PDA

View Full Version : D23 Membership

Dragonlady
11-10-2011, 07:33 PM
Has anyone purchased a D23 membership? If so, is it worth it? The reviews on the Disney website are mixed...some people say they love it and others say it's not worth the price because you don't get much.

dwkay8
11-10-2011, 08:07 PM
We have one membership for our household. We don't do any of the special D23 events, or purchase D23 merchandise, but Tom is happy every time the magazine comes in the mail. I feel like there is also a small little membership prize with each magazine. In particular, I remember a Tron mousepad that came one time.

For us, it's worth it just because we enjoy getting Disney magazines to flip through when we need an escape :)

SunshineGirl
11-10-2011, 11:31 PM
We don't really do anything with the "extra" but absolutely love the magazine!!

Mish520
10-18-2012, 03:50 PM
I went to the website too but didn't glean to much information from it. I don't particularly care about calendars or magazines. What are the benefits? Promotional prices on Disney vacations?

dwkay8
10-19-2012, 09:15 AM
I went to the website too but didn't glean to much information from it. I don't particularly care about calendars or magazines. What are the benefits? Promotional prices on Disney vacations?

They also do some D23 events, but you do have to register and sometimes pay for them. If you aren't interested in the "stuff" that you get with a membership, most likely it isn't for you. I can't plan trips around their events, so the "stuff" is the main benefit to us for a membership.

Jusacuz
10-19-2012, 02:35 PM
I was gifted a membership. I loved the magazine and the surprises that came with it (patches, postcards, etc), but I don't feel like it was worth the price paid. I chose not to renew.

It would be nice if they offered promo prices or discounts on travel/resorts/tickets. The only discounts were for ones I wouldn't use.

momof3lovebugs
10-22-2012, 10:50 AM
Just out of curiosity, how much is the membership?:blush: