PDA

View Full Version : Southwest Rapid Rewards

m 'n c
02-26-2008, 10:02 AM
Has anyone ever redeemed their SWA Rapid Rewards? I finally have enough Amex points for 2 tickets (took 2.5 years and lots of ordering food at work) and I am interested in using them for our trip in September. I'm just wondering how restrictive they are with when you can use them (ie blackout dates/times).

chipndale
02-26-2008, 11:28 AM
Congratulations on a free ticket. Although I have never had enough of credits to redeem for a free flight, my father has done it twice. I am not sure if it will be the same for you or not. Both times he has flown enough of times and was emailed a confirmation number to be used for his free flight. Since he is not the computer person, I helped him redeem them and I had no trouble getting the flight/times he wanted. It was easier to redeem his free flight than when I had earned one with Delta. SW has certain blackout days(not alot) and other than that if there is a seat available on the plane it is yours. Good Luck.

m 'n c
02-27-2008, 11:53 AM
Thanks for the update. I don't think mid-Sept is a big travel month so I'm thinking it won't be too restrictive but you never know.