PDA

View Full Version : Let's discuss Disney

ligrumpygirl
02-26-2008, 10:49 PM
I need a DISNEY FIX! Anybody going soon and want to discuss plans? Ask questions? Tell us something fun?

3dog2kidmom
02-26-2008, 10:56 PM
Okay, I'll bite! Yes... I think I do have a trip planned soon. DH and I are talking about going down for the Flower & Garden Festival in early May. I have free credit to get there and back, have a WDW package on hold with my TA, reserved a car for the return trip since we'll fly home from Tampa, ADRs are made, and the budget is figured. I just need to finalize someone to stay with the kids and dogs and then I'll book our flights.

I'm excited about being able to go just me and DH!!!

When are you going next, Janet?

ligrumpygirl
02-26-2008, 11:06 PM
Going in April~driving for the first time!

We travel "with" our best friends - but not really! They go when we do and we meet up when we want. We travel very well "together"! No hard feelings involved!

Doing P&PP! DD6 and I are doing BBB beforehand! Thought it would be fun to get all pretty...

I have been having quite the month...Disney can't come fast enough!!

3dog2kidmom
02-26-2008, 11:09 PM
We went to the P&PP party in January -- first one. It was amazing!!! You are going to have a blast, and how fun to go to BBB with your DD. I thought I might like to do that with mine some day, too.

What ADRs do you have? And where are you staying? You're DVC, right?

I told DH it would be fun to go with friends, but we really enjoy doing our own thing and not worrying about anyone else.

Hedy
02-26-2008, 11:10 PM
I'm presently going nuts because the nephews know about the August trip, but not that I'm going (well, crashing the party for the weekend). I want to hear about my vacation day first. Argh. I told my mom last weekend when they were over it was the emotional equivalent of the potty dance-she asked if I needed to use the ladies room. :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

ligrumpygirl
02-26-2008, 11:14 PM
We went to the P&PP party in January -- first one. It was amazing!!! You are going to have a blast, and how fun to go to BBB with your DD. I thought I might like to do that with mine some day, too.

What ADRs do you have? And where are you staying? You're DVC, right?

I told DH it would be fun to go with friends, but we really enjoy doing our own thing and not worrying about anyone else.

Like I said, we go with them but can go 3 days without seeing them - it's great! But if the kids get antsy and need some play time we have a built in friend!

I did P&PP in August with DD but my DH and DS have never been so it should be fun.

We are DVC and staying at SSR...our home!

Our ADRs: Turf Club, CM, Concourse Steakhouse (our final meal there :( ), 1900 Park Fair, Coral Reef. I may be missing one. We eat lunch and breakfast in the room and sometimes 1 dinner. We have a full kitchen in the room.

3dog2kidmom
02-26-2008, 11:16 PM
I'm presently going nuts because the nephews know about the August trip, but not that I'm going (well, crashing the party for the weekend). I want to hear about my vacation day first. Argh. I told my mom last weekend when they were over it was the emotional equivalent of the potty dance-she asked if I needed to use the ladies room. :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

How fun, Heather. I love surprises like that!!

3dog2kidmom
02-26-2008, 11:18 PM
Like I said, we go with them but can go 3 days without seeing them - it's great! But if the kids get antsy and need some play time we have a built in friend!

I did P&PP in August with DD but my DH and DS have never been so it should be fun.

We are DVC and staying at SSR...our home!

Our ADRs: Turf Club, CM, Concourse Steakhouse (our final meal there :( ), 1900 Park Fair, Coral Reef. I may be missing one. We eat lunch and breakfast in the room and sometimes 1 dinner. We have a full kitchen in the room.

Sounds great. We've never eaten at Turf Club or Concourse. This time we're going to try Artist Point and San Angel Inn.

ligrumpygirl
02-26-2008, 11:26 PM

I would go nuts...I hate holding secrets!

ligrumpygirl
02-26-2008, 11:28 PM
Sounds great. We've never eaten at Turf Club or Concourse. This time we're going to try Artist Point and San Angel Inn.

Concourse is a family favorite - too bad it is closing. Turf Club is nice at SSR...quiet - usually ok to get into without ADRs.

Never done AP but our BFs love it. San Angel Inn is another family favorite but we gave it up to try CR this time.

Weluvdisny
02-26-2008, 11:33 PM
We tried the kitchen sink from Beaches and Cream and LOVED it! If you want to see it you can search for it on youtube. It was so much fun!

ligrumpygirl
02-26-2008, 11:36 PM
We have eaten there...but for various reasons I never get to eat the ice cream!! I will HAVE to get there this time...just for the ice cream!

Weluvdisny
02-27-2008, 12:29 AM
Have you eaten at Boma's? We were supposed to have breakfast there our last trip but didn't make it. It's definately on our list of things to do next time.

linanglab
02-27-2008, 06:42 AM
I also need a Disney fix. I was originally going to take Bethany on a a mom and daughter trip in July....well....things sort of have crumbled. No trip until NEXT July. SOOOOO long away. Everything is reminding me of Disney! DH brought me home a caramel/chocolate covered apple. It reminded me of the apples I so much wanted to buy at DTD last year. That commercial with the parents on the computer, and the carriage pulling up to their house is on ALL the time. I LOVE that commercial. I even hold back tears sometimes. I know....pretty sappy....

You all NEED to do Trip Reports when you all return! And I NEED to win a trip. I keep telling DH that THIS is the year that I will win a trip to WDW! Or I will take the DVC prize from YOAMD! I just want to go terribly.

pbhall13
02-27-2008, 09:04 AM
oh Angela sorry that the trip didn't work out.......just think of all the planning you will have for your long trip in july 09

As for me, we have a 'surprise' trip that we didn't expect or even think about happening........someone that I tutor for, who own dvc, cannot use some points that are expiring the end of march, and she offered them to me. It was like dangling a steak in front of a rabbied dog!!! I couldn't resist......I am going to trade tutoring for the points (she wanted to just give them to me, but I don't feel comfortable with that).

We are booked at Boardwalk for the last weekend in March. It will be me, dd8, dd5, my sister and nephew18 months. my sister and nephew will go home on a monday, but the girls and I won't leave until Tuesday!

I have ressies for Teppan Edo, Kona (my sisters request and we love it too), and 1900 Park fair (never did this so girls will enjoy it...my sister and nephew will have gone by then)

We are only going to do Epcot and MK. I don't want to go commando, since we were just there in November. Ak is okay and Mgm is fine as well, but those 2 are our least favorite.

So far I have return booked but need to get the other leg of the flight finalized by this weekend. I have a bunch of credit with southwest, so the flights shouldn't cost me anthing! (well I know it did cost something at one point, but I like to think of it as already paid/free)

Have any of you gone over to fort wilderness and done the movie and campfire with chip and dale? I always want to do this but can never fit it in. I think we may go on Monday night. Any other suggestions not park related?

thanks, pamela

ligrumpygirl
02-27-2008, 07:24 PM
Have you eaten at Boma's? We were supposed to have breakfast there our last trip but didn't make it. It's definately on our list of things to do next time.

Never eaten there but I have read a lot of good reviews.

I also need a Disney fix. I was originally going to take Bethany on a a mom and daughter trip in July....well....things sort of have crumbled.

ooohhh I feel so bad! Keeping my fingers crossed that you win something!!

Have any of you gone over to fort wilderness and done the movie and campfire with chip and dale? I always want to do this but can never fit it in. I think we may go on Monday night. Any other suggestions not park related?

I have never done the campfire but have always wanted to do it. What about mini-golf? I did it once years ago but can't wait to do it with the kids. Also what about a carriage ride at POR or FW?

arob414
02-27-2008, 07:32 PM
We have airplane reservations to leave at 9p on the day the girls get out of school (for summer) and we are staying 10 days at POFQ, our first time, there. We have tickets for P&PP, reservations for luau and at this point in time, no other reservations. I keep looking at all ya'll's ADR but we really do not eat alot on vacations, at least not all at one time, we are more grazers. Plus, I am dieting, lost 8 pounds, and I don't want to come back with extra wt as a souvenier. Our really favorite thing to do, besides ride all the rides, is to shop. The girls have been saving their money (Christmas, BD, allowance).

This will be their first time to fly, so they are very excited about that, also. We have started our vacation shopping, bought baggallinis (came yesterday, I wanted to do a dry run of packing mine), got cameras, some shoes. We will buy clothes during Spring Break.

For the past several trips, we have tried to do too much, so this is going to be a great trip. I didn't want us to have a car because I don't want us running all over Orlando like we usually do in addition to doing Disney. However, now I am thinking about doing Universal.

ligrumpygirl
02-27-2008, 08:47 PM
I always get a car but we rarely leave the grounds. I like having it to go to other resorts to eat or DTD.

I also use it as a safety thing - for me at least. If somebody gets sick we can get to the hospital or doctor. If there is ever a hurricane/weather thing/national emergency (9-11) I will already have a car to get home. Being a New Yorker I remember that horrible day when people wanted to get home to NY and couldn't find a rental car anywhere...this way I will already be prepared. I know it is not the nicest thought...but I guess seeing that all first hand, I don't want to be stuck.

arob414
02-27-2008, 08:57 PM
I always get a car but we rarely leave the grounds. I like having it to go to other resorts to eat or DTD.

I also use it as a safety thing - for me at least. If somebody gets sick we can get to the hospital or doctor. If there is ever a hurricane/weather thing/national emergency (9-11) I will already have a car to get home. Being a New Yorker I remember that horrible day when people wanted to get home to NY and couldn't find a rental car anywhere...this way I will already be prepared. I know it is not the nicest thought...but I guess seeing that all first hand, I don't want to be stuck.

You are most likely right. I didn't want a car because my best friend is going with us, we have done Disney World, together for years, and she runs me to death. She doesn't have children so she doesn't have to take care of them, me, I start getting cranky when I don't get some down time. She gets hers while I am seeing after my kids. However, they are older, this time and able to take care of theirselves, for the most part. They will even have their own baggallini to cart their stuff around in. No stroller, no extra "stuff". :cooldance:

pbhall13
02-27-2008, 09:01 PM
I have never done the campfire but have always wanted to do it. What about mini-golf? I did it once years ago but can't wait to do it with the kids. Also what about a carriage ride at POR or FW?

Ooooh the carriage ride............I forgot about those........I'll have to check that out.......the girls may like that. Mini golfing is also on my list of things that we haven't done and the girls love to mini golf. Such decisions!!!

Pamela

Hedy
02-27-2008, 09:13 PM
Still no word on the vacation day...I want to buy my darn plane tickets, book my extra night, ad plot telling the boys already.

Magical JenK
02-27-2008, 10:48 PM
Everything is reminding me of Disney! DH brought me home a caramel/chocolate covered apple. It reminded me of the apples I so much wanted to buy at DTD last year. That commercial with the parents on the computer, and the carriage pulling up to their house is on ALL the time. I LOVE that commercial. I even hold back tears sometimes. I know....pretty sappy....

You all NEED to do Trip Reports when you all return! And I NEED to win a trip. I keep telling DH that THIS is the year that I will win a trip to WDW! Or I will take the DVC prize from YOAMD! I just want to go terribly.

Isn't that the way it ALWAYS goes?! There are reminders of Magic EVERYWHERE...and if you know you're not going as soon as you had hoped it gets even worse! What about those dang antenna Mickeys?! I love seeing them, but it's like they're stabbing me in the heart when my trip is so far away.

I'm very excited about my super spectacular girls weekend in April though! I really never expected to be able to go more than once in a year! My friend is another huge Disney fan (just like all of us), so I know we'll just have such a great time!! We actually planned our first day yesterday!! Normally, neither of us plan anything but the ADR for the day, but since we leave here so early (6am), we KNOW we'll be beat by nightfall & don't want to be miserable. So we decided to go to DTD after we check in & SHOP!! :cooldance: Then we'll have lunch at Earl of Sandwich...never been there...I've heard it's good. Then we'll head back for a nap/rest/swim & later get ready for EPCOT & our Coral Reef dinner! Woo hoo!! But that's it...nothing else much planned except meeting up w/Traci, Janet & (hopefully) Kerry!!

I'm so glad we all have each other in talking about Disney...because I could honestly find a way to talk about it everyday!!

Oh & Angela--I hope you win a trip too! :wizard: And when I win the DVC YOMD prize, I'll bring you & Bethany for trip k?! :p

BTW...does everyone remember the drawing for the SR cruise is coming up super fast too!!! I wonder who will win??????????:sunshine:

ligrumpygirl
02-27-2008, 11:05 PM
You are going to EARL????? LOVE that place! It is amazing!!!!

Don't you worry about that cruise...I am winning it. Don't want you all to be watching your email...

linanglab
02-28-2008, 06:40 AM
Isn't that the way it ALWAYS goes?! There are reminders of Magic EVERYWHERE...and if you know you're not going as soon as you had hoped it gets even worse! What about those dang antenna Mickeys?! I love seeing them, but it's like they're stabbing me in the heart when my trip is so far away.

Oh & Angela--I hope you win a trip too! :wizard: And when I win the DVC YOMD prize, I'll bring you & Bethany for trip k?! :p

BTW...does everyone remember the drawing for the SR cruise is coming up super fast too!!! I wonder who will win??????????:sunshine:

I do "see" Disney in something everyday. Sad in one aspect because I want to go so bad, but fun too.

If you take Bethany and me on a trip with your winnings.....YIPPEE!!!!! Wouldn't that be neat of someone on SR won that DVC prize? I prefer it to be me, (:rotfl: )but I would be so excited also for someone on SR!

Almost 4 weeks away is the drawing! Cannot WAIT until that day!

pbhall13
02-28-2008, 08:36 AM
one way my girls like to 'take a walk down disney memory lane' is that they look over the brochures that you can get at the front of each park......

They are sitting on the dining room table as we speak......they love to talk about the rides they went on, knew things they might want to try, and the typical 'do you remember when....'

It's always fun to have a little disney in your life!!

Pamela

3dog2kidmom
02-28-2008, 08:50 AM
I'm very excited about my super spectacular girls weekend in April though! I really never expected to be able to go more than once in a year! My friend is another huge Disney fan (just like all of us), so I know we'll just have such a great time!! We actually planned our first day yesterday!! Normally, neither of us plan anything but the ADR for the day, but since we leave here so early (6am), we KNOW we'll be beat by nightfall & don't want to be miserable. So we decided to go to DTD after we check in & SHOP!! Then we'll have lunch at Earl of Sandwich...never been there...I've heard it's good. Then we'll head back for a nap/rest/swim & later get ready for EPCOT & our Coral Reef dinner! Woo hoo!! But that's it...nothing else much planned except meeting up w/Traci, Janet & (hopefully) Kerry!!

I'm so glad we all have each other in talking about Disney...because I could honestly find a way to talk about it everyday!!

Oh & Angela--I hope you win a trip too! And when I win the DVC YOMD prize, I'll bring you & Bethany for trip k?!

Jen it sounds like an awesome first day!! I wish we were going a little sooner so we could meet up, too.

You will LOVE your Coral Reef dinner. Have you eaten there before? I have some video clips of the aquariums and love watching them to remember. Also LOVED the sandwiches at EARL :) Are you going to have ice cream at Ghirardelli, too?

Me!! LOL. Are you still thinking about coming with?

Hedy
02-28-2008, 04:19 PM
Squee! Got my vacation day-there will be booking tonight...and I get to tell the boys on Sunday!

linanglab
02-28-2008, 04:28 PM
Squee! Got my vacation day-there will be booking tonight...and I get to tell the boys on Sunday!

That is SOOOO fun! I love booking. I love planning. I love doing ADR's. I love dreaming about the upcoming vacation. It is ALL so fun! Enjoy!

catnapfan
02-28-2008, 05:39 PM
I just found this thread and really enjoy living my Disney dreams vicariously through all of you. We normally go to WDW every year but this year DH really wants to go to South Dakota. I don't understand choosing Mount Rushmore over Mickey but I guess I can let him have his way this one time. He doesn't know though that I'm secretly trying to sneak in a short Disney vacation in October- that is, if I don't win the SR cruise!

Magical JenK
02-28-2008, 05:43 PM
Jen it sounds like an awesome first day!! I wish we were going a little sooner so we could meet up, too.

You will LOVE your Coral Reef dinner. Have you eaten there before? I have some video clips of the aquariums and love watching them to remember. Also LOVED the sandwiches at EARL :) Are you going to have ice cream at Ghirardelli, too?

Me!! LOL. Are you still thinking about coming with?

I wish you were going to be there then too so we could have a really big mini meet up!! Oh well!! Maybe next year!! :angel:

Yes, we've both eaten at Coral Reef before. I loved staring at the fish!! So mesmerizing!! I've never been to Earl, but my friend has so I'll take any suggestions there!! Not sure if we'll have Ghirardelli or not...I still never have!!

arob414
02-28-2008, 07:00 PM
Okay, we have never been to Earl of Sandwich, but just looked at menu and we are going. That is my kind of food. We aren't big meal eater. Those sandwiches look wonderful and I am starving.

BTW, I love this board because everyone is Disney crazy. I could talk about Disney non stop, I just contain myself because the rest of the people around me think I am nuts.:rotfl:

Alice28
02-28-2008, 07:01 PM
I will play! I love to talk Disney!

We're going in June and Sept. i get to buy APs for DD and I this time, cause she's going with me both times (DSs and DH are going somewhere else in Sept).

June- first 3 nights just DH and the kids and I at Shades of Green. We don't get there til about midnight, so we will crash. (friday the 13th, eek). Saturday is DH's bday and we plan on doing Benihana for dinner. Spend the day just relaxing, maybe minigolf or shop at DtD. SUnday we will go to water park and I'm not sure what we will do for dinner. Either the buffet at Shades, or maybe go to Chick Fil A. Yum.

Monday is our first official park day.We also are checking into BWV this day! We added the DDP for the rest of the trip. I subscribed to Tour Guide Mike and followed his recommendations for parks. We're going to Epcot. Soaring, Turtle Talk, etc. Probably try Sunshine Seasons for lunch. My parents come in the afternoon. We are going to Garden Grill for dinner- any thoughts for this one? it's a first for us.

Tuesday- Animal Kingdom, lunch at Yak n Yeti sit down. Narcoossee's for dinner.

Weds- MK! Lunch at probably Columbia Harbour House. Dinner with friends at 1900 Park Fare (girls); guys are going to Biergarten.

Thursday- Disney Studios. Dinner at CA Grill with DH and some other friends.

Friday- We might head to Epcot for a just a few hours in the AM this day, not sure. We are definitely going in the afternoon- we have a girls night out dinner at le Cellier with about 12 of my friends who I am meeting with this weekend.The rest of my crew is going to Teppan Edo to eat.

Saturday- MK in AM. Akershus for dinner.

Sunday- Disney Studios in AM for some Star Wars weekend stuff. My boys are so excited! Sunday night- dinner at Cape May.

monday- DH has to go home. :( We're taking a break day this day, swimming, maybe a little DtD. My parents are going to Rose and Crown for dinner, I am meeting some friends at Beaches n Cream.

Tuesday- Animal Kingdom. We have a breakfast ADR at Tusker House. ??? for afternoon and evening.

Wednesday- MK in AM and PM (with afternoon siesta at hotel). Crystal Palace for dinner. Stay for parade and fireworks.

Thursday- end with fave park (probably Epcot or DS for quick access back to BWV), have to leave at about 2 for ME/airport.

All I really know for Sept trip is that our dates are 9/20-27, first night at Pop, rest of time at BWV. :cooldance: Want to buy MNSSHP tickets if dates are available for our time.

JOLAROCHE
02-28-2008, 08:41 PM
The food at the Earl of Sandwich is really good and reasonable. We are not going there this time. I do not think we will even go to downtown disney. I also love the planning and dreaming. Sometimes I think that is what keeps me going when I have a bad day. My favorite say is Dorys. Just keep swimming Just keep swimming. This saying always makes me feel better.

ligrumpygirl
02-28-2008, 08:46 PM
EARL! I am drooling right now...here are my favorite:

The Full Montagu - roast beef and turkey with cheddar and Swiss cheese, romaine lettuce, tomato and mustard sauce

DH loves:
The All American - roast turkey, buttermilk ranch, cranberries, cheddar cheese, lettuce and tomato.

Their potato salad used to be so good with mustard but they changed it. The cole slaw is very good.

I keep saying I want to try the meatball one but I can't get myself to change! I think with the kitchen in SSR, I will buy it and bring it back to the fridge as a snack later!

pbhall13
02-28-2008, 08:59 PM
you are all making me hungry........I just started to low carb it and all I can think about is a sandwich/sub realllllllll bread with anything in it from Earle!! Those sandwiches are great.........I too like the all american one!!!! Yummy!!

Have any of you done the breakfast at Cape May? How is it........we may add this in on my sisters last day.

Pamela

arob414
02-28-2008, 09:09 PM
you are all making me hungry........I just started to low carb it and all I can think about is a sandwich/sub realllllllll bread with anything in it from Earle!! Those sandwiches are great.........I too like the all american one!!!! Yummy!!

Pamela

I am doing low carb, also. All this talk about bread is driving me crazy! And, it seems no matter which board I read, SR or Dis, the big topic is food. Or, does it seem that way because I am dieting?:rotfl:

Hedy
02-28-2008, 09:30 PM
EARL! I am drooling right now...here are my favorite:

The Full Montagu - roast beef and turkey with cheddar and Swiss cheese, romaine lettuce, tomato and mustard sauce

DH loves:
The All American - roast turkey, buttermilk ranch, cranberries, cheddar cheese, lettuce and tomato.

Their potato salad used to be so good with mustard but they changed it. The cole slaw is very good.

I keep saying I want to try the meatball one but I can't get myself to change! I think with the kitchen in SSR, I will buy it and bring it back to the fridge as a snack later!

I love the Caprese.

ligrumpygirl
02-28-2008, 09:31 PM
Now on your trip, you can have one, Heather. So glad you are going!!! Happy planning!!!!!!!

Magical JenK
02-28-2008, 11:14 PM
Ok, found the menu! I'm having either the Earl's Club w/no cheese or the BLT...YUMMM...both sound so good. I remember I walked into there one day when I was shopping by myself, but I didn't get anything....

ligrumpygirl
02-28-2008, 11:26 PM
How could you walk out of there!? YIKES! FYI the lines look long but they go so fast!!

pbhall13
03-02-2008, 01:43 AM
Is anyone planning anything new on their upcoming trip (besides a new food place)? I am thinking of mini golf or chip and dale campfire then movies. Am looking for some other NEW things to try

Pamela

catnapfan
03-02-2008, 09:55 AM
We are considering doing the Keys to the Kingdom tour on our next visit. DH is very interested in seeing the Utilidors and I guess I am too. I just worry that at over 4 hours long the tour will really cut into our park touring time. Guess we'll just have to add another day on to our vacation. We did mini golf a few years ago (only because it was free with our package.) It was OK and the theming was neat but in the end it was just mini golf. I would much rather spend my time in the parks!

kerry34
03-02-2008, 11:24 AM
I just finally got to read this whole thread and all I can say is I am craving a roast beef sandwich like there is no tomorrow!! I am definately going to try Earl of Sandwich on our upcoming trip. In all the years we have been going to Disney, we have never tried it. Not sure why really. So this time will be a first for me. After that maybe I will top it off with a Sundae from Ghiradelli:heart: Oh god I can feel my waistline expanding as we speak!!!!

On a totally different note, DD15 and I were discussing things we would love to do that we havent yet and Keys to the Kingdom tour was tops on both of our list. I know that we probably wont be able to do it on this trip because my 8 yr olds would definately not enjoy it. It gives us a good excuse to go back and do it someday...not that we ever really need excuses to go back again and again, right?

This time around, we may go to Blizzard Beach, since we have never been, or maybe miniature golfing. The other thing I would love to do is the campfire at FW. I am saving that for a trip when it is just my immediate family and we stay onsite. This upcoming trip consists of 12 of us, including my mom and her three sisters and my 15 yr old cousin. Next trip I plan will just be my kids and DH and myself so we will be staying onsite for that one.

Other than that April cannot get here fast enough for me. My kids are so excited about this trip and every day at least one of them talks about it, and frankly most of our dinner conversations ends up on the subject as well. I think I have turned my kids into fanatics as well!!!

3dog2kidmom
03-02-2008, 11:32 AM
Is anyone planning anything new on their upcoming trip (besides a new food place)? I am thinking of mini golf or chip and dale campfire then movies. Am looking for some other NEW things to try

Pamela

Not what you are looking for, but new for us is going on a quick trip without the kids! We've traveled before without them, but not to Disney. I'm looking forward to some adult-time in the parks without having to balance what each of them want to do.

We did the Chip & Dale campfire in June and it was a lot of fun. We didn't stay for the movie, though.

Magical JenK
03-02-2008, 12:32 PM
New for us (DFriend Amy & I) for this trip is that we want to go to the parks in the (GASP) morning!! :0) When we travel to WDW w/our DH's, we are on vacation & take our time. But this girls weekend we may just become park commandos!! ha!! We'd like to go to at least one rope drop! Just to say we have & see what it's all about.

We thought about doing a tour, but not sure if we will. All I know is that this trip will be soooo different than either of us have ever experienced w/our DH's.

DH & I have gone mini golfing & done the water parks before. We've also done Disney Quest & La Nuba. They're all fun! Although we enjoyed Tyhpoon Lagoon better than Blizzard Beach.

Ooh I can't wait! Today is the 45 day mark!! :0)

Hedy
03-02-2008, 01:20 PM
Jen, I highly recommend the tours. I loved my Yuletide Tour, and my brother and DSIL really liked WS segway and AK Wild by design tours.

sammielynn
03-02-2008, 01:27 PM
We are going to try two new things this year! Decided to do a water park and the Pirate and Princess Party. My sons are getting older and I'm afraid that this will be our last family Disney trip.
DS 18 will be leaving Community College(I should say my Community College, I get to see him every day at school) for his University this fall so I may never get to take him on another vacation. It's sort of sad but he is going into the ministry so I have to let him go. Some things are out of a Mother's hands.

linanglab
03-02-2008, 06:19 PM
You all are talking about planning....I need to DEplan! I cancelled my Pop reservation last month. Friday I got in the mail welcome type kit from WDW. It had my dates in July that I was supposed to go etc. I guess I need to call and cancel again....however it is tempting to NOT cancel! :angel:

kerry34
03-02-2008, 08:13 PM
You all are talking about planning....I need to DEplan! I cancelled my Pop reservation last month. Friday I got in the mail welcome type kit from WDW. It had my dates in July that I was supposed to go etc. I guess I need to call and cancel again....however it is tempting to NOT cancel! :angel:

I am sorry you have to cancel. I have been there myself. It is a bit depressing isnt it? You will be able to go again another time though right?

T1nkrules
03-09-2008, 07:20 PM
We've been to Earl of Sandwich-VERY GOOD! and La Nouba (sp?)...and the Seeds tour. That was pretty interesting. This time we are doing the Hoop De Doo Musical Revue. I heard it's hilarious. We want to see Fantasmic at MGM (now re-named), and we are also going to The Sci-Fi Dinner theatre. Of course, each breakfast will be a character theme! :mickey: :minnie: Stitch Breakfast at the Poly, Breakfast with DD at AK and Chef Mickey's!!!! We want to try the Yak and Yeti if possible. And we want to ride the Dinosauer in AK....so much to do! :rotfl:

linanglab
03-09-2008, 07:35 PM
I am sorry you have to cancel. I have been there myself. It is a bit depressing isnt it? You will be able to go again another time though right?

We usually go every other year. I was going to take a special trip with DD this summer on our "off" year to WDW. Money is NOT rolling in, although I think I could manage it. But I have issues with going and NOT having DH blessing. He was not very excited about me going....So....I will not be going....however, it is still tempting since I have not called and cancelled yet! LOL

luvdisney00
03-11-2008, 02:13 PM
Anyone want to give me your thoughts on MNSSHP? We will be there for one of the dates in Sept., but DH thinks we should skip it and go somewhere else instead. I'm not sure, the idea of dragging costumes in Sept....but it does sound like fun. What to do???? (BTW, my girls are 5, 10 & 13)

m 'n c
03-11-2008, 02:20 PM
Anyone want to give me your thoughts on MNSSHP? We will be there for one of the dates in Sept., but DH thinks we should skip it and go somewhere else instead. I'm not sure, the idea of dragging costumes in Sept....but it does sound like fun. What to do???? (BTW, my girls are 5, 10 & 13)

We went 2 years ago and loved it. We went more for the ambiance than riding the rides. We did costumes (see siggy below) and this year we will be going back and doing something even simpler -> we are going to do custom t-shirts and be mouseketeers. It was really hot and it rained for a short while during our party so elaborate costumes might not be the best thing.

luvdisney00
03-11-2008, 02:47 PM
We went 2 years ago and loved it. We went more for the ambiance than riding the rides. We did costumes (see siggy below) and this year we will be going back and doing something even simpler -> we are going to do custom t-shirts and be mouseketeers. It was really hot and it rained for a short while during our party so elaborate costumes might not be the best thing.

I never realized that your siggy pic was in costume. Cute! I guess DD5 will be bringing a princess costume anyway, and the big girls could probably do something simple...DH would go along if I really wanted to...I think I'll read up on it some more. Are you going Fri 9/19? That's when we would be going.

m 'n c
03-11-2008, 03:10 PM
I never realized that your siggy pic was in costume. Cute! I guess DD5 will be bringing a princess costume anyway, and the big girls could probably do something simple...DH would go along if I really wanted to...I think I'll read up on it some more. Are you going Fri 9/19? That's when we would be going.

I'm in a fringe dress and its a tad hard to see all the fringe in that picture but its there! I would definetly do simple because the dress sucked!

We would be going on 9/27 (?) I think just because I don't know when we could/would leave on the 19th and I don't want to rush.