PDA

View Full Version : Eliot Spitzer tied to "ladies of the night" ring

fourfoxesinpa
03-10-2008, 02:42 PM
:eek: And that, ladies and a few gentlemen, is how a Superdelegate behaves. :confused: Tsk, tsk, tsk.

I feel so sorry for his wife and kids - I hope she kicks that loser to the curb!

m 'n c
03-10-2008, 02:44 PM
Can you post an article link?

fourfoxesinpa
03-10-2008, 02:47 PM
http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/03/10/spitzer.ap/index.html

I'm trying to grab the NY Times article but that site is so jammed (www.nytimes.com) News reports are saying the officials were close to releasing the lists of those involved so he fessed up himself. He has a press conference scheduled for any minute now.

lanny76
03-10-2008, 03:36 PM
That sounds outrageous - one would hope it isn't true, but seems it must be.
A superdelegate, hmm? Is he going to stay one after this?!

mia214jia
03-10-2008, 03:38 PM
Another Scandal just in time for the election! You know with the election coming up and as bad as things have gotten in the last few years, everything is going to come out! I do feel bad for his family, How awful it must be.

fourfoxesinpa
03-10-2008, 03:47 PM
Yes, his apology was just on the news. I guess I'm harsh but for the life of me, I can't figure out why any woman would get up on a podium with these guys (McGreevey too) and be supportive. Public figure or no, I'd say "you're on your own." How devastatingly humiliating for her and her daughters.

lanny76
03-10-2008, 04:18 PM
Yes, his apology was just on the news. I guess I'm harsh but for the life of me, I can't figure out why any woman would get up on a podium with these guys (McGreevey too) and be supportive. Public figure or no, I'd say "you're on your own." How devastatingly humiliating for her and her daughters.

Yeah, it wouldn't be much fun standing up there while your husband is confessing that he's been cheating on you with prostitutes! I wouldn't want to. It would take a certain courage.
Who knows what she has said/done in private, though; but she is probably wanting to put on a good front in public for the time being. You know the media would jump all over it and speculate if she didn't show up with him today.
If she forgives him or not, that is her business; family business. In her shoes, I know I would find it hard to forgive such a public, shaming betrayal. And I do feel for the kids, too. If he's going to earn their trust back, he has a long road ahead - with voters/lawmakers, too, I'd presume.

zoodoyle
03-10-2008, 05:13 PM
I just don't get how these public figures don't think they will get caught?!?!! Do they think they are sooo powerful that they are untouchable?! Dumb, dumb, dumb ......

lanny76
03-10-2008, 05:18 PM
I just don't get how these public figures don't think they will get caught?!?!! Do they think they are sooo powerful that they are untouchable?! Dumb, dumb, dumb ......

Yeah, really! And what a hypocrite he is, claiming to go around cleaning up corruption - and doing what he did?!

wilsonfamily4
03-10-2008, 07:50 PM
I never understand the men who go to prostitutes when they have daughters. Wouldn't you think about if these were your daughters? Just so disgusting. Poor poor family

m 'n c
03-10-2008, 08:32 PM
I never understand the men who go to prostitutes when they have daughters. Wouldn't you think about if these were your daughters? Just so disgusting. Poor poor family

that is what blew my mind when I read that article posted up top. 3 daughters!

mia214jia
03-11-2008, 08:29 AM
After watching more on the TODAY show this morning and how they described this man as a MAN OF POWER and MONEY. And how his personality was not one that was respected by others. I can say I am glad they are hanging this guy out to dry. Also I find it interesting how the IRS are involved.
Yes it is sad his wife and kids are being dragged through this. Hopefully there are other family members who are close as well as friends that can keep them sane!
Wouldnt it be crazy if they could actually put this "JOHN" /POLITICAN in jail.

fourfoxesinpa
03-11-2008, 10:00 AM
How do you ever explain to your three teenage daughters what you have done to their mother? How do you ever get forgiveness for that? Such a tragedy for them. Three young women who are just beginning to come to terms with their womanhood, only to find out that their own father degrades women in such a way. So very sad. This is going to be something they carry with them for their entire lives. I hope they have lots of support. And, it goes without saying, for the wife too. When will these men learn? (No offense to our male SRers, but when was the last time you saw a woman politician get caught with her hand in the cookie jar?)

Weluvdisny
03-11-2008, 11:14 AM
He's such a hypocrite. The jokes are already starting to circulate around here. They said he should be watched for signs of suicide. He probably thinks he's too above the law and will get away with it. He's too pigheaded to realize what he's done.

chipndale
03-11-2008, 11:36 AM
I agree - I feel so sorry for his daughters! Those poor girls are going to have so much to deal with.

LauraLea
03-11-2008, 11:44 AM
You know, I would just once like to see one of the spouses NOT stand by their man. It seems more and more men in power think they can get away with unethical behavior and everytime there is the "little woman" standing there looking humiliated. This sends the wrong message not only to young women, but to men as well. Look I can betray my wife and family, but I am so powerful they will stand by me.

Disgusting.........

Laura

linanglab
03-11-2008, 12:04 PM
I definitely feel sorry for the girls. AND the wife. You know how us women are with our children. We would die for them. I cannot imagine how devastated the wife is FOR her children. It is one thing to do that and it affect HER, but this is affecting HER babies. That has to make her angry beyond belief. I am sure she is thinking good and hard about this. Just because she is looking like she is supporting him now....just wait. I have a feeling she will be gone within months. I am sure some monetary issues are making decisions for her too at this time. There is a lot at stake. She may be waiting to see what her lawyer is saying, etc., before any decisions are made.

But I do she kicks him to the curb when all is said and done. And her poor girls. She needs to be strong for herself AND 3 other innocent young woman who are emotional - more than normal - because of their teen hormones.

sunshinecindy
03-11-2008, 06:09 PM
They had a big discussion on the View this morning as to why she would stand there like that, and what they said makes sense. Shes been bred to take whatever comes along during his entire political career. She also knows if she hides that the media will be all over her. So, instead, she choses to just stand by his side...for now....the media leaves her alone....thereby leaving the girls alone....and it takes some of the limelight off of the "will she stay or go" cause shes not showing any other option right now, shes just standing there. Sort of smart, but you know when the lights are off and the curtains are closed hes paying 10 kinds of hell...and rightfully so. She'll be gone in her own time, but to leave him, uproot the kids and all that while they are all in the public eye would be even more harmful for those girls. I'm sure they've got their ears filled from mama.

lanny76
03-11-2008, 07:27 PM
They had a big discussion on the View this morning as to why she would stand there like that, and what they said makes sense. Shes been bred to take whatever comes along during his entire political career. She also knows if she hides that the media will be all over her. So, instead, she choses to just stand by his side...for now....the media leaves her alone....thereby leaving the girls alone....and it takes some of the limelight off of the "will she stay or go" cause shes not showing any other option right now, shes just standing there. Sort of smart, but you know when the lights are off and the curtains are closed hes paying 10 kinds of hell...and rightfully so. She'll be gone in her own time, but to leave him, uproot the kids and all that while they are all in the public eye would be even more harmful for those girls. I'm sure they've got their ears filled from mama.

Right! I read an article with statements in it something like that, and also touched on it in an earlier post. There's a right timing in all this - and it isn't the right time for her to 'hide' or kick him to the curb - or yes, the media would have a heyday, and they're having enough of a heyday so far. It's enough of a hell for her and her family without the media speculating on what she's doing/will do.
She might have stood there with him, but it doesn't follow that she's going to stand by him for good, or stand what he did to her and the girls.
Whatever she chooses to do, it is her business and should be a private matter - but it won't be. That story will be out sometime or other, too, unfortunately.

LauraLea
03-11-2008, 07:42 PM
Well I am understanding your point. But if it were me I would be standing next to a guy that would have claw marks down his face!

laura

lanny76
03-11-2008, 10:00 PM
Well I am understanding your point. But if it were me I would be standing next to a guy that would have claw marks down his face!

laura

Who knows - maybe he has some hidden!!

sunshinecindy
03-11-2008, 10:11 PM
And with the biggest diamond earrings and necklace that I could find....since Mr Big Bucks can blow 4,000 bucks on a hooker.

lanny76
03-11-2008, 10:16 PM
I see rumor has it he spent up to 80 thou!!:eek: What a waste of money.