PDA

View Full Version : I'm almost afraid to ask (about a Disney cashout)

Alice28
03-15-2008, 12:55 AM
Any chance of another Disney cashout before early May?

Just wonderin'. We're going in mid-June, and I am just curious if I should be saving my SR dollars, or cashing out at $100 increments. :)

And might I just give SR props- I made myself a goal of $600 SR dollars for this trip last October. With my shoebuy order today, I think I am at $525. No sweat getting to $600 by May! I'll maybe even hit $650 or $700! (depending how many shoes we need to buy, LOL! :rotfl: ). Thanks ONCE AGAIN SR, for making my Disney trips easier on the wallet. I :heart: you. This post is meant to tell any newbies out there, it CAN be done! :cooldance:

sunshinecindy
03-15-2008, 08:24 AM
At this point there are no plans for one in May.

3dog2kidmom
03-15-2008, 08:52 AM
Any chance of another Disney cashout before early May?

Just wonderin'. We're going in mid-June, and I am just curious if I should be saving my SR dollars, or cashing out at $100 increments.

And might I just give SR props- I made myself a goal of $600 SR dollars for this trip last October. With my shoebuy order today, I think I am at $525. No sweat getting to $600 by May! I'll maybe even hit $650 or $700! (depending how many shoes we need to buy, LOL! ). Thanks ONCE AGAIN SR, for making my Disney trips easier on the wallet. I :heart: you. This post is meant to tell any newbies out there, it CAN be done! :cooldance:

That is awesome, Robin!!! Congrats! Yes, newbies, it CAN be done :cooldance:

andrea2289
03-15-2008, 10:08 AM
Congratulations Robin! I am just banking mine until we go, whenever that is. Since I have famiy there, most of our trips are last minute. I am the one trying to get a vacation planned and all my ADRs a month before we go :eek: But it always seems to work out!! I wanted to go over Spring Break but we have so many snow days to make up that now half our break is gone. The last time we went, I cashed out and gave everyone in the family a gift card for their spending. It was such a fun thing to be able to do. The kids loved having their own 'credit cards' with spending money!!

Alice28
03-15-2008, 01:11 PM
At this point there are no plans for one in May.

And March or April??? :D

I love the idea of giving each kid their own credit card....that's really cute! My goal was for SR to pay for at least half of our dining plan- and like I said, I think I did it!

sunshinecindy
03-15-2008, 01:33 PM

I love the idea of giving each kid their own credit card....that's really cute! My goal was for SR to pay for at least half of our dining plan- and like I said, I think I did it!

Nope, none in the near future. Sorry

m 'n c
03-15-2008, 06:04 PM

Ahh part of the fun is Tricia surprising us with a special cashout. :sunshine:

Congrats on reaching your goal. I'm trying to earn the last $600 by sept so that we can stay at a moderate but I'm not sure if I'm going to make it. I've gotta get back onto the 3 surveys a day not 1 or 2.

disney_girl
03-15-2008, 06:21 PM
Yeah, I agree... part of the fun is Tricia surprising us with a special cashout! As much as I would love another one since we're going in May and Oct, I think we also have to remember there is no guarantee that there will be special cashouts. I'm sure SR eats most if not all of that "discount" that we get so we can't get them all of the time.

I'm working to get $200 by the beginning of April so I can cash out for our May trip. Then I have to kick it up a notch and start working on October! So, while I'm hopeful there will be another special cashout in the future, I'm just plugging along like there isn't!:)

Alice28
03-15-2008, 06:46 PM
That's why I was afraid to ask- because I know SR does these probably at a loss, and I don't want to seem greedy! Esp with the Greenfield fiasco last month.

So, I will probably save at $100 intervals til mid May, and then start over with 'bulk' saving through-out the summer. :sunshine2: My next goal is $300 between mid May-end of August. Think i can do it? Hope so. That is what the dining plan will cost me and Molly for our trippie in Sept.:heart:

disney_girl
03-15-2008, 06:52 PM
I think that's do-able for your Sept trip!! Isn't it awesome being able to pay for these things with SR $$? I'm buying 2 AP's in May plus some food and souvies!:cooldance:

mollyeilis
03-15-2008, 07:01 PM
That is what the dining plan will cost me and Molly for our trippie in Sept.:heart:

That just confused me. And then I looked at your signature and got even more befuddled for a moment! :) (name is Molly. and brother's original name is Robin, though he legally changed that when he turned 18. hearing those two names together (hearing in my head as I read them) was like a flash from the past. :p)

And thanks for asking the question! Caused me to realize that, with not making SM during this quarter (wah!), I'd better cash out now with the SM options for our trip at the end of May. So thank you!

arob414
03-15-2008, 07:03 PM
Whew!!! I bit the bullet and cashed out for $100 in Disney gc's, last night. We go the end of May and I just had to see those cute little things in my hand. I would have kicked myself if I cashed out and we turned around and had a special cashout. Thanks to SR, I have $700 for our trip.

BTW, we made the LAST payment and the trip is ours!!!:cooldance: Airplane ressies made and paid for, tickets to the Luau and to P&P. Have our baggallinis. We's ready...Almost...

disney_girl
03-15-2008, 07:05 PM
Whew!!! I bit the bullet and cashed out for $100 in Disney gc's, last night. We go the end of May and I just had to see those cute little things in my hand. I would have kicked myself if I cashed out and we turned around and had a special cashout. Thanks to SR, I have $700 for our trip.

BTW, we made the LAST payment and the trip is ours!!!:cooldance: Airplane ressies made and paid for, tickets to the Luau and to P&P. Have our baggallinis. We's ready...Almost...

What an awesome feeling!!! Congrats!

m 'n c
03-15-2008, 07:09 PM
That's why I was afraid to ask- because I know SR does these probably at a loss, and I don't want to seem greedy! Esp with the Greenfield fiasco last month.

So, I will probably save at $100 intervals til mid May, and then start over with 'bulk' saving through-out the summer. :sunshine2: My next goal is $300 between mid May-end of August. Think i can do it? Hope so. That is what the dining plan will cost me and Molly for our trippie in Sept.:heart:

I'm sure they know you aren't being greedy. I think with the greenfield fiasco in february and then the tightening of advertisers running offers they had to put the one for March/April on hold until we could all build our balances back up. I know I just hit enough for a $200 gc and I've been working on that since December. I bet there are alot of us with balances even lower than that which makes it hard for SR to know how much to buy in bulk and they don't want to buy $20k and us only cash out for $5k because we are all "waiting" until we can cashout for a higher amount.

There is probably some formula or monitoring Tricia does to know when to run one based on our accounts but I have no real idea.

Alice28
03-15-2008, 09:24 PM
That just confused me. And then I looked at your signature and got even more befuddled for a moment! :) (name is Molly. and brother's original name is Robin, though he legally changed that when he turned 18. hearing those two names together (hearing in my head as I read them) was like a flash from the past. :p)

And thanks for asking the question! Caused me to realize that, with not making SM during this quarter (wah!), I'd better cash out now with the SM options for our trip at the end of May. So thank you!

Sorry for confusing you! I don't talk about my family very much, but DD's name is Molly. She, my mom and I are going on a girl's trip to WDW in September. My son's names are Josh and Sam- do you have any of those in your fam? :)

luvdisney00
03-28-2008, 10:13 AM

I'm sure you can do it, but if you'r e going in Sept., keep an eye out for free dining, then you can use your SR $$ for something else! :sunshine:

mollyeilis
03-28-2008, 03:35 PM
Sorry for confusing you! I don't talk about my family very much, but DD's name is Molly. She, my mom and I are going on a girl's trip to WDW in September. My son's names are Josh and Sam- do you have any of those in your fam? :)

Phew, no, no Josh or Sam. Though I've always liked Sam and Samantha for names. :) (grew up with too many Joshes, would feel like I'm using their names, but otherwise it is a fine, strong name)

mollyeilis
03-28-2008, 03:37 PM
Oh, but Alice28...my grandma's middle name was Alice, I've thought of using that, and my cousin just named her new daughter Alysen for both our grandma AND an homage to a family last name. So even your username has meaning to me! :) (and today's the 28th...OK now I'm reaching)

kxmeeh
04-03-2008, 09:13 PM
does anyone know how long it takes for GC's to arrive. our trip (woo hoo, girls only!!) is in mid july, I have over 100.00 right now, but would like to save up for as much as I can as long as I rcv the cards in time.

m 'n c
04-03-2008, 09:16 PM
does anyone know how long it takes for GC's to arrive. our trip (woo hoo, girls only!!) is in mid july, I have over 100.00 right now, but would like to save up for as much as I can as long as I rcv the cards in time.

I would give yourself 4 weeks grace period. Meaning I'd cashout early to mid june to be safe.