PDA

View Full Version : How often do you cash out?

crazy4disneyrn
09-14-2011, 03:45 PM
I have to say that I am loving SR, however I am wondering when most people cash out? We are not going to WDW until next year but I am wondering if I should cash out every time I hit a certain amount (ie: $100) or if I should just keep the money in my account and let it accumulate over the next year? What do you do?

SCard
09-14-2011, 04:04 PM
I have to say that I am loving SR, however I am wondering when most people cash out? We are not going to WDW until next year but I am wondering if I should cash out every time I hit a certain amount (ie: $100) or if I should just keep the money in my account and let it accumulate over the next year? What do you do?

I cash out for Pay Pal on the 15th and last day of the month for all the $$ in my SR account. I have a special bank account for vacations that I transfer all my Pay Pal money into. I like the flexibility of having the money in the bank so I can use if for whatever I want.

PSL1013
09-14-2011, 04:37 PM
I wait until I have a little over $500 and then cash out, I love getting those cards and I still like to leave some in my account so I don't get depressed with a zero balance. I've been cashing out twice per year and bring both cards with me to Disney, which pays for all the food and sometimes some extras. :D

spring
09-14-2011, 05:19 PM
It's totally an individual choice, but I cash out for Disney Gift Cards each time I get up to $100. I used to try for $250, but $100 builds up sooooooo much faster. It's a great feeling to get sunshine mail! :sunshine:

kristenrice
09-14-2011, 06:14 PM
I usually cash out right before my vacation. I make sure to cash out so that the money is in the account when I leave. So, when we leave on April 1, I am cashing out on February 28.

My next trip is October 13. I cashed out $125 earlier this year and thank goodness I did. I was using it for my annual pass and Disney raised the prices earlier than normal. Luckily, I got my payment in time. I cashed out $280 on August 31 and that will go into my PayPal account. I have a little over $30 right now in my account. I'm going to try and scratch out a few surveys tonight and then cashout one more time tomorrow. I know that I won't get the money in my account until the 15th, but I will be in WDW until the 18th so that extra $30 will get me a souvenir to take home with me:sunshine:.

I use my PayPal debit card on vacation. I used to really like the Disney gift cards, but this way, if I have any leftovers, I can use them on something else, like upgrading to business class on the way home. The PayPal debit card serves the same purpose.

mmm611
09-14-2011, 06:25 PM
I usually cash out for my entire balance quarterly. While I was unemployed, I changed that to monthly, but I really prefer to do it quarterly. That way, I can just look at my balance and see how much more I need to make SM!

Keep in mind you can't cash out for more than $500 a month! While that's not really a problem, if you're planning on letting it build until the last possible minute you need to plan ahead.

gpp2001
09-14-2011, 06:44 PM
I rarely cash out - I usually wait until I get to $500 but right now I am sitting at $650! We don't have a trip planned to WDW and are not renewing our annual passes to Disneyland so I don't know what I'm going to do with the money. So there it sits increasing! I may cash out soon for Paypal - I did that earlier this year when we went to Hawaii. :sunshine:

crazy4disneyrn
09-15-2011, 12:49 AM
Thanks everyone for your replies. It really does seem like an individual thing. I think I may cash out this first time when I get to $100 just so I can get some SR mail, then go from there! This is such a great program!

lkat
09-15-2011, 10:24 AM
I usually cash out these days at $250 for my Disney gift cards. Now that our trip is getting closer though, I'm just cashing out w/ PayPal on the 15th and 29th of the month (that would be today, yikes!).

The first time I ever cashed out here though was for a $25 Disney gift card. It was kind of like I had to see if this was all real :rotfl: After that I was cashing out every $100, but as I started saving up to pay off our trips, it just got to be too many cards to deal with and keep track of which is why I started with the $250 ones.

You'll figure out what works best for you! :sunshine:

tjrj1988
09-15-2011, 10:37 AM
I've only cashed out once-for $500-but that's what I'll be doing each time I hit around $500(like PSL, I don't like seeing a zero balance, so I'll wait until it's a bit over that). Paypal limits cashouts to $500 a month, so keep that in mind too if you are using them.

Had to postpone our September '11 trip due to the ill health a family member, so now I'm shooting for an additional $1000 to take with us in September '12.