PDA

View Full Version : Mickey Mouse Tulips

SunshineGirl
03-17-2008, 09:36 AM
I was just working on my daily SR email and came across Mickey Mouse tulips. (http://www.shareasale.com/r.cfm?u=140900&b=35562&m=7833&afftrack=&urllink=www%2Egoodbulbs%2Ecom%2Findex%2Ephp%3Fmain %5Fpage%3Dproduct%5Finfo%26products%5Fid%3D62) I can't figure out exactly whey they call them that except that they are red and yellow like Mickey? But now I have to have some!! But I have to wait until fall for them to ship!

http://www.goodbulbs.com/images/mickey-mouse.jpg

disney_girl
03-17-2008, 09:45 AM
Yep... just because they are called Mickey tulips, now I need them too! LOL

linanglab
03-17-2008, 12:06 PM
I like those....Dumb question. I am NOT a green thumb. Are tulips the ones that come up every year without ANY work at all? THAT is the kind of flowers I like. And you plant them in the fall time?

Magical JenK
03-17-2008, 12:19 PM
I like those....Dumb question. I am NOT a green thumb. Are tulips the ones that come up every year without ANY work at all? THAT is the kind of flowers I like. And you plant them in the fall time?

Yep! They're perennials & bulbs...bulbs get planted in the fall & come up in the spring. But don't be like my aunt who planted her bulbs upside down, so they never came up! :rotfl:

Be sure to check your zone to know if they'll work in your area in the spring. I'm sure they will, but just something to check!

Anyone into fish? There is a breed called the Mickey Mouse Platy or Mickey Mouse Moon (or Xiphophorus maculatus)...I had them when I was growing up! They always had babies!! Didn't know my love for the mouse then...perhaps I should get me a Mickey Mouse Moon now!! :mickey:
http://z.about.com/d/freshaquarium/1/0/i/W/livebearer18Gsm.jpg

disney_girl
03-17-2008, 12:28 PM
Yes, Jen, we have had the "Mickey Mouse Platys" before. They have tons of babies LOL

zoodoyle
03-17-2008, 02:29 PM
Just an FYI, and this may not be true with all tulips or in all regions, but the deer LOVED my tulips!! It was always the first thing they would mow down.... I went so far as to dig all of the MANY bulbs up and gave them to my Mom because it would drive me crazy when they'd finally come up, so "spring-like", and then the next morning only a little chewed stem would be left... darn herbivores :p

Blessing and Miracle
03-17-2008, 02:31 PM
Ohh, those are beautiful!

Mom2aPrincess
03-17-2008, 08:44 PM
Just an FYI, and this may not be true with all tulips or in all regions, but the deer LOVED my tulips!! It was always the first thing they would mow down.... I went so far as to dig all of the MANY bulbs up and gave them to my Mom because it would drive me crazy when they'd finally come up, so "spring-like", and then the next morning only a little chewed stem would be left... darn herbivores :p

Another warning...depending on your climate they may need to be dug up in the winter and stored in your refrigerator. They must go through a real winter (get cold) and here they recommend that you dig them up and store them in paper bags in the refrigerator.

pbhall13
03-17-2008, 09:21 PM
did you order those thru brecks??

When I buy myself tulips (for a vase) those are the ones I alway buy or with a bit of orange in them..........tulips are my favorite flower and I have a lot out in the yard, but some need to be replaced as they tend to loose their potential after 4/5 years in my area.

Pamela

lmroyea
03-18-2008, 12:43 AM
Yes, I saw the Mickey Mouse Tulips. I'm desperatly trying to make SM, so I'm looking for any kind of shopping I can justify. I CAN'T spend outrageously, it has to be stuff we actually need. I thought about getting some of my gardening stuff for spring, so I was looking at the new gardening sites that were added. I came across the Mickey Mouse Tulips, and ALMOST had to buy them just because of the name. Eventhough they really aren't compatible with where I wanted to put them. BUT I was so happy I waited a day, because I made a BIG purchase from Michigan Bulbs, the next day when the bonus came up. Yeah for me! I guess sometimes being patient is worth it!