PDA

View Full Version : Disney Visa Question

Magical JenK
03-17-2008, 02:09 PM
Anyone know if I were to purchase my airfare w/my Disney package, if that too, is interest free for 6 months on the Disney Visa?

I normally just book them separately...wondering if I had my AAA TA do the airfare booking if that would just count as a Disney package & not as airfare??? Hmmmmm....

m 'n c
03-19-2008, 09:20 AM
I don't know. I think if you book the air thru disney it might count but seperatly I don't think so.

Magical JenK
03-19-2008, 09:32 AM
I heard back from Disney Rewards & they said that airfare is not part of the 0% APR, just hotel & tickets...but here's something else I learned....my friend booked through AAA. She called her TA & asked about airfare through one of the carriers that you can select on the Disney site.

She got a PHENOMONAL price $257! On that carrier's site the same flights were $415!!! CRAZY!! Also, since it's part of her Disney package, she doesn't have to pay for anything until the 45 day mark when the package is due!!

Lastly, because the airfare is not paid for if my friend were to find cheaper airfare (not likely) between now & the 45 day mark she can cancel her flight ressie through the TA & book the other flight herself! How crazy is that?!

The AAA TA said that Disney & this carrier worked out a deal for flights & gives Disney deep discounts!! My flights didn't work out that way (deep discount) compared to the carrier I prefer to fly (resort check-in), so I won't go with them, but the flight is so much cheaper through Disney than the carrier's website!

This was new to me, maybe you all already knew this, but just wanted to throw it out there if you booked a package but are waiting for airfare to go down!

m 'n c
03-19-2008, 10:11 AM
Thanks for posting back what you heard from Disney. I might have to just take a peak at their airfare deals so that I will know for next time. Sounds kinda nice if they work out deals with the airlines for cheap airfare.