PDA

View Full Version : It's a sad, sad day.

catnapfan
03-17-2008, 10:28 PM
Someone stole my Pirate Mickey antenna topper today at Walmart!:cry: I know it was there when I went to Walmart because I was enjoying watching the Mickey shadow chase my Trailblazer. I know I should pay more attention to driving but that darn shadow is so cute. Anyway, when I left Walmart I actually walked right past my vehicle because it had no antenna topper. Those parking lots are always full of similar looking Trailblazers- so Mickey always helps me find my vehicle. I walked one row past it and started to get worried that I was losing my mind because I couldn't find my car. Hit the alarm button only to find my car in the row behind me - Mickeyless!

Unfortunately, I did not have time to report this horrible crime to the police because I was late to pick up DS13 from school. :rotfl: Of course the first thing DS says when he gets in the car is "Where's Mickey? That's how I always find our car." Now this crime is affecting the whole family! The upside of this whole thing is now I have a reason (like I really need one) to go back to WDW- to replace it.

askomsky
03-17-2008, 10:36 PM
Someone stole my Pirate Mickey antenna topper today at Walmart!:cry: I know it was there when I went to Walmart because I was enjoying watching the Mickey shadow chase my Trailblazer. I know I should pay more attention to driving but that darn shadow is so cute. Anyway, when I left Walmart I actually walked right past my vehicle because it had no antenna topper. Those parking lots are always full of similar looking Trailblazers- so Mickey always helps me find my vehicle. I walked one row past it and started to get worried that I was losing my mind because I couldn't find my car. Hit the alarm button only to find my car in the row behind me - Mickeyless!

Unfortunately, I did not have time to report this horrible crime to the police because I was late to pick up DS13 from school. :rotfl: Of course the first thing DS says when he gets in the car is "Where's Mickey? That's how I always find our car." Now this crime is affecting the whole family! The upside of this whole thing is now I have a reason (like I really need one) to go back to WDW- to replace it.

How rude!!!!! I would be upset too, but you sure tell a good story so you had me laughing.
I have minnie on mine, the kids love her and probably would be upset if someone took her too.

Well tell your DH time to go to WDW! Sounds like you have a pretty valid excuse to me! lol

bbangel
03-17-2008, 10:40 PM
My mom has the baseball Mickey topper on her car that we got from our first trip. Someone stole it off her car. Luckily I was back last year so I could get her a new one. I also bought a spare so if it happens again she will have a replacement. It is how we find her car too!

Hedy
03-17-2008, 10:43 PM
:(. There's always eBay-that's what I did when I lost my first Sally in a rainstorm.

catnapfan
03-17-2008, 10:48 PM
:(. There's always eBay-that's what I did when I lost my first Sally in a rainstorm.

I hadn't thought of that- and I can get SR credits for it. Things are starting to look up!

Mom2aPrincess
03-17-2008, 11:08 PM
Aah...I'm so sorry to hear that. I can't enjoy antenna toppers with the rest of you - my car doesn't have one, but we are very partial to the Tink magnet on it. I would be devastated to lose it.....Hope you find a replacement on ebay.

Magical JenK
03-18-2008, 12:48 AM
Aah...I'm so sorry to hear that. I can't enjoy antenna toppers with the rest of you - my car doesn't have one, but we are very partial to the Tink magnet on it. I would be devastated to lose it.....Hope you find a replacement on ebay.

Mine doesn't either & I hate that fact! I did get the little stick figures stickers, but I haven't put them on yet.

To OP, I certainly hope you find another one on eBay! If not, I'd be more than happy topick you up one when I'm there next month. Just let me know.

fourfoxesinpa
03-18-2008, 07:18 AM
May he stage a mutiny on that new car! :mad:

nolacindy
03-18-2008, 07:35 AM

I'm so sorry to hear about your loss:hugs::rotfl: Someone stole my POTC topper at work, but now i've joined the crowed with a car with no antenna. Ebay always has a big selection I would start there and if not theres always someone heading to Disney.

mia214jia
03-18-2008, 07:54 AM
Im sorry someone would stoop that low! And I agree may he begin mutiny on those who took him! AAARRRRRRRGGHH! (pirate call)

Blessing and Miracle
03-18-2008, 01:26 PM
I order them life in prison without a chance for parole!

I hope you find another one!

catnapfan
03-18-2008, 08:14 PM
:hugs: Thanks so much everyone for your kind words and support over my loss. I just bought a replacement pirate Mickey on e-bay and expect my life to be back to normal in 2-5 days. :)

andrea2289
03-19-2008, 12:42 PM
So sorry this happened to you. What big jerks!! But I believe in karma so...

This may have happened to us also. My husband bought a minnie antenna topper for me at Epcot and I realized it was gone one day. I chose to believe it fell off because I'd get...um pretty p'd off if someone stole it :rolleyes: