PDA

View Full Version : Disney Pins

luvdisney00
03-03-2008, 08:52 AM
I just bought a "lot" of 10 pins for trading from ebay. I am hopeless, but I just couldn't resist. I am determined to convince DH to take a trip this year. Now I need to go so the girls can trade the pins! Hopeless!!

zoodoyle
03-03-2008, 08:58 AM
I've done the same thing :p Buying the lots is a great way to go!! Of course, both times we've done that, the kids have found quite a few that they'd like to keep!!! But we should still have plenty to trade on our trip in August!! Good luck convincing your hubby :sunshine: :sunshine:

kerry34
03-03-2008, 09:21 AM
I did the same thing at christmas and gave each of my kids a few pins in their stockings. I also just bought a lot of 30 pins from ebay and each of my kids is getting 6 pins in their easter basket. Its so much better than the kids buying brand new ones at the parks and then trading them off.

luvdisney00....Keep working on your DH and I am sure you will be booking your trip in no time!

Magical JenK
03-03-2008, 10:38 AM
luvdisney00....Keep working on your DH and I am sure you will be booking your trip in no time!

:wizard: :wizard:
Here's some pixie dust for your DH! :0) Have you called to see if you have a PIN attached to your house for dates you're thinking of going?? Maybe you do & that would sway him? Or maybe a great public code will come out!

Good luck!!

kimntrent
03-03-2008, 01:29 PM
You know if you are into disney pins we have our pin swap on there. It is a great way to keep kids involved in something other then video games until your trips to disney. I think we have only 6 or 7 people confirmed for this swap which will be the 1st of April. There are still a few days to sign up so if you want to let me know.

Kim

luvdisney00
03-03-2008, 02:31 PM
Thanks everyone for the support. I knew my SR friends would understand!!

Jen,
I know this is crazy, but I am afraid to call because I know if I do have a code we will be booked, I won't be able to help myself, and we are still in the "talking about it" stage. I have the number out downstairs and I have been thinking about calling all day. ...I think we are thinking about the same time that you are going (if I remember correctly form another thread) 9/17-9/22. I'm hoping for a code, or free dining or SOMETHING. We've never been in Sept.

Kerry,
I'm hoping to give them the pins for Easter with the news that we are going in the fall.

Kim,
I'm not sure if I want to do the pin swap or not, I've been looking at the thread for a few days, I'm thinking about it. If we do this trip it will be a surprise at least until Easter, and i don't want to tip them off by talking "Disney" too much. Thanks for thinking of me though.

Well I'll keep you all posted!
Dorothy

m 'n c
03-03-2008, 04:36 PM
Ooh our trip will overlap some. Sept 19-28th for us. Jen normally goes at that time but she's not this year. We'll have to see about meeting up.

luvdisney00
03-03-2008, 08:34 PM
Ooh our trip will overlap some. Sept 19-28th for us. Jen normally goes at that time but she's not this year. We'll have to see about meeting up.

I just hope we will really be there! I thought I read somewhere that Jen had those dates...but I guess I was wrong.
I'd love to see another SR girl, where are you staying?

m 'n c
03-03-2008, 08:36 PM
I just hope we will really be there! I thought I read somewhere that Jen had those dates...but I guess I was wrong.

Aiming for ASMO but we'll see what's available if and when Free dining is announced. I need to go ahead and book so I have ressies at least but I haven't gotten around to it. Got the ADRs figured out last night.

mommytotwo
03-03-2008, 09:01 PM
We don't have a trip planned, and live to far to just take a weekend trip to Disney :(, but ordered a bunch of pins as well :).

Magical JenK
03-04-2008, 10:13 AM

Well, first, I say call & see & IF you have a code, use it as a sign that you're supposed to go! :angel: YOu have 14 days to put the $200 deposit down!!!

Well...yes, normally we go in September, however this year we're supposed to go in December...however my sis-in-law informed me that if free dining is announced she'd rather go then...so I MAY just be going in September afterall.

Problem is, I'll need to figure out ADRs ASAP!!! Got my list ready, just need to see which dates we'll be there....2nd-12th or 8th-18th or 9th-19th.

Still won't overlap though would I???

Have fun & have you picked your ADRs yet?? :p

m 'n c
03-04-2008, 11:50 AM
Well, first, I say call & see & IF you have a code, use it as a sign that you're supposed to go! :angel: YOu have 14 days to put the $200 deposit down!!!

Well...yes, normally we go in September, however this year we're supposed to go in December...however my sis-in-law informed me that if free dining is announced she'd rather go then...so I MAY just be going in September afterall.

Problem is, I'll need to figure out ADRs ASAP!!! Got my list ready, just need to see which dates we'll be there....2nd-12th or 8th-18th or 9th-19th.

Still won't overlap though would I???

Have fun & have you picked your ADRs yet?? :p

We did our ADR wishlist Sunday night. I am basing everything off of Cindy's Round Table dinner right now.:angel: I started a rough draft blog post about my ADRs so when its ready I'll let yall know and we can see if any overlap or if there is something I should change.

luvdisney00
03-04-2008, 12:16 PM
Wow, you guys are great with ADR's done so early! Last year when we went in July, I was still moving them around in April & May, so I figure I've got time for Sept. Last time I NEEDED to get CRT so that I called at 180 days, but I don't think we need to do that again. Don't get me wrong we loved it, but that was twice for us and that was enough.

Anyway, GREAT news, DH agreed to the trip!!!! I have yet to make a reservation, because I have to make some resort/pkg. decisions first, but we are going 9/17-9/22. DH has meetings that he can't miss on Tuesdays in Sept. so we are locked into Wed.-Mon, but that's fine with me!!! I am just thrilled that he agreed to go. I think we are going to tell the kids on Easter, with pins and Disney Dollars in their baskets.

I am really torn between the BC and the Poly. We love the Poly, but I've always wanted to try the BC. I love the idea that you can walk into the countries and the pool....it looks so beautiful, but the monorail and looking at the castle are great too. DH likes them both and doesn't care, so I've just got to choose and call....but we are GOING!!!!!!

m 'n c
03-04-2008, 12:27 PM
Well we have an idea of where we want to eat but nothing booked as I'm not at my 180. I am sure we'll play around with our choices once EMHs are announced and such. I really want to avoid the evening ones this time around as it just wasn't worth it last time we went.

Magical JenK
03-04-2008, 02:11 PM
Wow, you guys are great with ADR's done so early! Last year when we went in July, I was still moving them around in April & May, so I figure I've got time for Sept. Last time I NEEDED to get CRT so that I called at 180 days, but I don't think we need to do that again. Don't get me wrong we loved it, but that was twice for us and that was enough.

Anyway, GREAT news, DH agreed to the trip!!!! I have yet to make a reservation, because I have to make some resort/pkg. decisions first, but we are going 9/17-9/22. DH has meetings that he can't miss on Tuesdays in Sept. so we are locked into Wed.-Mon, but that's fine with me!!! I am just thrilled that he agreed to go. I think we are going to tell the kids on Easter, with pins and Disney Dollars in their baskets.

I am really torn between the BC and the Poly. We love the Poly, but I've always wanted to try the BC. I love the idea that you can walk into the countries and the pool....it looks so beautiful, but the monorail and looking at the castle are great too. DH likes them both and doesn't care, so I've just got to choose and call....but we are GOING!!!!!!

:cooldance: :cooldance:
See..the pixie dust worked! Congrats! Woo hoo! That's soooooo exciting! Let the planning BEGIN!!

kerry34
03-04-2008, 04:39 PM
Congrats, I knew your DH would agree!!!! Yay for you!!!!:cooldance:
I have stayed at the Poly only once and really loved it, but would also love to stay at BC because I know the kids would love the pool area. Good luck with deciding, but either way you go, I am sure you will be happy:sunshine:

luvdisney00
03-04-2008, 04:56 PM
Thanks guys for all of the kind words and excitement. I knew this was the right place to share my good news! :party:

I have to call and get a reservation and then I can really start to get psyched and start to PLAN. I know Poly or BC will both be great, I'm just a little torn. I also know what ever I choose will not be set in stone because I will move if I have to to get free dining (if it comes out, but I think it will). I'll probably agonize over the decision and wind up somewhere else to get the free dining!
Catherine,
You've got me thinking I need to make a wishlist for ADRs and I'll start from there.....Sometimes I think I like the planning as much as the trip.