PDA

View Full Version : Southwest Airlines

mrsheppo
06-06-2007, 09:57 AM
How about Southwest Airlines gift cards. A lot of Disney travelers use Southwest to fly to Orlando and this might help them achieve their goal of getting to WDW. I think they can be in increments from $10 and up.

Just a thought.

chocovrdmicears
06-06-2007, 10:14 AM
I would LOVE it if Southwest was added too!
:heart: :heart: :heart:

Soccer Princess
06-06-2007, 07:17 PM
OMG I would SO love this too! :)

Alice28
06-06-2007, 09:40 PM
ME TOO! We only fly SWA into Orlando- it's so CHEAPIE CHEAP CHEAP!

caitty13
06-07-2007, 10:40 AM
I would love southwest also. Please add :mickey: :minnie:

Kycha
06-07-2007, 01:38 PM
Ohhh. I would love Southwest gift cards as well.

sunmagic
07-29-2007, 11:00 PM
I am still keeping my fingers crossed that Tricia will add SW airlines. I didn't do the Disney cash out last week hoping I'd be able to use my balance for airfare!
:sunshine:

chipndale
07-29-2007, 11:53 PM
I love SW and Ding. I have been able to get some really great fares to Orlando and just booked my parents a trip on SW to San Diego. The airfare to San Diego was soooo much cheaper than any other airline.

ShanPooh
07-30-2007, 01:53 AM
That would be fun to earn Southwest Airline $, too!
We used DING! and got $30 one way from Columbus to Orlando :clap:
I don't think we'll ever see something that good again - so we had to take it! :p

sunmagic
08-02-2007, 02:55 AM
Tricia, Is this a possibility?

If so, I'll save my credits and not cashout till SW is offered.

sunshinecindy
08-02-2007, 09:09 AM
I have been trying to work with SA and they do not have an affiliate or bulk program which is how we buy our gift cards, so i don't think we will be signing on with them. if you want to go through givefun.com, they will put your money into any airlines account and that will be applied to your tickets. It has to be done in multiples of $50.00.

m4travels
08-02-2007, 03:34 PM
I have been trying to work with SA and they do not have an affiliate or bulk program which is how we buy our gift cards, so i don't think we will be signing on with them. if you want to go through givefun.com, they will put your money into any airlines account and that will be applied to your tickets. It has to be done in multiples of $50.00.

So I can sort of start a saving account with an airline??? I might like this! Granted, no interest like the ING account, but I can get the percentage back from givefun.com, right? This could work!

Michael

sunshinecindy
08-02-2007, 04:12 PM
yep, its kinda cool. Deposits have to be in 50.00 increments, thats all from what I understand.

jnorth1007
08-02-2007, 04:18 PM
Ok so if we make deposits to that account through give fun then we can get rewards on SR?????? Holy cow I think we might be flying

m 'n c
08-02-2007, 09:50 PM
Ok so if we make deposits to that account through give fun then we can get rewards on SR?????? Holy cow I think we might be flying

I would think so since it would be like buying a Southwest gc through them.

mollyeilis
08-02-2007, 09:58 PM
So the info says "We not only mail a gift card out to your gift recipient but we will book them a flight for anywhere they want to go, anytime on ANY AIRLINE". THEY book the flight?

To me, especially using SWA, that's not all that attractive. Do they have any way around that? If you find a Ding and want to switch around, are they available at a moment's notice to do so? Or do you have access to the flights online, so you can control that?

pbhall13
08-03-2007, 12:30 AM
I am very curious about this one as well. has anyone ordered the SW gift card and then used it to book internet or ding fares? Inquiring minds want to know!!

thanks, pamela

sunmagic
08-12-2007, 12:40 AM
Anyone found out an answer to this yet? This is sounding pretty good to me, except for them having to book it.

sunmagic
08-12-2007, 12:58 AM
This is what it says on their website:

"Unique digital airfare gift cards redeemable on any airline, anytime, in any dollar amount. No buyer fees, no restrictions.

GiveFun.com certificates and registry funds can be redeemed for a digital Airfaregifts.com certificate in any denomination of $50. Once the gift recipient activates their GiveFun.com gift certificate and selects Airfaregifts.com as their merchant of choice, a digital certificate code will be sent to the recipient’s e-mail for online flights reservation at Airfaregifts.com. GiveFun.com gift certificates can not be redeemed directly with Airfaregifts.com, you must first select them as your merchant of choice on GiveFun.com to receive a Airfaregifts.com digital gift certificate code.

To redeem for Airfaregifts digital gift certificate, click below on “Redeem”, or to continue browsing other participating merchants, click on “Continue Shopping”.

sunshinecindy
08-12-2007, 08:55 AM
I'm wondering if we find a good deal and call them and tell them which deal we found, if they would get us the same deal. I may call the lady at Give Fun back that I've been dealing with and ask her since there is so much interest.

spring
08-14-2007, 07:08 PM
Southwest Airlines would definitely be a hit with me!