PDA

View Full Version : Saving up to buy my lady an engagement ring

gderooy
08-03-2011, 02:08 AM
Hello all I joined this site on August 1st with the hopes of getting a little more money every month in order to put away for an engagment ring for my beautiful girlfriend Erika. I have already saved a thousand so far in the last year of working while still in college. I hope that this site will help me save a little more in order to get her a ring that she truly deserves

Thanks!

Garrett DeRooy

gderooy
08-03-2011, 02:10 AM
after my second day on this site I have eclipsed the $10.00 mark. This site is awesome!

:cooldance:

I think my goal for the first month is to become a super member before the end of the quarter in September. On my way to the $100.00 mark!

secretmoney
08-03-2011, 06:34 AM
It's easy to earn here. Good Luck and Welcome!

SunshineGirl
08-03-2011, 08:17 AM
That may be one of the best uses that I have ever heard for Sunshine Rewards money. :)

couponqueen
08-03-2011, 08:49 AM
Awesome! and, once you've got that ring you can start saving for a Disney honeymoon....:)

DarcyDog
08-03-2011, 10:31 AM
Awesome! and, once you've got that ring you can start saving for a Disney honeymoon....:)

:welcome: I was thinking the same thing!

spring
08-03-2011, 04:35 PM
What a unique and wonderful goal! We're all rooting for you! :cooldance::cooldance::cooldance:

gderooy
08-03-2011, 05:35 PM
Thanks everyone. How do you guys get your total earnings at the bottom of your messages in the forums? Thats pretty cool

speechteachri
08-03-2011, 08:04 PM
Excellent...nice to meet you...I wish SR had a "like" button!!!!:sunshine:

mmm611
08-03-2011, 08:06 PM
Thanks everyone. How do you guys get your total earnings at the bottom of your messages in the forums? Thats pretty cool

That is an awesome use for your earnings!

To get the banner, first you need to get the code for that. Go the the Sunshine Rewards page, then look under Member Zone and Refer Friends. Choose one of the banners (they usually take a few days to update) and copy all of the text. CTRL + A is good for this and copy the text.

In the forum, at the top you should see USER CP on the far left of the blue bar at the top. Go there, On the box at the left, click EDIT SIGNATURE. Paste your referral banner in there and save.

I think you need to have 25 posts for the signature to show up, so post more! Good luck!

gderooy
08-03-2011, 08:23 PM
awesome thanks! I'll get on those posts.

gderooy
08-05-2011, 12:54 AM
Major Setback today!

I've been having troubles with surveys and not getting credit for them. I did not receive credit for two surveys on the 3rd and almost all of the surveys yesterday.:confused:hope my luck turns around again cause I was doin so well to start

kristenrice
08-05-2011, 01:00 AM
Major Setback today!

I've been having troubles with surveys and not getting credit for them. I did not receive credit for two surveys on the 3rd and almost all of the surveys yesterday.:confused:hope my luck turns around again cause I was doin so well to start

Did you clear your cookies? There is a sticky on the Q&A thread (I think that's where it is) that explains all of the settings and such that you need for the surveys. I had the same problems too when I started out but once I set up my computer properly, the credits started rolling in.

Don't give up! We do a monthly "survey challenge" thread on the Offers and Contests board. It is a great motivator and a way to see your survey earnings add up fast.

gderooy
08-05-2011, 01:58 AM
thanks! so basically I should clear my cookies after every survey I take? I'm still trying to get the hang of this survey taking stuff. I want to get all of the surveys I complete to credit since I put the time in.

dwkay8
08-05-2011, 08:30 AM
thanks! so basically I should clear my cookies after every survey I take? I'm still trying to get the hang of this survey taking stuff. I want to get all of the surveys I complete to credit since I put the time in.

You have to wait until the survey credit has posted to your account before you can clear cookies. Otherwise, the survey won't credit.

It's a good idea to start the day by clearing cookies. Then, try GF, AMP, MV, SH, SSI, and GTM. Wait for your completed surveys to credit. Then, clear cookies again before you try SSI2 or Y2C.

Hope this helps!

gderooy
08-05-2011, 12:25 PM
yes with the clearing of cookies my surveys have been working a lot better now. Thanks everyone for the help.

I officially have over 20.00 in my first 5 days! :cooldance:

...Just have to wait 40 more days to cash out haha.

Does anyone know how much the Paypal fee is to cashout?

m 'n c
08-05-2011, 12:55 PM
There is no Paypal fee if you have the free/personal paypal account. If you sell on ebay and upgraded to a premium account (or whatever they are called) you'll be hit with a fee from paypal.

gderooy
08-05-2011, 01:35 PM
thats great to hear. This site is awesome. I know it would be pretty hard to to do but what would be an example of a gift that the super member plus people get as opposed to super members for making 250 in a month?

SunshineGirl
08-05-2011, 01:44 PM
thats great to hear. This site is awesome. I know it would be pretty hard to to do but what would be an example of a gift that the super member plus people get as opposed to super members for making 250 in a month?

Funny you mention that because the SMPlus gifts for this quarter are on their way to my house as we speak! We're hoping to get them out to the members next week. I can't say what they are, but they are TWO gifts this quarter!

In past quarters they have been anything from Smiley Cookies to Sunshine Rewards gear.

m 'n c
08-05-2011, 02:10 PM
Funny you mention that because the SMPlus gifts for this quarter are on their way to my house as we speak! We're hoping to get them out to the members next week. I can't say what they are, but they are TWO gifts this quarter!

In past quarters they have been anything from Smiley Cookies to Sunshine Rewards gear.

I am so excited to hear this. I have got to get in gear this quarter.

gderooy
08-05-2011, 02:18 PM
that is so sick.

So far I'm at 20.05 five days in. In order to get the 250 by the end of September I need to average 4.11 per day. Tough but it may be doable with a couple extra offers with my surveys.

Very excited! I really want to make this on my first month.

gderooy
08-05-2011, 09:44 PM
big turnaround from yesterday. I got all 9 surveys credited today as well as a couple of offers. :cooldance: Hope the good fortune continues into the weekend.

happymom
08-05-2011, 10:57 PM
that is so sick.

So far I'm at 20.05 five days in. In order to get the 250 by the end of September I need to average 4.11 per day. Tough but it may be doable with a couple extra offers with my surveys.

I am rooting for you! Your goal of $250.00 by the end of September is doable. You don't even need to get all 9 surveys a day to reach that goal. You are doing awesome!!:clap:

kristenrice
08-06-2011, 12:00 AM
big turnaround from yesterday. I got all 9 surveys credited today as well as a couple of offers. :cooldance: Hope the good fortune continues into the weekend.

AWESOME!!:party:

I finally got 8 surveys on July 31! I've never made all 9.....good for you!

nurseminnie76
08-06-2011, 11:03 AM
:welcome: It sounds like you are off to a great start. Keep up the good work. :sunshine:

gderooy
08-07-2011, 05:01 PM
some of these surveys are quite entertaining to take I must say.

:banana:

gderooy
08-08-2011, 12:58 AM
wow! the ECN research offer gave me 2.50 for taking a 10 minute survey. cash money:cooldance: does anyone else know some great offers that hand out over a dollar?

gderooy
08-08-2011, 01:01 AM
1st week in the bag. It has taken me less time to come to enjoy this site and what it has to offer. So far I'm at a little over 31.00. Just like to say thanks to the makers of the site because you are doing a good thing here for everyone involved. :cooldance:

poshpartymommy
08-08-2011, 10:51 AM
Wow! You have more than I have and I have been a member since April. I really should put more effort into finding more time to get these surveys done:o because they do pay off. However, when I do have a moment I get all that I can get done. And I do believe that a little bit of something is better than a whole lot of nothing.;)

gderooy
08-10-2011, 02:26 AM
very frustrating night. Got denied for all of the surveys that I tried before going to bed. Better luck tomorrow. Did past the 40.00 dollar mark today though. Onwards to 50.

jennifers
08-10-2011, 09:42 PM
that is so sick.

You can do this!
I just joined at the very end of March and as of right now, by the end of the week, I should be able to do my final Disney gift card cash out before our trip for a grand total of $525. I would say 90% was just from surveys. Of course there are always little extra ways top earn like the daily scratch off and paid clicks and paid sign ups and purchases through SR links but the surveys really add up. Keep going and you will reach your goals in no time! :sunshine:

gderooy
08-11-2011, 05:30 PM
Alright, 11 days is all it took for me to reach the 50.00 mark! :cooldance:

According to my calcs, I need to avg 3.99 / day for the remaining 50 days until the end of the quarter in order to get that Super Member Plus. Woo!

Feel free to enjoy the $50 party below:

:banana::party::clap::cooldance:

gderooy
08-12-2011, 12:54 PM
alright I just started lookin into the freebie offers, which ones are the best ones to choose?:confused:

gderooy
08-14-2011, 11:35 AM
moving into to my new apartment this weekend so not much of a chance to do surveys :( hoping to catch up this coming week

gderooy
08-16-2011, 04:40 PM
been doin some serious work this week! over $65 now and pushin hard to stay on track for that super member plus. How is everyone else's month going?

happymom
08-17-2011, 07:39 AM
been doin some serious work this week! over $65 now and pushin hard to stay on track for that super member plus. How is everyone else's month going?

Congratulations! Great Job! From my past experience (have been SMP last three quarters) you are on the right track. As for me, my goal was SM for the Summer as I am busy with vacation and children. When they go back to school I get back in gear for SMP. Once again, great job! :party:

crazy4disneyrn
08-18-2011, 10:29 PM

Please do tell what you are doing to earn so fast? I have been a member since 7/25 and at at $49.95 thus far, so you have got me beat by quite a bit :rotfl::)

gderooy
08-21-2011, 10:05 PM
having a lot of troubles with the surveys this weekend:computer:

gderooy
08-22-2011, 10:36 PM
over 100 surveys in the bag as of today.

I LOVE THIS SITE!:cooldance:

cjnix32
08-24-2011, 08:07 AM
You must have great demographics! Congrats on your earnings.

crazy4disneyrn
08-27-2011, 01:21 AM
You must have great demographics! Congrats on your earnings.

I agree! I have tried like crazy the past week and have had horrible luck. I think I have 41 completed for August.

gderooy
08-27-2011, 10:49 AM
I guess they just like the fact that I'm a Hawaiian. haha. Hope everyone is doin well coming into the end of the month

gderooy
08-27-2011, 09:17 PM
as of today I have passed the $100 mark!!!! Party!

:party:

I'm still a little behind pace for the Supermember plus mark at the end of September. If I can make 250 in 2 months that would be impressive!

gderooy
08-30-2011, 10:39 PM
My first month with Sunshine Rewards has come to a close. As of now I am a little over 105! :clap: Thanks for giving me the opportunity to make this money. Appreciate it so much :woohoo:

P.S. Does anyone know how I can display how much I have made so far at the bottom of each of my posts? I see everyone elses and was hoping I could do the same

crazy4disneyrn
08-30-2011, 10:54 PM
My first month with Sunshine Rewards has come to a close. As of now I am a little over 105! :clap: Thanks for giving me the opportunity to make this money. Appreciate it so much :woohoo:

P.S. Does anyone know how I can display how much I have made so far at the bottom of each of my posts? I see everyone elses and was hoping I could do the same

Amazing!! I am at $61 in close to the same amount of time! You keep up that pace and that is $1200 a year!!:cooldance:

mmm611
08-30-2011, 11:02 PM

Check back on the first page. Since you just hit 25 posts, you might need to wait until the script runs before it's in.

You're doing fantastic!

gderooy
08-31-2011, 07:33 PM
This is sick! Got my cool signature now. Hope all is well

crazy4disneyrn
09-01-2011, 03:15 AM
This is sick! Got my cool signature now. Hope all is well

Awesome! Guess I need to get my posts up enough to get my own ticker!

gderooy
09-02-2011, 02:10 PM
Start of a new month. I got about 140 bucks to go to get the super member plus. Sounds tough. I'm gonna have to average around 4.60 a day. Here we go

kristenrice
09-02-2011, 02:51 PM
Start of a new month. I got about 140 bucks to go to get the super member plus. Sounds tough. I'm gonna have to average around 4.60 a day. Here we go

You can do it!!:sunshine:

I've done 5 surveys today and I made $4 already! I still have the SM and the SSI(2) to do which will be another $1.20 if I can get them. I usually have great success getting these when I have already gotten the first two.

gderooy
09-04-2011, 02:00 AM
over 2000 views! Thanks guys. Hope everyone is gettin that money!

gderooy
09-07-2011, 10:53 PM
in an hour it will be one week till I can cash out for the first time. I have finally come to terms with not being able to make the super member plus in two months time. Next quarter I will be able to do it for sure though. Hoping to cash out with over 150 by next week. Hope everyone is gettin that money! I wonder who will win the crazy survey contest that ended earlier today. Even more important I wonder what the prize is!

Good luck everyone:cooldance:

crazy4disneyrn
09-08-2011, 02:12 AM
in an hour it will be one week till I can cash out for the first time. I have finally come to terms with not being able to make the super member plus in two months time. Next quarter I will be able to do it for sure though. Hoping to cash out with over 150 by next week. Hope everyone is gettin that money! I wonder who will win the crazy survey contest that ended earlier today. Even more important I wonder what the prize is!

Good luck everyone:cooldance:

You always inspire me to do try and do more surveys! I hope you make your goal!

gderooy
09-09-2011, 12:50 AM
This may seem crazy but I am inspired to find that I inspire other people to better. Thanks!

DarcyDog
09-09-2011, 10:27 AM
You always inspire me to do try and do more surveys! I hope you make your goal!

I definitely agree. Your enthusiasm is infectious and just what I need. Good luck with meeting your goal--I know you will do it!

gderooy
09-20-2011, 03:13 PM
Took a few days off of survey taking to fly down to Nashville for a friend's wedding. I also was able to get my first cashout approved for 140.00. Unfortanetly I cashed out on the 16th so it could take a little longer to actually get the money. Either way I'm ready to get some surveys in starting today.

HERE WE GO!:cooldance:

gderooy
09-22-2011, 07:28 PM
I'm wondering how does Sunshine Rewards know what my paypal account is. Do they contact me to find out? This might be a dumb question but this was my first cashout so I was wondering how the general process works after getting an approved cashout

mmm611
09-22-2011, 08:18 PM
If you go to Member Zone and Edit Your Account, there is a place to enter your payment email address for Paypal.

On about Oct. 31, you should receive an email from Paypal that you've received money in your account from SR. At that point, you'll be able to either use a Paypal debit card or transfer it to your bank account.

poshpartymommy
09-30-2011, 04:09 PM
I was just checking back in to see if you have popped the question yet? or Your progress towards meeting your savings goal to pop the question? I'm hoping for a positive outcome for you.:sunshine:

gderooy
10-01-2011, 02:03 PM
haha not yet. I need to get that ring first. The good news is that I have made 200 from this and other sites taking surveys in 2 months. I believe I'm around 1500 saved up so far. Still got a ways to go I believe. But I just became a super member for the new quarter! Now my goal is to become a supermember plus for the next quarter.

gderooy
11-02-2011, 04:40 PM
Finally back in action. I have been so busy the last month with school and work that I had little if any time for surveys. But now I'm back with vengance!:cooldance: It's time to make some money!

Got my first disbursement on paypal for 140.00 a couple of days ago and transferred it over to my savings account for the ring. Got over 1,300 now in savings since starting last year! Pretty pumped!

:thanks: SUNSHINE REWARDS!