PDA

View Full Version : Dumb Paypal Questions

tarheelpat
08-18-2011, 11:10 PM
I've had a Paypal account for years, but I only use it with a credit card to pay for things online and to accept a Harris Poll survey payment once in a blue moon. If I do an SR cash out to Paypal, how do I get the money out if I don't want to use it for shopping online? Is there any danger of me losing it once I get it in there?

I told you it was a stupid question. TIA.

kristenrice
08-19-2011, 01:18 AM
I believe you can either request a check from PayPal or you can "link" your PayPal account to your bank account. Then, you can just transfer the money from your PP account into your bank account and withdraw it as you normally would.

I used to do the transfers, but for our last vacation, I got the PayPal debit card. It worked great! There's an app for my phone that lets me watch the balance in the account. If for some reason I accidentally "overdraw", I have my regular Visa card as the back up payment option.

RENITA
08-21-2011, 10:51 AM
I just wait and request a check when I get over $300. Since they do take a charge of $1.50 from balance to process a check, I wait to get big balance.

FROM PAYPAL
"Options Processing Time Cost
Withdraw funds to your bank account 3-4 business days Free!
Request a check from PayPal 5 - 10 Days $1.50 USD
Shop with a PayPal debit card Instant (once you get a card) Free!
Get cash out of an ATM Instant $1.00 USD "

mollyeilis
08-21-2011, 08:00 PM
I have mine linked to my bank for buying, so I just go the other way when I cash out with Sunshine. :) Takes almost no time to get into my bank (with my account I never have problems with holds or delays...your mileage with your particular bank may vary).

And I can't wait for mid-September for the next time I do this! :)