PDA

View Full Version : I am booked!!!

wilsonfamily4
03-18-2008, 03:45 PM
This morning I made contact with a DVC owner who I am renting points from! She has made my reservations for January 1-9 2009 at SSR for a 2 bedroom!!!!!! Talk about excited. We are taking my husbands parents who really deserve a vacation but could never afford one. I am just smiling like a cheshire cat. :D Now I can sit down and iron out where we will go where we will eat. Woohoo Planning can officially begin!

spring
03-18-2008, 03:47 PM
How exciting! Let the plans begin.......:cooldance::cooldance:

m 'n c
03-18-2008, 04:02 PM
Yay Dee! We need to get some pretrip planning threads going around here.

wilsonfamily4
03-18-2008, 04:05 PM
I saw your post about being booked and was at that point so close myself. Made me more antsy!!! So nice to have them booked huh?!! And time flies and they will be here so soon. I am thinking about looking into the online tour guides as we will be there at some busy times, New years crowds staying for the weekend and then marathon weekend right behind us.

linanglab
03-18-2008, 04:05 PM
Congrats! Very fun. I am interested in looking into renting points. Someone with a better brain than mine will have to break it down for me. I think because we have 5 people, that it would be quite a bit more expensive to rent from someone than to get 2 rooms at value.

Dee - there is nothing more enjoyable knowing that you are booked! It is now official! Let the planning begin!

JillyFish
03-18-2008, 04:14 PM
That's wonderful Dee!!! How fun!! You will love going in January.....very minimal waiting. The weather can be "iffy", but I didn't mind not being there in the sweltering heat. :sunshine2:

wilsonfamily4
03-18-2008, 04:14 PM
Well with 5 people I think you would have to get a 2 bedroom at all DVC's except AKL. At that one you could put 5 in a 1 bedroom. That may be a good option for you but that depends on when you go. I realy like DVC as I get a washer/dryer and a kitchen, let alone all the extra room. We rented last time for a trip in January and probably will never do anything else. I was lucky to find someone to rent for 11 a point which is pretty good. I got them for 10 a point for 2007 and they are going for anywhere from 11-13 a point now.

Congrats! Very fun. I am interested in looking into renting points. Someone with a better brain than mine will have to break it down for me. I think because we have 5 people, that it would be quite a bit more expensive to rent from someone than to get 2 rooms at value.

Dee - there is nothing more enjoyable knowing that you are booked! It is not official! Let the planning begin!

Mom2aPrincess
03-18-2008, 04:31 PM
Congratulations!! I know how good it feels to get them booked. There are all these steps to my excitement where it continues to feel more and more real. First there's the booking, then there's the TGM subscription and ADRs, and then there's the flights being booked....then it seems like FOREVER until we do anything else....

m 'n c
03-18-2008, 04:53 PM
I saw your post about being booked and was at that point so close myself. Made me more antsy!!! So nice to have them booked huh?!! And time flies and they will be here so soon. I am thinking about looking into the online tour guides as we will be there at some busy times, New years crowds staying for the weekend and then marathon weekend right behind us.

Yeah. I am contemplating touring guides as well because we will be there right as Food and Wine kicks off and there is an Expedition Everest Challenge going on at AK while we are there.

Hedy
03-18-2008, 04:53 PM
Congrats! :cooldance::cooldance:

Mom2aPrincess
03-18-2008, 05:08 PM
Yeah. I am contemplating touring guides as well because we will be there right as Food and Wine kicks off and there is an Expedition Everest Challenge going on at AK while we are there.

I am a big fan of TourGuideMike and can probably answer any questions you guys have about that if you become interested.

luvdisney00
03-19-2008, 08:04 AM
I am a big fan of TourGuideMike and can probably answer any questions you guys have about that if you become interested.

Me too! For the thousands of dollars that a Disney vacation costs, TGM is the best 20 bucks you'll spend.

linanglab
03-19-2008, 08:19 AM
I also am a fan of TGM. However, I am very disappointed that he will not consider working with SR. That upsets me a bit.

He does have lots of info on his site. I especially like the EMH listings and which parks are busiest on which days. But there is definitley a wealth of knowledge on his site.

kerry34
03-19-2008, 08:32 AM
Congrats and happy planning:cooldance:

Magical JenK
03-19-2008, 09:05 AM
Congrats Dee! I love that feeling! It's the best! I'm booking our December trip this week too! Debating on airfare now or waiting...I'm thinking I should just book it & be done w/it! ADRs are most fun!

Have your in-laws been to WDW before? Do they know they're going or is it a surprise for them? How exciting!! Here's to hoping December & January get here as fast as possible!! :cooldance:

Catherine-
What is the Expedition Challenge??? (Yep-I'm too tired to go to disboards & search!) :(

m 'n c
03-19-2008, 09:17 AM
I found it on disneyworldtrivia.com I think its some type of mini marathon or extreme challenge but I don't know anything more than that.

wilsonfamily4
03-19-2008, 11:15 AM
My in laws have never been to WDW. They went to Disneyland about 20 years ago and that is it. They are the kind of parents that did everything for their kids. His mom stayed home and his dad worked a blue collar job so they didn't have much money but somehow they sent all 4 kids to private school. They are always helping their grown kids now with their endeavors, down payments on houses college, etc. They just would never spend money on a vacation. I am so excited to do this for them. They are really wonderful inlaws and my kids are really excited to show them their favorite rides.

I got TGM and Touringplans yesterday. I am not sure I really love both. Seems like a lot of that info is at other sites but partly because the month I am going is so far out that I need to wait for schedules.

Congrats Dee! I love that feeling! It's the best! I'm booking our December trip this week too! Debating on airfare now or waiting...I'm thinking I should just book it & be done w/it! ADRs are most fun!

Have your in-laws been to WDW before? Do they know they're going or is it a surprise for them? How exciting!! Here's to hoping December & January get here as fast as possible!! :cooldance:

Catherine-
What is the Expedition Challenge??? (Yep-I'm too tired to go to disboards & search!) :(

m 'n c
03-19-2008, 11:18 AM
Oh it sounds like you are going to have such a good time Dee! I can't wait to start reading your pretrip planning as I loved your trip report from last year.

3dog2kidmom
03-21-2008, 06:45 PM
How exciting, Dee! We love going in January -- it's such nice weather and the crowds are pretty low. Have a wonderful time planning!