Thanks, you sort of helped me go over the edge. I was afraid that my logic was just off, but I've watched you guys for a long time and trust you.

askomsky
02-26-2008, 09:07 AM
It sounds like you've made up your mind, but I do agree with the others.If you know your going back it just makes sense, since it saves money in the long run.

LCS3
02-26-2008, 09:31 AM
It sounds like you've already made your decision, but just to give you some reassurance......

If you get the non-expiring ones and you don't use everyday then you'll have a jump start on your next vacation. The more days you buy the cheaper it gets per day, so it is better to have left overs for next time then not enough for this time! It could become quite costly if once at Disney you decided the 4day tickets weren't enough and wanted to add on other tickets.:angel:

chipndale
02-26-2008, 12:10 PM
Just my 2 cents - I would go with the nonexpiring tickets if your budget permits. You never know when you might get in an extra trip and those nonexpiring days sure can come in handy. Unless we purchase an annual pass, we always get the 10 day nonexpiring tickets! Just this past December, I was able to go with my mom for a quick 3 day trip and I didn't need to purchase any tickets for myself or my 2 kids. I just used up all the tickets we had. :cooldance:

h2odancer
03-19-2008, 09:30 PM
I am also thinking about getting the non-expiring tickets. If I get the non-expiring tickets for us, can other family members use them too...or are they made out to a particular person's name and we only use them?

ligrumpygirl
03-19-2008, 09:39 PM
I am also thinking about getting the non-expiring tickets. If I get the non-expiring tickets for us, can other family members use them too...or are they made out to a particular person's name and we only use them?

Once they are used by one person - they are non-transferable. You need to put your finger into their imaging system (I forgot the name of it!) so they tickets can't be passed around.