PDA

View Full Version : Book Clubs

jnorth1007
06-05-2007, 08:17 PM
Tricia,

Can you see what other book clubs you can come up with for offers? I completed my commitment for literary guild and for children's book of the month club and mailed off my letters to end my relationship. I love these book clubs. I was going to try the mystery one but you have to order like 7 books the first time and then a commitment of 4 more over 2 years. That is a lot of books and I couldn't find 7 books I liked enough to order. Any other book club offers up your sleeve?? I did Zooba and Quality Paperbacks already. THANKS!

3dog2kidmom
06-05-2007, 08:31 PM
Tricia,

Can you see what other book clubs you can come up with for offers? I completed my commitment for literary guild and for children's book of the month club and mailed off my letters to end my relationship. I love these book clubs. I was going to try the mystery one but you have to order like 7 books the first time and then a commitment of 4 more over 2 years. That is a lot of books and I couldn't find 7 books I liked enough to order. Any other book club offers up your sleeve?? I did Zooba and Quality Paperbacks already. THANKS!

Did you do the Cookbooks one? I got mine yesterday and LOVE them!!

jnorth1007
06-05-2007, 08:41 PM
I didn't I keep going in and putting them in my basket and then changing my mind. I would get so much more use out of 15.00 worth of books to read :rotfl:

3dog2kidmom
06-05-2007, 08:48 PM
I didn't I keep going in and putting them in my basket and then changing my mind. I would get so much more use out of 15.00 worth of books to read :rotfl:

I have so many cookbooks... I just love to look at the pretty pictures and wish someone would fix those gorgeous dishes for me!!!

I do love to cook, but alas no time. When would I do SR??

The Cheshire Cat
06-05-2007, 08:49 PM
Question - besides Zooba - any other book club like that one that doesn't automatically send you books in the mail every month? I'd love to try another club that I don't have to send stuff back....................

jnorth1007
06-05-2007, 09:01 PM
All the ones I did had monthly books but I was able to do everything online. I keep the bookmarks for each site in my favorites and every week I check the websites to see if they have my monthly cards up and if so I send my decline right then and there. Haven't had a problem yet. All of the ones I got on here had the option of receiving your monthly selections online and in the mail. I usually had declined the selection before the mailer even showed up at my door. HTH!

The Cheshire Cat
06-08-2007, 10:11 AM
All the ones I did had monthly books but I was able to do everything online. I keep the bookmarks for each site in my favorites and every week I check the websites to see if they have my monthly cards up and if so I send my decline right then and there. Haven't had a problem yet. All of the ones I got on here had the option of receiving your monthly selections online and in the mail. I usually had declined the selection before the mailer even showed up at my door. HTH!

Thanks! I went ahead and joined the Literary guild one and got credit very fast! The selection of books looks good! Nice summer reading! Now I cannot wait to get my hands on that new Janet Evonovich book!

jnorth1007
06-08-2007, 10:17 AM
I really loved Literary Guild. I had them for about 2 years. They have good sales and excellent customer service. Twice I thought they had automatically charged my card and they hadn't so my payment was late. I made the payment online as soon as I realized they hadn't charged me yet. They went back and credited both late fees without me even asking them to. They also have excellent sales. Enjoy! :sunshine2: