PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions for the following TS??

LuvMyBoys
02-28-2008, 10:45 AM
Ok, I'm so excited about my spur of the moment girls trip this weekend with my sister!! :cooldance: Of course we have all the adr's and stuff done but I want to keep planning and thinking about it! :)

So has anyone ate at any of the following TS restaurants and have any great picks or suggestions?

Lunch:

Turf Club at SSR
Raglan Road

Breakfast:

1900 Park Fare

Dinner:

'Ohana
Narcooses

I would love to hear any experiences!! :sunshine:

m 'n c
02-28-2008, 11:46 AM
Haven't eaten at any of those but Ohana and Raglan Road have peaked my interest for my trip.

Hedy
02-28-2008, 11:50 AM
We really liked 1900 PF for breakfast (two adults).

LuvMyBoys
02-28-2008, 02:27 PM
Haven't eaten at any of those but Ohana and Raglan Road have peaked my interest for my trip.

Ok, I will be sure to report back after our trip and let you know how we like them! I'm very excited for both. :)

LuvMyBoys
02-28-2008, 02:29 PM
We really liked 1900 PF for breakfast (two adults).

That's good to hear! We were a little nervous about going alone as two adult women with no kids with us! :)

Anything really great on the buffet that we shouldn't miss? I know the strawberry soup is popular and looks really good. Did either of you try the cheese blintzes? Is there good fresh fruit?

TIA :sunshine:

Hedy
02-28-2008, 02:44 PM
That's good to hear! We were a little nervous about going alone as two adult women with no kids with us! :)

Anything really great on the buffet that we shouldn't miss? I know the strawberry soup is popular and looks really good. Did either of you try the cheese blintzes? Is there good fresh fruit?

TIA :sunshine:

Soup was good, danishes were good. I don't recall the blintzes, sorry. The fruit was good.

Magical JenK
02-28-2008, 05:52 PM
I've been to a couple of them!!

Turf Club--really liked how quiet it was, but we sat right in the front, by the podium, by a window that over looks those who are eating outside, so DH didn't really get a good "vibe" from it. If we were to eat there again, I'd ask to be seated further in. It's not a big restaurant from what I remember, but I'd like to be a little more in...or outside even. Hmmm...as far as the food...I remember it being good, but I don't remember what I had. I'll look for the menu tonight & let you know!! But overall, thumbs up from me. It's fun to then take the boat to DTD after.

Ohanas---To quote Stacy (from the room TV you know), "YUMMY, YUMMY, YUMMY, YUMMY!" I REALLY, REALLY liked this dinner. Everything was sooo good. The salad! The wontons! The meats!! The potatoes!! DANG...maybe we need to change one of our ADRs for our girl weekend...YUMM! We ate super late & there were no Wishes that night, but the castle does change colors, so that was very fun to watch! GREAT service! I should also add, that I had one of those Lapu Lapu's in the bar when we were waiting...and well, it's STRONG, but oh so good!! Overall, A+++++++++++++++++++++++++ in my book

Narcooosee's--we did this for our anniversary dinner a few years ago. We really liked it. I had the surf & turf. It wasn't that busy when we were there, but our service wasn't the greatest. We haven't been back, but ONLY because we fell in love w/Cali Grill for our anniversary dinners now. I'd give it another A++ in my book. I'd defintely try it again if we had enough TS credits or were willing to pay OOP. I think you'll enjoy it!

Oooh do be sure to post your trip report & dining reviews! Have SOOOOOOO much fun THIS weekend!! WOW!!

ligrumpygirl
02-28-2008, 06:15 PM
Lunch:

Turf Club at SSR - LOVE this place!! Not usually too busy and may be able to get last minute ADRs or even go without them. PLUS you get to see my home away from home (SSR!)

Raglan Road - never been

Breakfast:

1900 Park Fare - never been for breakfast but their dinner is my favorite buffet

Dinner:

'Ohana - yummy!!! We loved this place. We went without the kids and it was soooooo good!

Narcooses - never been

Alice28
02-28-2008, 10:15 PM
'Ohana- we went in 2003 and it was delicious. The meat was a little dry, but not bad. Good service, and we were able to get a window seat with a view of the fireworks. We'll never forget that.

Narcoossee's- at there for the 1st time last trip. The food was absolutely delicious. I highly recommend the crab cakes as an appetizer- almost 100% crab meat, lightly sauteed- TDF. I had the filet, DH the surf and turf. And the desserts- Wow. These were our favorite desserts of the entire 10 days we were there last trip. I had the Key Lime Creme Brulee and DH had this almond crusted cherry cheesecake. He said it was one of the best desserts of his LIFE.

LuvMyBoys
02-29-2008, 10:49 AM
I've been to a couple of them!!

Turf Club--really liked how quiet it was, but we sat right in the front, by the podium, by a window that over looks those who are eating outside, so DH didn't really get a good "vibe" from it. If we were to eat there again, I'd ask to be seated further in. It's not a big restaurant from what I remember, but I'd like to be a little more in...or outside even. Hmmm...as far as the food...I remember it being good, but I don't remember what I had. I'll look for the menu tonight & let you know!! But overall, thumbs up from me. It's fun to then take the boat to DTD after.

Ohanas---To quote Stacy (from the room TV you know), "YUMMY, YUMMY, YUMMY, YUMMY!" I REALLY, REALLY liked this dinner. Everything was sooo good. The salad! The wontons! The meats!! The potatoes!! DANG...maybe we need to change one of our ADRs for our girl weekend...YUMM! We ate super late & there were no Wishes that night, but the castle does change colors, so that was very fun to watch! GREAT service! I should also add, that I had one of those Lapu Lapu's in the bar when we were waiting...and well, it's STRONG, but oh so good!! Overall, A+++++++++++++++++++++++++ in my book

Narcooosee's--we did this for our anniversary dinner a few years ago. We really liked it. I had the surf & turf. It wasn't that busy when we were there, but our service wasn't the greatest. We haven't been back, but ONLY because we fell in love w/Cali Grill for our anniversary dinners now. I'd give it another A++ in my book. I'd defintely try it again if we had enough TS credits or were willing to pay OOP. I think you'll enjoy it!

Oooh do be sure to post your trip report & dining reviews! Have SOOOOOOO much fun THIS weekend!! WOW!!

Wow, thanks for the great reviews! I was especially a bit nervous about 'Ohana's dinner b/c even though we LOVE the breakfast there, it seems to get a lot of negative feedback on the Dis. We are going late too so I hope we can get a window seat and watch the castle! :love:

I will be sure to report back on all of them!:sunshine:

LuvMyBoys
02-29-2008, 10:51 AM
Lunch:

Turf Club at SSR - LOVE this place!! Not usually too busy and may be able to get last minute ADRs or even go without them. PLUS you get to see my home away from home (SSR!)

Raglan Road - never been

Breakfast:

1900 Park Fare - never been for breakfast but their dinner is my favorite buffet

Dinner:

'Ohana - yummy!!! We loved this place. We went without the kids and it was soooooo good!

Narcooses - never been

We are staying at your "home", our first time staying there! I'm really excited about being able to walk to downtown disney. The pool looks nice too. :)

I'm glad to hear that about the 1900 dinner buffet b/c I blindly recommended it to my brother and his family for their first trip this August. Hopefully they will love it too! :)

Thanks for all the help!

LuvMyBoys
02-29-2008, 10:53 AM
'Ohana- we went in 2003 and it was delicious. The meat was a little dry, but not bad. Good service, and we were able to get a window seat with a view of the fireworks. We'll never forget that.

Narcoossee's- at there for the 1st time last trip. The food was absolutely delicious. I highly recommend the crab cakes as an appetizer- almost 100% crab meat, lightly sauteed- TDF. I had the filet, DH the surf and turf. And the desserts- Wow. These were our favorite desserts of the entire 10 days we were there last trip. I had the Key Lime Creme Brulee and DH had this almond crusted cherry cheesecake. He said it was one of the best desserts of his LIFE.

OK, now I am even more excited for Narcoosee's!! :cooldance: We are totally getting the crabcake appetizers, I saw one pic on the dis and I knew that I had to have them!! :love:

I'm getting the almond cheesecake too, my sister is getting surf and turf but I keep debating among like 3 different entrees. It sounds like it is going to be a really great meal! :sunshine:

Thanks for the feedback guys, I really appreciate it! :)

Magical JenK
02-29-2008, 11:01 AM
http://i246.photobucket.com/albums/gg92/Magical_JenK/Ohana.jpg

Here's a photo of the Ohana dinner! YUMMM!!! Seriously, just makes me drool thinking about it! Soooooooo one of our ADRs in December!! Have a GREAT trip!!

LuvMyBoys
02-29-2008, 11:11 AM
http://i246.photobucket.com/albums/gg92/Magical_JenK/Ohana.jpg

Here's a photo of the Ohana dinner! YUMMM!!! Seriously, just makes me drool thinking about it! Soooooooo one of our ADRs in December!! Have a GREAT trip!!

That looks so delicious! :love: I will try to bring back new photos with the new menu items. I am especially anxious to try the grilled shrimp! YUM!!

pbhall13
03-02-2008, 02:06 AM
I went to Raglan Road in November. It was me, my dd5 and dd8. We enjoyed it. I had the shepards pie (be prepared thou that they mix in some lamb...I do not care for lamb, but thought it wouldn't be much...I could really taste it) the irish creme creme brulee was tooooo dieeeee for....my girls enjoyed there meals as well...the kids chicken tenders and fries were unbelievable....the batter was so light and tasted great!!!

http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc12/pbhall13/101_0252.jpg

the shepards pie!

http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc12/pbhall13/101_0259.jpg

the to die for irish creme creme brulee!!!!

LauraLea
03-02-2008, 09:21 AM
Narcoosee's is one of our favorite's. If you like lobster, rethink surf and turf. The lobster on that dish is a small frozen run of the mill lobster you could get anywhere. Now the lobster entree is a fresh Maine lobster and very very good.

Laura

andrea2289
03-12-2008, 04:09 PM
Narcooses was our favorite meal of the trip. I got the surf and turf which was awesome other than the lobster being a tad bit overcooked, but I was so full I didn't really care. We all agreed that the white chocolate almond crusted cheesecake was one of the best desserts we'd ever eaten. We all loved our appetizers. I got the crab cakes, my husband got the mussels and my son got the calamari (they both got a huge portions for an appetizer). Yep, we loved loved loved this place! Well worth the 2 TS Credits!! It was nice to see a $382 bill and owe nothing :p But we left additional gratuity because we loved our server!

I have never eaten at Ohana's, but we plan to on our next trip!

GICHY
03-21-2008, 09:35 PM
Narcoossee's - my favorite dinner! Enjoy and don't forget to view the fireworks from the dock after dinner its wonderful!