PDA

View Full Version : Got caught by the label

m 'n c
03-11-2008, 10:25 AM
I hate when food companies do this - split the nutritionals in half! I was so excited the other day when I went to Central Market (HEB's version of Wholefoods) and found what I thought were full sized bagels for 160 cals, 0 gms fat, and less than 1 gm fiber (not great I know). I am such a bagel girl I was ecstatic. So I grabbed them without reading the full label and brought them home. Well this morning I started thinking about it and lo and behold that was just for 1/2 a full sized bagel. Who only eats half? There is no fun in that. So my 5 point breakfast quickly became 8 points and I need to do some creative thinking about dinner now :(

SunshineGirl
03-11-2008, 10:47 AM
I had the same thing happen with a little thing of ice cream!!! It was either a little Blue Bunny or a Weight Watchers cup. It wasn't very big and I thought SURELY this is one serving. I got Kevin all excited because it was cookie dough or some other flavor he loves. When I went to get them out of the freezer, I found out that it was 2 servings. :( There is no way that the average person would believe that little cup of ice cream to be two servings!!

m 'n c
03-11-2008, 10:54 AM
oh that is terrible Tricia! I think the WW ones are really 1 serving and they are really good. I'm trying to stay away from sweets right now but now that you mention it mint chocolate chip is sounding sooo good.

Anyways have you ever ordered western bagels? I am thinking about ordering them in the next few weeks since I miss my bagels.

askomsky
03-11-2008, 12:17 PM
DO you guys have or have tried the Skinny Cow ice cream sandwiches?
They are huge and unless things changed in a year per WW the choc and vanilla ones are only 2 pts the PB ones are 3 I think. I lived off those 2 summers ago bc 1. I'm lactose interolant and can't handle ice cream with real cream and 2 at 2 pts they were awesome! I think it's $4 or so for 6 round sandwiches. I know our Sams Club sells them in the bigger packs too.

m 'n c
03-11-2008, 12:22 PM
I love them but I read on Hungrygirl.com not too long ago they changed the recipe and they are 3 points each now. Still not a bad deal at all.

askomsky
03-11-2008, 12:24 PM
I love them but I read on Hungrygirl.com not too long ago they changed the recipe and they are 3 points each now. Still not a bad deal at all.

Wow! Like I said hadn't checked them out in a while, but they were good for 2, but like you said for 3 points it's a pretty big serving. Better then getting an ice cream cone at the parlor when we take the kids.

m 'n c
03-11-2008, 12:31 PM
Yeah apparently some bigger company bought them out and reformulated the ice cream sandwich (that one I remember reading about the rest I don't know) and how it went up a bit but not horrible. I still have one left in my freezer I need to eat. I love the mint ones.

askomsky
03-11-2008, 12:34 PM
Oh yeah I forgot about those! They were my fav too. I love mint and knew DH wouldn't eat them when I bought those.

m 'n c
03-11-2008, 12:47 PM
haha great tactic.

So I think once I run out of these bagels I'm ordering from western bagel. everything on their site is just 1 point (when you get the alternative bagels and pitas).