PDA

View Full Version : How is the first week of October...

aknight373
02-27-2008, 08:44 PM
My sister and I are trying to find a great time to go again,( it was great in january we didnt have lines or anything) I was thinking sept. but that is free dinning so no way...

but what about the first week of october ? wait what about the end of aug??

:rotfl: when should we go again ?

we are wanting to stay at the wl.

spring
02-27-2008, 09:10 PM
My sister and I are trying to find a great time to go again,( it was great in january we didnt have lines or anything) I was thinking sept. but that is free dinning so no way...

but what about the first week of october ? wait what about the end of aug??

:rotfl: when should we go again ?

we are wanting to stay at the wl.

That's a nice time of year, but I'd be careful about Columbus Day Weekend if you want to try to avoid some of the crowds.

kerry34
02-28-2008, 10:08 AM
I have been in October twice and found it nice temperature wise. Over the past few years it has become a more popular time for some people to go and thus a bit more crowded that it used to be. On one of our trips the we took my older kids to Mickeys Not So Scary Halloween Party and they absolutely loved it. I would love to go back and take my younger ones, but now that my oldest is in high school it would be tough for her to miss the school.
As far as August goes, I have not been but from what I have been told it is bearable crowd wise, and you need to drink lots of water and take breaks because it is very hot. If I were to make a choice between the two I would pick October. Good luck in your planning.:sunshine:

aknight373
03-08-2008, 10:23 AM
Thanks guys, i have been checking airfair out on spirit hoping to get it really really really cheap again

m 'n c
03-08-2008, 10:59 AM
I would wait till after labor day to go if you are worried about crowds. Lots of kids don't go back until after labor day.

I have never been in October so I can't comment on crowds or temperatures. I have been during Sept and during free dining and it was not bad at all. It was very hot but that is something I'm use to here in Texas. Lines were minimal -10 mins tops for most things, didn't need/use fast passes. The only thing was yes the restaurants were busy but I'd bet they were busy year round anyway so it doesn't matter.

kimbih
03-08-2008, 11:03 AM
That's usually the time of year we go. We're going again this year from 10/3 to 10/12. Like Spring said, the end of that week is Columbus Day weekend. Also, our schools have off 1 day that week for one of the Jewish Holidays. (I'm sorry, I forgot which one.) That's why we picked it....our kids will miss less school days. But that can also affect crowds....obviously not as bad as national holiday, but it could be slightly more crowded than usual at that time of year.

But on the bright side, the weather is usually great, you have Food & Wine and MNSSHP. Plus the park hours tend to be longer than September.

Good Luck!

aknight373
03-09-2008, 04:00 PM
Thanks guys!!!! I am just not sure, we went on such a great week this january with no crowds... i hope i can pick another good time to go haha