PDA

View Full Version : Clueless! Need Help!

Miscoehill
03-14-2008, 09:31 PM
I just signed up this week via the Disney Boards! Huge fan of Disney! I understand that you make money by referrals, clicks, etc. But how do you all make the most money? Shopping? The gift card amounts are very nice - how do you all do it? Any insights or clues would be greatly appreciated..we're heading to Disney next year!
Thanks so much,
Laurie

SunshineGirl
03-14-2008, 09:48 PM
Welcome, Laurie! I'm sure that you will get lots of good advice from some of the members. Some of them are making almost $100 a month!! And they are always ready to share with other members how they do it.

My biggest tip would be to start with the Daily Surveys and the offers each day that are called "MyThoughtCounts." Both of those can be done each day and offer a way to make $1.55 a day EVERY day. Then move to the Fast Crediting Offer Category and start trying out some of the smaller offers. You do NOT have to use the same email address that you use for SR on those offers. Be prepared that you might get a lot of spam from some of them (but never from us!!)

bellanlivismom
03-14-2008, 10:52 PM
First of all welcome! I think Tricia hit it on the head with the Surveys. I would be nowhere without them. The best thing that I found you have already discovered and that is the forums. They will help you with any technical issues and any questions. I hope you enjoy your time here!!

spring
03-15-2008, 06:14 AM
Welcome, Laurie! We love new members and we'll be happy to help you with any questions. Tricia gave you excellent advice. Just be sure to always use the same e-mail addy and demographics for your daily survey. However, you CAN use different e-mail addys for the paid offers. Make sure that you do not use your regular e-mail addy for paid offers as you will get a lot of spam. You don't have to worry about spam from the daily survey or OTX, though.

There are some stickies in the forum that you might want to read to help with some of the details. You can also use the Search function to look up information. If all else fails, we are here to help.:welcome:

Miscoehill
03-19-2008, 12:25 PM
Girls, where do i found "mythoughtscount? I can't find anything like that. I also keep trying to do the daily surveys, and they don't have anything available to me...is this right?

askomsky
03-19-2008, 12:34 PM
Girls, where do i found "mythoughtscount? I can't find anything like that. I also keep trying to do the daily surveys, and they don't have anything available to me...is this right?

That'll happen with the daily survey's unfortunately it's the luck of the draw.
The My Thoughts counts are OTX. Go to the main SR page and click on offers --> all offers--> OTX or MTC should be on the first page or 2nd page for .75

dogs06
04-13-2008, 06:33 PM
I just signed up for this and I have questions and concerns.
1. Why was I only given 3 choices to do after I signed up? 1 choice was to try a free credit report (this meant going to the sight, giving all info and include a credit card to pay for the "free" credit report, then I would be given the survey to complete; choice 2 was to basically sign up for other survey groups and choice 3 was to give out all kinds of info about myself.
2. Is this normal beginning stuff?
3. Is it safe to give out this much info about me and my family?
4. If I didn't do any of the ones that were offered after I signed up... will they send me any others?

Thanks for any information... I am VERY skeptical about things like this..bc if it sounds too good to be true... it usually is. Thanks again

lmroyea
04-13-2008, 06:44 PM
You shouldn't have to give any info that you don't feel comfortable sharing. Surveys may ask for that, but they don't share it with anyone. Offers will ask for it, but that's why you do offers that interest you and you don't mind getting the mail or email from them. Keep in touch with the Forum and we'll help you out. If you stay in contact with the Forum you're much more likely to do better on SR, that's how I did it, plus I've made a lot of very good friends. So Welcome, we're glad to have you!

SunshineGirl
04-13-2008, 06:57 PM
One thing to be careful about is your cell phone number. Apparently some members have been giving out their cell phone numbers on offers and then blaming SR for charging them monthly fees. We do NOT store cell phone numbers or charge anything. Nor do we ask for credit card numbers. So if you get to an offer that wants either of those, read through the terms VERY carefully.

iluvamystery89
04-20-2008, 10:09 PM
another thing about the cell phone #'s...when i first started out doing offers on SR, i put my cell phone # in at the beginning of a few offers. since then i've been getting tons of calls wanting to sell me things or sign me up for "work at home" opportunities. it's to the point i'm ready to change my #. thankfully, i just got a phone bill about a week ago and there were no additional charges on it. all the #'s that call me are usually 866, 800, 877 or "no name, unknown", and i don't answer.