PDA

View Full Version : DVC at the Contemporary

m4travels
02-26-2008, 09:43 AM
News Flash!

This really doesn't do much for me, but I know there are some who have been anxiously waiting!

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/business/custom/tourism/orl-contemporary2608feb26,0,6462018.story

PSL1013
02-26-2008, 03:40 PM
Well, they are finally admitting it :rotfl: ....no surprise to the rest of us DVC members though, as we all knew what they were building! :rotfl: No interest for me in owning this, I'm perfectly satisfied with my BCV. :heart:

linanglab
02-26-2008, 04:00 PM
Okay....the Contemporary is a resort that I have not ever wanted to go to before. However, lately, I have wanted to because of the location and the monorail going through it. I think having a DVC would be awesome there! But I would have to win it....so....looks like I won't be going there soon!

Soccer Princess
02-26-2008, 09:02 PM
I would LOVE to own DVC there! Now we just need to win the lottery lol! :)

ligrumpygirl
02-26-2008, 09:10 PM
I think I will stick with my SSR! I like my low point nights!

~Kathie
03-01-2008, 11:35 AM
I've stayed at the Contemporary (not on points) and it's great. We had a Magic Kingdom View and loved it. The hotel is a little noisy with Chef Mickey's and the monorail going through........but we knew that.

I'm betting this DVC is going to be popular but the points are going to be high.
I'm looking forward to trying it out.

disney_girl
03-01-2008, 11:53 AM
I know there are a lot of DVC owners that have been waiting for this.

Those of you who own DVC, do you always stay in your home resort? Or do you try out different resorts?

Our home is SSR and we really do love it. I always think of trying out other resorts, but always go back to SSR. I'm sure the low points is a big draw- those points are very valuable to me! I do have some interest in trying out the Wilderness Lodge someday though! We have used points at the Grand Californian and that hurt- those were high points. Maybe we can get a contract there too (wishful thinking lol).

PSL1013
03-01-2008, 12:14 PM
I know there are a lot of DVC owners that have been waiting for this.

Those of you who own DVC, do you always stay in your home resort? Or do you try out different resorts?

Our home is SSR and we really do love it. I always think of trying out other resorts, but always go back to SSR. I'm sure the low points is a big draw- those points are very valuable to me! I do have some interest in trying out the Wilderness Lodge someday though! We have used points at the Grand Californian and that hurt- those were high points. Maybe we can get a contract there too (wishful thinking lol).

Our home is the BCV and I really have no desire to try any of the other resorts, the reason being is because we spend the majority of our time at Epcot, so being so close and within walking distance, it is very convenient! :love:

ligrumpygirl
03-01-2008, 01:27 PM
We only stay at our home (SSR). The only time we ventured out was to OKW for a short trip - it was the low points that made us do that. We love our home...it suits all of our needs!