PDA

View Full Version : I thought I won BIG.......

linanglab
03-06-2008, 08:47 AM
Got a phone call from Disney yesterday. They asked DH if I was there. He said no - I was tanning at the time. They then explained they were calling from WDW and that they needed to talk to me about The Disney vacation Club. DH was like "NO Way!!!! SHE WON!!!!" They went on a little bit about the club to him. Then.....the sad part....they said that I had wanted some information about the club and they will email me some info.....

DH said for about 1 minute he was ready to plan a trip for this year....then....disappointment LOL... He actually was VERY disappointed!

disney_girl
03-06-2008, 09:27 AM
Oh what a letdown!! But maybe better that DH answered the phone rather than you.

linanglab
03-06-2008, 09:31 AM
Oh what a letdown!! But maybe better that DH answered the phone rather than you.

Now that is true. I wouldn't have let them finish talking. I would have probably said "DID I WIN!!!!" But yeah..... I probably would have been even more disappointed. :(

Magical JenK
03-06-2008, 09:55 AM
Now that is true. I wouldn't have let them finish talking. I would have probably said "DID I WIN!!!!" But yeah..... I probably would have been even more disappointed.

:rotfl: I can TOTALLY see you!! "Ha! Jen! I TOLD you it was MINE!" :rotfl:
But HOW awesome would that have been?! Omgoodness I would be screaming for you!!:sunshine:

I've gotten those calls before too & it comes up on the caller ID as Disney Vacation Club so DH & I have also gotten very excited, but then realized that yes, I did just request info, so it's just a solicitation call. :( But at least they got the number right in case you DO win!!

Hmmmm....maybe it IS better that DH answered the phone...got his Disney wheels spinning?? Maybe he'll surprise you w/saying, "you know that call got me thinking....." I know, I know, long shot...but just maybe....

bartleby1
03-06-2008, 10:01 AM
Awww..:hugs:

That must have been a HUGE disappointment! I think I would cry! I'm kind of surprised that they would make phone calls just to send out some information though! What a let down.

A few years back I actually did win a trip to disney and I don't think that I truly believed it until I was there, LOL! They notified me by email (thank goodness I read it!) and even after contacting them to make sure it was legit, sending in the paperwork, picking the dates, and receiving all of the info, I still didn't really believe that we were going. :confused:

Maybe your wish will still come true! I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you!

m 'n c
03-06-2008, 10:09 AM
Oh man! I was really hoping to see that you had some better news to report. Maybe DH will decide he wants to go to Disney this year after that phone call. Do you have the new planning dvd? maybe that can appear in the mail...

chipndale
03-06-2008, 11:14 AM
Maybe DH will decide that he wants to go to Disney this year. Keeping my fingers crossed for you. You never know what goes through the male mind.

mia214jia
03-06-2008, 04:16 PM
I can sympathize with you girl! I got one those calls from ******** Cruise Lines. Blah Blah Blah. They start YOU WON, then the ball drops. Kinda like UK Football :rotfl:

linanglab
03-10-2008, 02:55 PM
Had another moment today.....

Did you all read/hear about the lady who won the DVC? Fed Ex stopped by and gave her a package. In it was a book full of DVC information. Then there was a paper stating that she had won, etc.

Well...today, guess who stopped by? Fed Ex. Guess who the package was from? Disney Vacation Club. I opened it up (very quickly I must say) and in it was a really nice book about DVC! I started shaking thinking "NO WAY!!!!" Then I realized...no way....It was just an info package. They sure give really nice books away! It was a hard back book with all the places DVC is located, etc. At first I kept digging for the Congratulations page....but no....it just had a piece of paper in it telling my if I act now, I can get it for $16,500. Oh well...

Next time I will not get excited! LOL