PDA

View Full Version : Hope SPRINGS eternal!!

JillyFish
03-06-2008, 11:22 AM
Okay, so I want to send a BIG shout out to the ROBIN I saw this morning in my backyard!!!

:cooldance: :cooldance: :cooldance:

You made my day buddy!! How 'bout bringin' all your little friends back and let's get Spring started....K????

:rotfl:

linanglab
03-06-2008, 11:48 AM
YES!!!! Did you get all of the nasty ice and snow a couple days ago? Are you ready for the ice and snow starting tomorrow afternoon???? GRRRR....

Oh spring oh spring....where are you!!!!! Come out come out whereever you are!

JillyFish
03-06-2008, 12:03 PM
YES!!!! Did you get all of the nasty ice and snow a couple days ago? Are you ready for the ice and snow starting tomorrow afternoon???? GRRRR....

Oh spring oh spring....where are you!!!!! Come out come out whereever you are!

We got a little, but nearly as bad as Cleveland and other areas further north than us. But my DH drives to Avon for work and he said it was really bad up there yesterday morning. He was the only one who made it into work for the first couple hours.

I'm hearing that the next storm is supposed to hit us Friday night and Saturday. Great....first chance I will probably get to get out of the house! I've been kind of stuck at home since Sam hasn't gone back to school yet. Are we supposed to get ice again or just snow?

I can't wait for Spring to come! This Winter has been kind of depressing!

linanglab
03-06-2008, 12:16 PM
I think you will probably get more snow than us. Our area should get a mix. YUCK!!!! We had 2 inches of ice and 4 inches of snow on Tuesday. A lot of the schools around here got out early on Tuesday. We didn't, but we get out at 2:30 anyway. But had no school on Wednesday. I am TIRED of this stuff. It all finally melts, and then the next batch of weather comes through....Spring cannot come quick enough!

Hope Samuel is doing well. I think of you all periodically. And I know about being stuck inside. I am home alot being a SAHM. Try not to go too many places, mainly because of gas. Then on the weekend - GET ME OUT OF THE HOUSE!!!! Of course, when it is really cold, I would rather stay home. Did I mention I HATE the cold? LOL

JillyFish
03-06-2008, 12:49 PM
Surprisingly, we've only had two snow days so far this year. One was actually because it was too cold. And then we had one two weeks ago for snow.

You're right...just when it all melts, it starts over again. It's been a crazy Winter.

Monday was really nice here....mid to 50's and partly sunny. It was nice because I had to take Samuel out to the doctor. I got a little rebellious and didn't wear a coat! :rotfl: Next day it was back to bundling up!

askomsky
03-06-2008, 02:17 PM
I saw one in my yard too!

I know you don't want to hear this, but it's sunny and 55 here today.
The storms you keep getting come our way but end up in downpours!
We don't mind, bc we have a well so we'll take the rain!

Hoping for Spring REALLY SOON!!!!!

lanny76
03-06-2008, 11:20 PM
I saw a robin on Monday - and in the mornings, hear lots of chirping now!! And the bunnies are out again, making themselves little holes to settle into in our yard. Spring IS coming - I haven't minded that we had a real winter, because we haven't really had a winter that seemed like winter here for a while, but nonetheless, I am tired of the cold! Saturday we had a 70degree day, and then the next day the big storm was working it way across Nebraska and on - but somehow a big open space opened up and we got nothing much but a freezing wind and some rain; no snow. Anyway, March is a funny month - sort of bipolar. I like April much better!!

linanglab
03-07-2008, 07:15 AM
According to Toledo News....We can get anywhere between 1 and 12 inches of snow. Pretty vague, huh? My swimming suit shopping may end up not happening tomorrow (and it does NOT break my heart!)

Come on Spring!!!!!! Push away the winter....please.....

Sunni
03-07-2008, 08:25 AM
Thanks for sharing your Spring excitement! I love it when the change starts happening! Our snowbanks are slowly melting with the rain that we had and wiht the warmer weather yesterday. At this point just seeing the ground would be nice. It is so crazy too because just a town or two away or in MA there is hardly nothing. Could you please ask the robin if she could send a friend??

disney_girl
03-07-2008, 08:37 AM
Although yesterday was fun, I'm soooo ready for Spring! It's very rare for us to have snow and we had about 5-6 inches at our house. It was fun to play in with DS3 and we built a snowman and all of that (he wanted to bring it inside lol). We promised him we would play out there again this morning- and then I'm over it lol. I am ready for some Spring weather!!!

Oh and a little proud moment to share.... while DH was videotaping DS in the snow, I had DD (3 months) with me all bundled up in a Snugli. When I threw a snowball at DS, she laughed for the first time! It was great and we got it on video!:love:

linanglab
03-07-2008, 08:56 AM
Although yesterday was fun, I'm soooo ready for Spring! It's very rare for us to have snow and we had about 5-6 inches at our house. It was fun to play in with DS3 and we built a snowman and all of that (he wanted to bring it inside lol). We promised him we would play out there again this morning- and then I'm over it lol. I am ready for some Spring weather!!!

Oh and a little proud moment to share.... while DH was videotaping DS in the snow, I had DD (3 months) with me all bundled up in a Snugli. When I threw a snowball at DS, she laughed for the first time! It was great and we got it on video!:love:

Congrats on your little one's smile! I loved all the firsts! And to get it on video!!!! Enjoy them while they are little! I sooooo loved that age!!!!

disney_girl
03-07-2008, 09:47 AM
Congrats on your little one's smile! I loved all the firsts! And to get it on video!!!! Enjoy them while they are little! I sooooo loved that age!!!!

Thanks! I soooo enjoy this time and love all the firsts!! Even if it isn't your first baby, it's still amazing!:love: